Green Staying a Demon

youami

Jeez you guys are a loyal lot.

Green wanted to jump from our sinking ship but no-one else wanted him.

He didn't want to be a Dee next year.

No wonder his teamates don't rate him as a leader,leaders don't bail when the going gets too tough.

He tried to bail.

He was my favourite player,now he can go to hell.

Yeah it is always that simple.....

But with an attitude like that you can go there first :angry:

No wonder his teamates don't rate him as a leader,leaders don't bail when the going gets too tough.

He tried to bail.

how old are you?

Melb was offered Sydney's pick, but he wanted to stay in Vic.

He tried to bail.

Listening to SEN Connolly said Green was very open and honest about his thoughts. He maintained to the club all week that he would never leave unless we got compensated and that he only wanted to leave if the club thought it was in his and their best interest.

Green listened to offers from the Hawks, Pies, Swans and Power. Turned down all four.

In short.... grow up buddy.

Listening to SEN Connolly said Green was very open and honest about his thoughts. He maintained to the club all week that he would never leave unless we got compensated and that he only wanted to leave if the club thought it was in his and their best interest.

Green listened to offers from the Hawks, Pies, Swans and Power. Turned down all four.

In short.... grow up buddy.

What i heard on SEN actually made me respect the guy a bit more (assuming its true) and i ws hoping we'd get a decent pick for him, but now i'm glad he stayed.

Brock for captain though, no contest

Sounds like a sensible position from both the club and the player.

Forgive me, the AFL and club websites don't work on my computer. Has Green officially resigned or agreed to do so?

"MELBOURNEfc is pleased to announce that Brad Green has agreed to terms on a new three year contract with the Club."

It also refers to him as 'Newly signed'. So I think he has officially re-signed.

The Hun is claiming that Green has re signed.

Regardless of the outcome, I dont think Green is a front runner for the Captaincy

"MELBOURNEfc is pleased to announce that Brad Green has agreed to terms on a new three year contract with the Club."

It also refers to him as 'Newly signed'. So I think he has officially re-signed.

Thanks Rhino and titan. Good news indeed. And Rhino, I'm with you on the captaincy front.

Here's an announcement by the mfc I received by email this afternoon, thought I'd share it with you all: -

Green Commits to Demons

MELBOURNEfc is pleased to announce that Brad Green has agreed to terms on a new three year contract with the Club.

Green's new deal comes off the back of another remarkably consistent year for the 27 year-old, in which the versatile Demon finished third in the Club Best and Fairest - his fourth consecutive top five finish in the award.

In a deal that will see Green remain at the Club until 2011, General Manager of Football, Chris Connolly said, "We are really happy that we were able to come to terms with Brad on his new three year deal.

"It did take us longer than expected, but we respect the fact that this was a big decision for Brad, and we are pleased that he will now become a ten year player for this team, and most likely a one-club man.

"Not only has Brad been a sensational player for the Demons, but his leadership around the Club will be vitally important as we develop and nurture our young group of players."

Newly signed Demon Brad Green said, "This was a really important decision for me, and I wanted to take the time to make sure I was making the right choice for my future.

"I am now relieved I have made the decision to stay and look forward to being a Demon for life."

Green, taken with selection No. 19 in the 1999 National Draft was recruited from the Northern Bombers in Tasmania. He has played 186 games, and kicked 227 goals for Melbourne.

On a positive note:

Connolly also said he was confident the relationship between the Demons and Green would continue to be strong.

"It was always an outstanding [relationship]," he said.

"We've always been up front and honest, and I think Brad got to the stage of his career at 27 where it was a very important contract in his life, and he had to look at the opportunities in terms of winning a premiership or whether to become a leader of a club that's rebuilding itself.

Can't blame a guy who is getting towards the end of his career while at a Club that's bottoming out - everyone wants to win a premiership.

For his sake and ours, let's hope he can do a Crawf.

[topic=http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/Default.aspx?newsid=68889]http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/Default.aspx?newsid=68889

Confirmation from Connolley "Sydney had a strong interest and there was an early draft pick linked into that, and that got played out in the end." Sydney offered pick 16 as part of the ROK deal. I'm glad at least 1 opposition AFL coach rates Greeny at somewhere near his value. :lol: I think in the last 2 years theres been less stand out games but an overall much more consistent standard from Brad. Hopefully this'll continue for the next couple of years at least, because it'll be at least that long before we'll start to see consistency out of younger players.

Confirmation from Connolley "Sydney had a strong interest and there was an early draft pick linked into that, and that got played out in the end." Sydney offered pick 16 as part of the ROK deal. I'm glad at least 1 opposition AFL coach rates Greeny at somewhere near his value.

But Sydney don't have pick 16, Hawthorn do.

I am not quite sure how to feel to be honest. I am stoked he is staying because he really has shown the last 2 years that he can play some inspiring footy which is great to have around so many kids. On the other hand, he obviously was more than happy to walk from the club if the right money came his way. It didnt! So now he has to face the playing group at training on Monday with the whole group knowing very well that he was pretty much selling out! ROK will feel the same wrath if he stays at Sydney but more than likely he will end up at carlton in the PSD you would think.

I rate Greeny`s efforts the past 2 years I really do. He has surprised me with his run at the ball and lack of fear at running into packs. He is one of the only blokes to do it at Melbourne on a regular basis. This is team lifting stuff and can win games of footy by inspiring his teammates. I do worry about the reactions of how some of the players will feel towards him now. I am also wondering if what kept him at the club was an offer of co captaincy or at least VC. That might have been enough to sway him.

Anyway, I am sure that when he starts running into packs and doing the courageous acts we saw this year that the playing group won`t give a rats arse that he contemplated leaving. If Green is playing as well as he has in the past 2 years in a crap side I shudder to think how good he may become in 2 years time when this side starts showing it`s potential. Welcome home Brad!

it seems some of the saints fans rate him fairly highly and i also see nasher has paid a little visit to saintastional if u read the link

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48011

Saint supporters talking about soft Players!!! Ha that was a great read, as if they can talk. St.kilda was a retirement village for old hacks for years. Brad Green Soft. Pull the other one!! Clowns