Colin Sylvia- Complaints, Congratulations and Comments

Don24

Not only did Colin have a typically average game, he missed an easy crucial goal in the last qr. What really annoyed me though was when he was laughing after the game chatting with hawks players, he should have been [censored] off and annoyed after that. No passion. Today is the first time ive thought he is never going to live up to his hype as a #3 draft pick. Don't think he will ever be more than an average player...

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i know what everyone is going to say to me, "it's only NAB cup, chill out", "give the kid a go". But i'm finished with him, since he's got here he's been given every opportunity to shine, but he just hasn't shown me enough. He had the chance to end the game today against the reigning premiers from 25 meters out on a slight angle, but he missed. If he's a midfielder, he didn't get anough of the ball, if he's a forward then that should be bread and butter.

We'll keep him in the side practically all year because he was an avenue for goals in 08, but he's become the player where every time he gets the ball i'll be saying, "oh no, not him". So there it is, if he becomes a valuable player then i'll gladly eat humble pie as i did with Miller, but i'm done.

PS, shame the whole team threw it away in the last quarter, well done for the effort though.

Not only did Colin have a typically average game, he missed an easy crucial goal in the last qr. What really annoyed me though was when he was laughing after the game chatting with hawks players, he should have been [censored] off and annoyed after that. No passion. Today is the first time ive thought he is never going to live up to his hype as a #3 draft pick. Don't think he will ever be more than an average player...

Agree entirely - It's never going to happen with Sylvia

We have wasted the 2004 No.3 draft selection.

However from limited game time seriously impressed with ROHAN BAIL

This kid seemed to have poise, muscle & a serious enjoyment for finding the Sherrin.

You people are going to look like real [censored] when he takes home the Bluey this season.

And it will happen, mark my words.

You people are going to look like real [censored] when he takes home the Bluey this season.

Marked.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

i didnt know they had a bluey in the reserves. :lol:

Marked.

Marked x2

Happy to accept that he's just not up to it, CAC got it wrong, no big deal.

This is all under the priviso that the club gives his spot in the side to someone a young player.

Well if that happens YM then a lot of folk will be more than happy to eat their words......

But seriously he was ordinary today both in skill and attitude, and if your prediction is to come to fruition then a hell of a lot is going to have to change.

Personally I'd like you to be proved right (could make the team stronger), but I am certainly not going to hold my breath!!!

Sylvia was terrible today, and I had expected a lot better but....

If today was the day for you that you decided that Sylvia was no good then I have to ask, why didn't you see it earlier? Surely a NAB cup game cannot be such a defining game in a player's career?

Also I get thi feeling that if the rest of the team got better around him, then he would be in our best. Can we afford to have a player like that?

I suppose he has a year to prove himself, and we have a year to adjust our expectations on him.

First, forget about what number Sylvia was picked in the draft - it's irrelevant. It's a ranking based on what one recruited thought of him when he was ~17 years old. He's been around five years, and takes up the same number of spots on our list as any other player - one.

Second, Sylvia wasn't particularly terrible today. He was pretty quiet but I actually thought he had a fairly typical Sylvia day.

Second, Sylvia wasn't particularly terrible today. He was pretty quiet but I actually thought he had a fairly typical Sylvia day.

Probably the problem ;) !!!

First, forget about what number Sylvia was picked in the draft - it's irrelevant. It's a ranking based on what one recruited thought of him when he was ~17 years old. He's been around five years, and takes up the same number of spots on our list as any other player - one.

So a typical Sylvia day is good enough to deny someone like Spencer a spot in the list or Strauss an opportunity?

I am so sick an tired of people suggesting that certain players don't have to live up to expectations, it's an attitude that does not exist at top clubs.

So a typical Sylvia day is good enough to deny someone like Spencer a spot in the list or Strauss an opportunity?

Perhaps you should try reading some of my other posts re: Sylvia today before you jump to (incorrect) conclusions.

Feel free to show me where I said a typical Sylvia day is anthing remotely 'good'.

I just don't see what was so outstandingly bad about Sylvia's game today that has everyone jump off the bandwagon - to me it was an average performance from him (although perhaps a little quieter than normal).

I am so sick an tired of people suggesting that certain players don't have to live up to expectations, it's an attitude that does not exist at top clubs.

I don't care what draft number players were ranked at, I just want to see them worthy of their spot on the list.

If they don't live up to your expectations of what a x draft pick should be then blame the recruitment managers or development coaches.

It's the same attitude that sees people hang on to shares that are in terminal decline far too long because they bought at a high price when they should be basing their decisions on current output and future potential (not the past).

Perhaps you should try reading some of my other posts re: Sylvia today before you jump to (incorrect) conclusions.

Feel free to show me where I said a typical Sylvia day is anthing remotely 'good'.

I just don't see what was so outstandingly bad about Sylvia's game today that has everyone jump off the bandwagon - to me it was an average performance from him (although perhaps a little quieter than normal).

I don't care what draft number players were ranked at, I just want to see them worthy of their spot on the list.

If they don't live up to your expectations of what a x draft pick should be then blame the recruitment managers or development coaches.

It's the same attitude that sees people hang on to shares that are in terminal decline far too long because they bought at a high price when they should be basing their decisions on current output and future potential (not the past).

Mate, not having a go, just trying to stimulate conversation, hence my comments offered as a question for debate.

I am sick of Sylvia's typical days, sick of them. He must improve this season or he should justifiably loose his spot.

I'm not bothered with where on the table he was drafted. The expectation however, when he was drafted, was that he would develop into a capable midfielder/small forward, which after five seasons, he has not.