Changes for next week vs the Power

LeBron James

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In - Maric (a must!), Dunn, Jurrah, Meesen, Newton, Whelan, Valenti

Out - McLean, Spencer, Bartram, Bate, Sylvia, Bennell, Jetta,

What's the deal with McLean only getting 13 touches. Is he fit enough??

And it's time to play Meesen. Currently we have to worst ruck duo in the AFL, so Meesen can't do any worse.

In: Maric, Whelan (if fit)

Out: Jetta, Bennell

Maybe Jurrah can sneak in too...

Jurrah has no chance no way is this guy fit and how typical drop bennell and jetta surely you could have the guts and name some very ordiary senior players

say Sylvia Mclean but unfortunatley there wont be many senior players fit enough to come back next week

Guest unstable punt

McLean will not get dropped, Bartram & Sylvia will be given another go

In: Maric, Wheatley, Whelan (all depending on fitness)

Out: Sylvia, Bennell, Jetta

If we had more fit players then I'd also drop McLean and Johnson.

Sylvia did nothing and doesn't deserve a spot in the team. Bennell and Jetta have showed that they will be a part of this team in the future, but right now they're out of their depth and need time at Casey.

And it's time to play Meesen. Currently we have to worst ruck duo in the AFL, so Meesen can't do any worse.

Seven changes. Really??

Jurrah does not have the tank atm nor the performance for AFL.

Newton- You're kidding.

Whelan - not fit

Valenti - Why would we elevate another one paced midfielder with limited skills. BTW, his form at Casey has been so so.

Dunn - Is a chance...but isnt instructive than in an injury riddled team Dunn cant break in. Says something about him.

Meesen - If he plays we would definitely have the worst ruck. Spencer's on a learning curve and in the 1st quarter actually gave us some really good centre clearances. PJ gave us nothing in the ruck. Overrated on this site.

Maric - If he plays a full game at Casey this week....definite.

1/7 well done!

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Seven changes. Really??

Jurrah does not have the tank atm nor the performance for AFL.

Newton- You're kidding.

Whelan - not fit

Valenti - Why would we elevate another one paced midfielder with limited skills. BTW, his form at Casey has been so so.

Dunn - Is a chance...but isnt instructive than in an injury riddled team Dunn cant break in. Says something about him.

Meesen - If he plays we would definitely have the worst ruck. Spencer's on a learning curve and in the 1st quarter actually gave us some really good centre clearances. PJ gave us nothing in the ruck. Overrated on this site.

Maric - If he plays a full game at Casey this week....definite.

1/7 well done!

so should we go in with the same side Einstein. :lol:

The plusses were Bate and Miller, especially first 45 mins. And Davey was BOG. Frawley was good again, as was Martin. Bruce and Green tried hard all day and Moloney seemed to be one of the few that was aware enough to know who to handpass it to. Exciting gameplan but murder when you give to someone under the pump.

Jetta, Spencer, and Bartram should make way for the three best performers. Spencers' omission is contingent on Meesen playing well tomorrow.

Johnson should ruck most of the game or go back to Casey and ruck most of the game. We are not helping our future by leaving him in the pocket. He needs to learn to ruck.

That first quarter hopefully is a glimpse of things to come; it wasn't scrappy, it was clean and quick and good to watch.

You only make changes if what is at Casey is better than what you saw today. For someone who should have had a point to prove Sylvia was once again a disappointment. Jetta reaffirmed for me today he could be the slowest indigenous player since Derek Kickett played for the All Stars.

In: Maric, Dunn

Out: Jetta, Sylvia

McLean will not get dropped, Bartram & Sylvia will be given another go

Any changes surely will come from these below, we're lacking experience.

Paul Wheatley

John Meesen

Lynden Dunn

Adam Maric

Rohan Bail

Michael Newton

R Shane Valenti

In: Maric, Whelan (if fit)

Out: Jetta, Bennell

happy with this...

dunn to come in if whelan not fit (which i doubt)

our lack of depth is disheartening.

you cant expect blokes like dunn/meesen etc to be saviours, because if the the match committee had any faith they'd be playing already.

Unless McLean is actually injured, he will not get dropped.

He's had 2 shockers, but has the runs on the board and deserves the chance to play into form and fitness. Besides, just having him there in the middle takes the best tagger away from Jonesy and Beamer, and we know how badly those two play when they are the number one target.

Out: Jetta, PJ

In: Maric, Meesen

Can't believe I'm advocating Meesen's cause, but we're paying him good money to do sweet all, and PJ is useless, so lets see what he's got.

Brogan and Lade must have started celebrating already.

By the way, lets be realistic here. There are not going to be 5 or 6 team changes, especially not in round 2 and especially if (by some sheer miracle) everyone lives to see another day. You can't go deflating a young team's confidence by dropping every second player, especially when their replacements are not much chop (or have played a grand total of zero matches).

Jones has got to go, instead of going with his first option, he waits and gets run down.......as a result of this a turnover occurs and before we know it, it's back into their 50. I really think the 'Jones' boy thinks he is better than he really is.

McLean's skills have dropped off from what they were....he's just a shadow of the guy he was...

Let these two have a rest and give Marric and if ready Whelan.........

I was really impressed with the first quarter, I was even lulled into a false sense of think that we could win.....in the 2nd half it was like I was transported back in time to last year......

That first quarter hopefully is a glimpse of things to come; it wasn't scrappy, it was clean and quick and good to watch.

Maybe good to watch, but it was no-touch footy; circle work. We made 2 tackles for the entire quarter (and the filth only made 10 from memory).

It wasn't a glimpse of things to come.

Jones has got to go, instead of going with his first option, he waits and gets run down.......as a result of this a turnover occurs and before we know it, it's back into their 50. I really think the 'Jones' boy thinks he is better than he really is.

McLean's skills have dropped off from what they were....he's just a shadow of the guy he was...

Let these two have a rest and give Marric and if ready Whelan.........

I was really impressed with the first quarter, I was even lulled into a false sense of think that we could win.....in the 2nd half it was like I was transported back in time to last year......

They tensed up when challenged, but kids do that. Would have got beaten by 100 had Davey not been as good as he was. Basically the link out of defence.

Midfield was the time traveller, beaten easily in contested possie, tackles, and Inside 50s.

McLean needs a bit of time considering he is coming off surgery but the kicking of Nathan Jones was awful, don't mind the getting caught with it if he's creating and running but the indiscriminate kicks have to be highlighted by Bailey in the debrief.

Maric is underdone and will definitely be knackered by 3 qtr time.

But let's see how he goes for Casey.

The plusses were Bate and Miller, especially first 45 mins. And Davey was BOG. Frawley was good again, as was Martin. Bruce and Green tried hard all day and Moloney seemed to be one of the few that was aware enough to know who to handpass it to. Exciting gameplan but murder when you give to someone under the pump.

Jetta, Spencer, and Bartram should make way for the three best performers. Spencers' omission is contingent on Meesen playing well tomorrow.

Johnson should ruck most of the game or go back to Casey and ruck most of the game. We are not helping our future by leaving him in the pocket. He needs to learn to ruck.

"Bruce and Green tried hard all day?"

Tried my patience I presume you mean. Senior players are EXPECTED to perform and set an EXAMPLE to their younger inexperienced team mates. Bruce and Green were extremely disappointing. Bruce in particular was very very ordinary. His kicking is mediocre and his lack of composure damning for a player of his experience and supposed ability. Green couldnt even kick the ball the boundary side advantage of Jones in the last quarter, made Jones stop and prop, ball spoiled.

Miller was good in the first half but our midfield was so bad in the second half that he had no supply. Macdonald tried hard but again his decision making and disposal at times was alarmingly poor.

Assuming Bruce and Green are not dropped as I would like them to be... Ins and Outs for now...

Ins - Dunn, Jetta

Outs - Bate, Maric

Unless McLean is actually injured, he will not get dropped.

He's had 2 shockers, but has the runs on the board and deserves the chance to play into form and fitness.

Michael Hussey has more runs on the board that McLean. Take the glasses off Jaded.

I would not play Meesen until he can show he can give something but I agree that PJ is just awful in the ruck. Problem is so is Meesen.

I would think Bate, PJ, Sylvia, McLean should not relax at the moment. They are burning up credits fast.

Were there options for him in the first place?

There was one massive rundown where he got caught in the middle, but why was he waiting? Were there options for him ahead?

Michael Hussey has more runs on the board that McLean. Take the glasses off Jaded.

Come on then Rhino, who do you have replacing McLean in next week's team?... yeah I didn't think so.

I think you'll find that I'm very much aware of how poorly McLean is performing at the moment, but the fact remains that he still demands the opposition's best tagger and it's been 2 games and we're getting comprehensively smashed in the ruck which is not helping.

I'd drop PJ not because Meesen is likely to be any better, but because PJ need a good kick up the arse. He has become lazy, which is unacceptable.