The Tom Scully thread

H_T

well if he has any real damage to his knee he WONT go to camp. He will still in all likelyhood come to us at ! so why risk anything..

I tend to side with those thinking he had a bit of a knock and was being mollycoddled for rest of game ( after it was in bag )

Hutchy ...wouldnt be able to resist it if there was any real legs to a Scully injury....hed have the #1 scoop of teh Draft all to himself. Far too tempting for a media limpet !!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt it's serious at all, as he played out the game. But with Dandenong 5 goals up I think Yeats was making sure that his best player wasn't going to miss the Grand Final, so he just kept him in cotton wool so as not to aggravate anything.

There's some real melodrama happening on this board with a lot of people making a lot of comments with very, very little information.Maybe we should just get a couple of you a private chat room.

Here's what I posted over at Demonology:

'I was at the game. He played nearly the entire thing without a visit to the bench and I never noticed him hobbling or anything. Just before the end of the match he came to the bench and when the siren went walked back onto the ground with an icepack attached to his left knee. He didn't seem to be in any visible pain and was shaking hands with the opposition players etc. I'd say it's some sort of tenderness and the icepack is mostly precautionary'.

It's not too bad one way or the other as he was walking freely enough at the end.

just heard to not bother going to TAC grand final to see SCULLY if thats youre main interest.

in watching it.

as he is injured and out for season. !!!

BUGGER.

DONT KNOW HOW BAD OR WHAT IS INVOLVED ????

source g. healy 3aw..

p.s; CRACKED KNEE CAP & CLEANING OUT FLOATING CHIPS UNDERNEATH...

OUT FOR A MONTH & WONT BE AVAILABLE FOR DRAFT CAMP -OTHER THAN INTERVIEWS I GUESS?

BUT WILL, BE AVAILABLE FOR PRE SEASON TRAINING AFTER NOV. CAMP.

Edited by fuschia

just heard to not bother going to TAC grand final to see SCULLY if thats youre main interest.

in watching it.

as he is injured and out for season. !!!

BUGGER.

DONT KNOW HOW BAD OR WHAT IS INVOLVED ????

source g. healy 3aw..

Hmmmm, hope that doesn't affect draft camp, would have liked to see how he goes there.

Looked as though he was injured during the match on saturday. Started out running off half back, then came out i think after half time with strapping on one knee and played in the forward line. He appeared to be limping as well.

Hopefully it's not too bad as he stayed on for most of the match.

Out for the season? haha There's one game left ffs.. Disappointing not to see him run around on Friday but who really cares. As long as he's ready to go round 1.

Very interesting that NO MENTION TODAY IN THE PAPERS re his injury. Noticed Tim Harrington, our List Manager having a very close look at him at 3/4 time last Saturday. At least we know we are on the ball. If severely injured may have to go for another combination for 1 & 2.(HOWEVER VERY DOUBTFUL IT WILL BE THAT DRASTIC) It did not seem that serious last Saturday though pulled up very sore after the game.However, it must be significant for Scully to miss a Grand Final,if indeed he does.

Edited by jayceebee31

I tweeted Schwabby about Scully. He tweeted about Garland; fingers crossed he will write something about Scully.

"I have had a few tweets re Tom Scully with a expectation we would have some info! As I understand, had surgery and will make a full recovery"

"I have had a few tweets re Tom Scully with a expectation we would have some info! As I understand, had surgery and will make a full recovery"

Well, the fact that he's had surgery makes it a dead set certainty that he'll not only be at Melbourne next year but that he'll fit in well with the rest of the team. :rolleyes:

Well, the fact that he's had surgery makes it a dead set certainty that he'll not only be at Melbourne next year but that he'll fit in well with the rest of the team. :rolleyes:

Just received an email from a mate who is reasonably well connected in all things footy and he says that Scully could play this week but the coaching/medical staff have advised him against it to ensure he is up and about for next season. It is only 'ScullyButt' but I have taken it as gospel until I hear something concrete.