• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Fevola

Cards13

Just watching this One HD footy show replay and they showed some Fev highlights from the weekend.

Now I recall a lengthy debate about us trying to trade for him as one point (last year or the previous year not sure). I think I was against the idea at the time but gee wizz I am so happy he is not part of our club in any way shape or form. The man is a gifted footballer but as selfish goes he has to be close to topping them all. Couple of passes in the first qtr landed short of him and he gave up on the ball or went one handed and then didn't chase at all when the ball turned over.

Also saw a few weeks ago he had a spray at Cloke for something, Cloke came to him for a "sorry bout that lets keep working" type high 5, Fev told him to fark off......

Very happy to see him at that cheating mob.

Some players I would rather have before we went for Fevola :

Jason Laycock

Fabian Deluca

Cain Ackland

Simon Crawshay

Clinton Wolf (Ex Freo)

Ryan O'Connor

Richard Lounder (No. 1 pick who played 4 games for Richmond in `89)

Courtney Johns

Luke Molan

Ben Doolan

James Manson

Brett Chalmers

Greg Stafford

Stuart Wigney

Steven Sziller

Sudjai Cook

Brent Grgic

So, after racking my brain for those names, my answer is NO.... Stay away Fevola.... You are a disease! Keep infecting your current club :P

Some players I would rather have before we went for Fevola :

Jason Laycock

Fabian Deluca

Cain Ackland

Simon Crawshay

Clinton Wolf (Ex Freo)

Ryan O'Connor

Richard Lounder (No. 1 pick who played 4 games for Richmond in `89)

Courtney Johns

Luke Molan

Ben Doolan

James Manson

Brett Chalmers

Greg Stafford

Stuart Wigney

Steven Sziller

Sudjai Cook

Brent Grgic

So, after racking my brain for those names, my answer is NO.... Stay away Fevola.... You are a disease! Keep infecting your current club :P

Don't forget Fui Atata or Athos Herousalakis in those Dealings or maybe the Great "Tony Dullard"

2/3 years back, when Fev was publicly on the market, not last Yr, I was for a trade to get him.

I was also Against the talked of trade for Lance Whitnall.

In hindsight, I'm now glad that we didn't & that we're on youth policy.

Bring on this Draft & pushing on next year's forwards... :huh: Pardon the pun.

Some years ago, when we were pushing for top four still, there was talk of bringing in Fevola or Whitnall.

At the time I was more in favour of Whintall, because Fevola is a #$^S.

It's still touch and go between the two!

Anyhow, I crossed the idea off immediately when it became apparent that the contemplated trade involved Brad Green going.

On that, I rest my crystal ball.

Some of you better read the OP before posting yourself.

And Cards13, you have to be clearer with your title.

He isn't advocating trading for Fevola, he is saying we dodged a bullet.

BTW, it was pre-Bailey that attempt to get Fevola.

Fevola will probably be too old for even Carlton, when they get into their premiership window, let alone when we do. Would have been a horrible, horrible idea. I'm glad they've gone with the youth policy.

Fevola will probably be too old for even Carlton, when they get into their premiership window, let alone when we do. Would have been a horrible, horrible idea. I'm glad they've gone with the youth policy.

A couple of weeks ago Fevola was interviewed on TV (On the Couch?) and he said that he had a few mates at St. Kilda and that he played late night poker games with them.

Today, there's an article about a "high-profile player with gambling problems" who David Schwarz has urged to seek help - David Schwarz urges star to act on gambling.

"Who it is . . . I can narrow it down," Schwarz said after the Herald Sun's revelations about the extent of gambling in footy.

"But it's not about naming and shaming."

Well I'm not naming and I'm not shaming but there's one player who is on record to admitting that he plays these poker games and his form has been down on recent weeks. That, of course, doesn't necessarily mean that he has a gambling problem.

In addition, I'm specifically not naming because, quite frankly, if it is Fevola (and I'm not saying that it is) and he's too arrogant to seek help, then good luck to him and the club that he plays with and good luck to Ratten and Judd in their quest to improve the culture at Carlton.

As for us trying to get him ... pffft!

Just watching this One HD footy show replay and they showed some Fev highlights from the weekend.

Now I recall a lengthy debate about us trying to trade for him as one point (last year or the previous year not sure). I think I was against the idea at the time but gee wizz I am so happy he is not part of our club in any way shape or form. The man is a gifted footballer but as selfish goes he has to be close to topping them all. Couple of passes in the first qtr landed short of him and he gave up on the ball or went one handed and then didn't chase at all when the ball turned over.

Also saw a few weeks ago he had a spray at Cloke for something, Cloke came to him for a "sorry bout that lets keep working" type high 5, Fev told him to fark off......

If you traded for Fevola you would only offer him a 1 year performance based contract.

If you look at all the years where he's been really damaging, his contract has been up for renewal... what a chump ;)

Word out of Carlton at the moment is that the landscape is Richmondesque. Players aren't happy with Rattens multiple game plans and everyone isn't potentially running in the same direction.

They are definetely going to have to buy some more players next year; Visy will be shopping

If you traded for Fevola you would only offer him a 1 year performance based contract.

If you are going to offer that then why bother getting in the ring at all?

Before you get to the offer stage, ask yourself why a player who at 27 can influence games but is being touted for trade by a Club coming into a premiership challenging window? Why would they do that? And the ask yourself why a young side like MFC would chase a social and culture delinquent like Fev?

Word out of Carlton at the moment is that the landscape is Richmondesque. Players aren't happy with Rattens multiple game plans and everyone isn't potentially running in the same direction.

Fev is going in his own direction. Carlton is a long way from anything like Richmond...by a mile. Nothing like rumour when you dont have the facts

They are definetely going to have to buy some more players next year; Visy will be shopping

With what???

Unless they get rid of Fev then they have no chance.

BTW, Richard Pratt is dead. Apparently he left a small amount to Carlton in his will. I dont think Visy under different heads will be propping Carlton like they have.

If you are going to offer that then why bother getting in the ring at all?

Before you get to the offer stage, ask yourself why a player who at 27 can influence games but is being touted for trade by a Club coming into a premiership challenging window? Why would they do that? And the ask yourself why a young side like MFC would chase a social and culture delinquent like Fev?

Fev is going in his own direction. Carlton is a long way from anything like Richmond...by a mile. Nothing like rumour when you dont have the facts

With what???

Unless they get rid of Fev then they have no chance.

BTW, Richard Pratt is dead. Apparently he left a small amount to Carlton in his will. I dont think Visy under different heads will be propping Carlton like they have.

What do you know?

For starters if you take seriously anyone offering Fev a 1 year deal, you need to get out more and relax.

Secondly, fev going in his own direction?... Appears you are agreeing with me, though I can't be sure, considering you seem hell bent on looking for a fight this morning... wrong side of bed? Fev is a big influential leadership group member at Carlton. If you think Fevs attitude and output doesn't affect the younger players at Carlton, you've got your head planted somewhere not very nice.

And no-one ever said they were as bad as Richmond. No-one has ever been as bad as Richmond; I'm not sure why you are reading this much into that comment. Simply the players are confused why they have 1 game plan for Richmond (back yourself and all out attack) and another for the bigger bodied sides like Sydney and Adelaide; totally defensive and Fevola ending up on a wing with no-one to kick to.

And my source, the same person who told me Judd would be at Carlton next season 10 weeks before anyone in the media even suggested he was going to be leaving West Coast. So make of it whatever you like!

Perhaps a stiff drink Rhino?

Do you have to turn everything into an critical personal analsis?

He's a disgrace isn't he! Mind you if Cloke was in my team I think I'd be giving him a spray at least once a game also! Gee the Cloke's would have to be the most untalented footballers in the competition. hehe.

For starters if you take seriously anyone offering Fev a 1 year deal, you need to get out more and relax.

Sorry. I will remember not take anything you say seriously.

Secondly, fev going in his own direction?... Appears you are agreeing with me, though I can't be sure, considering you seem hell bent on looking for a fight this morning... wrong side of bed? Fev is a big influential leadership group member at Carlton.

Blind Freddie can see that Fev is a loose cog. It does not require the rumour with other bits of unsubstantiate rubbishFev is not a leadership member he is a malignant cultural stain that is hurting Carlton.

If you think Fevs attitude and output doesn't affect the younger players at Carlton, you've got your head planted somewhere not very nice.

You acknowledged I have said Fev is moving in his own direction so why the grandstanding?

And my source, the same person who told me Judd would be at Carlton next season 10 weeks before anyone in the media even suggested he was going to be leaving West Coast. So make of it whatever you like!

WoW!!!

I would like a talented Key Position forward that would fill in for a couple of years, until we are ready to have a red hot dip.

If we have a plethora of draft picks at the end of the year, I would like us to to use something (maybe 2 or pick 18)to trade for a proven talent.

I believe we will start having a working fast midfield and we need some marking and goal power to bridge the hole that is waiting for Jack watts. He is a fair way off.

Any talent comes with problems. If we did have Fev, (who I agree would raise the largest hackles) it would mean we would have to mature enough as a team to ensure we can stick to the right path.

I believe we would have more problems with player attitudes,TV schedules and memberships if we just keep picking youngsters.

To start the new 2010 year off with a boom KPF would rock our world. We have the picks in the bank, why not ask about the Kosis, Roughys, fev's, Quintons, whom clubs may be ready to deal with as they will get SFA draft picks when Gold Coast raises its head.

Dunn and pick 56 for Fevola, the pick 56 only sweetens the deal.

Fevola will be a real O'Keefe type player for the Dees I reckon

No way. Poison to our image and the culture Bails is trying to develop. There is a reason Fev who was expected to be a top 10 pick in the year he was drafted slipped down the order. And clubs have improved their due diligence since.

No way. Poison to our image and the culture Bails is trying to develop. There is a reason Fev who was expected to be a top 10 pick in the year he was drafted slipped down the order. And clubs have improved their due diligence since.

He's joking diesel.

He's joking diesel.

Any interest in Hawthorn's Mitch Thorp who was touted as a KPP almost as highly as Jack Watts was last year? Thorp went top 6 in the draft but struggled with form, injury and the fact that the Hawks have Roughead, Franklin, Williams and others well ahead of him. He's now out for the season with injury but I wonder if it would be worth trying to get him in some sort of a trade at the end of the year.

Surprised no-one has made mention of that high profile player in trouble with a gambling problem, apparently a mate of recovering/recovered addict and our own Big Schwarta, whos urged him to reveal himself and get help.

WELL from the talk thats going around, and its supposedly spot on the money (sorry for the pun) - its the man of the thread BRENDAN FEVOLA. Sad whoever it is and you only hope they get the help they need.

Theres talk of huge debt, THROWING MATCHES and 'heavies' about to enter the scene.

Some lady, in rehab for gambling reckon she sat at the tables with Fev before, he'd nearly knocked her over trying to get to his chips (keen?) and that his fav number to punt on was 25. Who knows?..

mabbe there will be something on the footy show tonight??

Obviously, if true you'll have a 'Cousins' type scenario and the Fev might not be playing anywhere for a while. Don't think he'd be the best choise for the Dees anyway with the attitude.. a Lloyd type would be better.

Would like to think we have a Fev - Lloydy type forward on our list, about to explode on to the scene anyway.. ;)