Jurrah- get ready for something special

premiershipvigil

Make no mistake this bloke will bring the excitement and skill to the MFC.

The Pies and North are both cursing MFC for picking up this bloke who has been the standout player in the Northern Territory in 2008.

Jurrah is blessed with:

(a) pace to burn;

(B) great disposal;

© courage;

(d) leadership; and

(e) determination to win the hard ball.

I hope he can adjust to life and the weather in Melbourne.

Ideally I see Jurrah playing in the forward pocket changing on the wing.

This bloke is a gun in the making.

Well done MFC. :o

Guest melbman

The Pies and North are both cursing MFC for picking up this bloke who has been the standout player in the Northern Territory in 2008.

Jurrah is blessed with:

(a) pace to burn;

(B) great disposal;

© courage;

(d) leadership; and

I hope he can adjust to life and the weather in Melbourne.

Ideally I see Jurrah playing in the forward pocket changing on the wing.

This bloke is a gun in the making.

Well done MFC. :o

Welcome to Demonland premiershipvigil

Interested to know if you've seen him play. I've only seen the bigpond footage that someone posted a link to

Cheers

Guest melbman
Yes mate, I saw him play this year and he was a standout reminds me of a speedy Hird in the way he knows where to run to and can win a game off his own boot.

Cheers

Thanks for that

You from Darwin?

I left Darwin last Feb, was there 2 years and miss it a bit, especially with the Darwin wet season about to return. Love those thunder storms

Jurrah is blessed with:

(a) pace to burn;

(B) great disposal;

© courage;

(d) leadership; and

I am trying to keep a lid on my excitement on this guy, I have only seen the highlight clips. If what you say is true then we have just got the recruit of the year from the PSD. If d&e can be replicated at the elite level this guy will be a star.

I notice this question was asked before but no one responded......

If he was available for the national draft where would have he gone? I would have suggest late 2nd rnd (pick 30-40)

I am trying to keep a lid on my excitement on this guy, I have only seen the highlight clips. If what you say is true then we have just got the recruit of the year from the PSD. If d&e can be replicated at the elite level this guy will be a star.

I notice this question was asked before but no one responded......

If he was available for the national draft where would have he gone? I would have suggest late 2nd rnd (pick 30-40)

Fwiw I've heard/read anywhere between 50 and 80. He missed the ND because a mix-up of his paperwork.

I'm from Darwin.

Unfortunately, I haven't been around the AFLNT scene for the last couple of years but I have plenty of mates who are.

One of my mates played with him for Nightcliff and had nothing but praise for him mentioning all of those things that are being reported of him...freakish athletic ability, big kick etc. He related him in some ways to Adrian McAdam. Let's hope he sticks around for a bit longer than him though.

I have also heard of a very positive report of him from a senior AFLNT person involved with many indigenous players. He said Jurrah is a really good pick up for us and I take his opinion with some authority.

There are some risks with this guy, as there are with all individuals and in particular interstate recruits so let's not count our chickens before they have hatched and claim him to be the next masire. But he does give some reason for excitment and I am looking forward to seeing him in the red and blue!

lets not count our chickens before they have hatched and claim him to be the next masire.

No disrespect Stinga, I usually let mis-spellings go without mentioning... but this one is an absolute corker.

Sorry to highlight...

As for the bulk of your post, I think it pretty much sums up the general view. The guy looks like he's a good selection that shows chiefly that the club certainly has looked far and wide when recruiting. But no matter how good his chops are pre-drafting, any number of things can still go wrong as with any player... and with him you have the added factor of the climate change along with homesickness... Should he feel the need to return home, and who could blame him given our weather in the last week or so, we won't get anything for him in a trade with the East Darwin Kookaburras...

At this stage of drafting you'd say there's very little chance of a player making it. but as far as I'm concerned there's really no reason to be MORE excited by Sibosado than Jurrah. So what more can you say? Cousins?

Bravo dees. Good call at this stage, and really, that's all we can ask for.

Guest melbman
I'm from Darwin.

I have also heard of a very positive report of him from a senior AFLNT person involved with many indigenous players. He said Jurrah is a really good pick up for us and I take his opinion with some authority.

Cheers s-t-i-n-g-a

I spoke to someone yesterday who knows him, which surprised the heck out of me considering the circumstances, and they say a similar thing re the development that will need to go into him as he is very raw from an AFL perspective and will be a long way from home

I'd been dreaming of game time early but now I'm a bit more realistic on that front though still just as excited

My only hope is that the club pours buckets of resources in to him to make sure he is able to get kind of settled, and properly mentored. I always get a touch nervous about plucking young men and making them live a long, long way from home.

If he's as talented as everyone says he is, his ability on the field will take care of itself. It's the social aspect I'd be worried about.

Best of luck to him. I think he's going to have a tougher journey than most.

My only hope is that the club pours buckets of resources in to him to make sure he is able to get kind of settled, and properly mentored. I always get a touch nervous about plucking young men and making them live a long, long way from home.

My hope is the Club does not have to do this as firstly, it can't afford it and secondly, the connotation is that having to spend buckets means there are serious side issues. I hope not and the Club has done its due diligence and found a talented player if not the mezziorah (Hell I'm doing it too. <_< ) we have been looking for.

My hope is the Club does not have to do this as firstly, it can't afford it and secondly, the connotation is that having to spend buckets means there are serious side issues.

What makes everyone think Liam is going to be abnormally homesick for Yuendemu? The city might be the Big Adventure.

And sure it gets very hot outside winter, but if you've ever camped in Central Australia in June, you might re-appraise your idea about the climate and temperature.

What makes everyone think Liam is going to be abnormally homesick for Yuendemu? The city might be the Big Adventure.

And sure it gets very hot outside winter, but if you've ever camped in Central Australia in June, you might re-appraise your idea about the climate and temperature.

Not really sure to be honest. It's just a connection I seem to have made somewhere along the way. I hope you're right.

Not really sure to be honest. It's just a connection I seem to have made somewhere along the way. I hope you're right.

I'm with you there Nasher, although I'm more concerned with Bennell and Jetta. If they want to go home they can go to WCE/Freo. If Jurrah wants to go home he will have to give up the game at elite level. And judging by the reports, he's pretty determined to make it.

My hope is the Club does not have to do this ...

Looking after recruits such as Liam need not cost the club much money, if any. Put him up with a good family as all young recruits do and get the players to spend time helping him settle in. If he needs to go home once a year so be it. I'm sure the club could find the airfare without too much difficulty. Wona went home last year and I think Aaron's been home during the season before. It's not a big deal and it's all part of the club being sensitive to players needs. They are fairly important to us and deserve to be taken care of. The guy clearly wants to play AFL so we're half way there already.

From what I have seen and heard, this guy was well worth the pick ...a really smart piece if recruiting. Every recruit is a risk - and few have as much upside potential as he does. I certainly won't be criticising anyone if for some reason he doesn't make it.

Clearly he loves the game - and he's going to come into a very supportive environment. I'll trust our our welfare and development people - and look forward to seeing him in the NAB Cup.

Jurrah-- Hurrah!

From what I have seen and heard, this guy was well worth the pick ...a really smart piece if recruiting. Every recruit is a risk - and few have as much upside potential as he does. I certainly won't be criticising anyone if for some reason he doesn't make it.

From what I've heard too...it seems to be a common theme ..... a very good pick up. Bring it on Jurrah.

The best thing is the article, great to see the whole town has now turned red and blue.

Good Times!

There is momentum building at our club ecveryone, it's exciting, hard work ahead, but good things come to those who wait.. and we have waited a long time, so we must be getting some great things in the future.

I Love my club!

I just wonder whether it's a perception we have of indigenous players rather than a reality. Many indigenous players have played happily with Melbourne clubs for years, on the other hand Steven Oliver got homesick for Castlemaine.