Changes for the Cats next week

Jerry Lundergard

I've been a great wrap for the club's youth policy and it will clearly reap great dividends for the club's future.

However, I noticed Dean Bailey, when asked about the club's veterans who were playing at Sandringham, said that the club would be discussing their future with them this week. Jeff White and Adem Yze have been among the greats of the Melbourne Football Club and it would come as no surprise that they are not part of the club's plans for 2009 and beyond. They deserve a send off game and what better occassion than against one of the top clubs on Friday night live television in the lead up to the Olympic Games ceremony?

Hopefully, their selection will attract thousands of additional fans to the game to show their appreciation.

The only problem here might be that they would be coming off a 5 day break but then so too would anyone else playing for the Zebras today (e.g. Nathan Jones).

Obviously, I wouldn't be suggesting something like this if we were in the running for a place in the finals but the only prize we can win this year is made of wood and you cook things with it.

In: Carroll, White, Yze

Out: the 2 injured players and Aussie for a bit of confidence building at Sandy.

thats a real good idea but i think the white/yze sendoff will be saved for the last game which is our home game vs the tigers... it would be great if they had to win to make the 8 and we knocked them off.. i think we should just rely on the geelong factor this week for a crowd of 40-50 and then use Yze/White as the other factor against Richmond to get another good crowd.... will help our bottom line!!

we really struggled for a key forward yesterday, i don't think Bailey coached all that well compared to his other games...

so if Miller is not back, we bring in either Newton, Holland or White... if white comes in PJ plays forward all day, we need a target down there, at least someone to provide a contest...

I'd bring Ben Holland to be honest...

One other consideration might be Ricky Petterd.

As far as I'm aware, there's been no reason given for him not being selected in today's Sandringham team. I'm speculating but perhaps if he isn't injured then the thinking might be to play him on Friday night rather than play today and make his return on a 5 day break.

As far as I'm aware, there's been no reason given for him not being selected in today's Sandringham team. I'm speculating but perhaps if he isn't injured then the thinking might be to play him on Friday night rather than play today and make his return on a 5 day break.

i thought i heard hamstring, but nothing to back that up...

Should probably wait for the Sandy game today, but on the surface it seems pretty simple for me

Out: Garland Davey

In: Jones Frawley

Apparently Davey's a good chance for the cats. That probably leaves Frawley/Carroll/Petterd for Garland. At least.

Wona had a shocker, so maybe Wona out for Jones. Don't know they'll rush Jones back though; several weeks with Sandy will help him heaps, not just 1.

Apparently Davey's a good chance for the cats. That probably leaves Frawley/Carroll/Petterd for Garland. At least.

Wona had a shocker, so maybe Wona out for Jones. Don't know they'll rush Jones back though; several weeks with Sandy will help him heaps, not just 1.

Jones has a back injury incurred when playing Freo. It worsened on the long flight home. It didn't improve and he played in considerable pain versus NM.

Guest unstable punt
Have to agree with those ins. Although Carroll would have to be in the mix. Just depends if they want to throw Frawley to the wolves.

FWIW I don't rate Frawley.

the kids 19 and he's already not rated :wacko:

Hopefully, their selection will attract thousands of additional fans to the game to show their appreciation.

You think?

Each week I get really excited about heading along to watch the likes of Maric, Morton, Valenti, Wona, etc, at the moment thats what keeps me happily coming back week in week out.

Seeing Yze & White run around in any role at all, let alone a ceremonial one, doesnt interest me in the slightest.

I go every week regardless, if I was umming and arring though and say Jack Grimes was debuting I'd do everything to be there, whereas if blokes like Yze & White were running around at the expense of youngsters, which will be the case whenever they play, then I'd probably be indifferent to missing the match.

Ive shown more than enough appreciation of Yze and White over the last 10+ years. Farewell games are for once in a decade players like Neitz.

I'd bring Ben Holland to be honest...

Ah yes, I was thinking the same watching on Saturday with Holland just a few seats away from me.

I thought Bailey was planning on testing out pretty much everyone in the coming weeks to see if they're worth keeping or not? Even Meesen. :unsure: Did anyone else hear that?

I'm not sure what to do with Wonaemirri after Saturday's game. He'd just come back from a week off and I'd hate for him to have another game like that and lose confidence. First Friday night game at the G might fire him up.

Have to agree with those ins. Although Carroll would have to be in the mix. Just depends if they want to throw Frawley to the wolves.

I would rather see Carroll come in at this stage, as i don't think Frawley has enough confidance just jet. I think he has a good future but just now, slowly slowly.

I would like for Jones to have another week @ Sandy just for some respite from the Dees for another week. He's only 20 or so & has way too much pressure on him too soon. Don't worry, I'm don't want to make him soft, but just a release from the burdon of thinking, "it's all up to me sort of mindset".

So my alternatives for a week or so would be Carroll & Yze?

Ah yes, I was thinking the same watching on Saturday with Holland just a few seats away from me.

I thought Bailey was planning on testing out pretty much everyone in the coming weeks to see if they're worth keeping or not? Even Meesen. :unsure: Did anyone else hear that?

I'm not sure what to do with Wonaemirri after Saturday's game. He'd just come back from a week off and I'd hate for him to have another game like that and lose confidence. First Friday night game at the G might fire him up.

Holland could possibly come in for Martin, I think it would be good for Martin to play in a finals series & Sandy are there abouts. He's allready on five games or so, & won't be elligible if plays too many more.

wtf frawley has been in the best for sandy for the last 3-4 weeks should be in a conclusion in CHB where he suited! you guys got no clue sometime!

in frawley jones

out garland davey

[censored] easy as!

He's 19, and will be a fantastic acquisition for Melbourne over the years to come. How can you base that on a handful of games!? FWIW its too early to make calls on a 19 year old who is no where near fully developed.

I've been a great wrap for the club's youth policy and it will clearly reap great dividends for the club's future.

In: Carroll, White, Yze

Out: the 2 injured players and Aussie for a bit of confidence building at Sandy.

Can't see them getting a game yet. Jamar and Johnson both played well. White no chance. Yze slim chance at best. Try Round 22.

Agree. Petterd maybe a show this week against the Cats.

I'd love to fit Juice in there but I doubt he'll be back so soon. Who knows, a small forwardline could work against the Cats?

Juice needs more....................juice! And a touch of testosterone.

You think?

Seeing Yze & White run around in any role at all, let alone a ceremonial one, doesnt interest me in the slightest.

I go every week regardless, if I was umming and arring though and say Jack Grimes was debuting I'd do everything to be there, whereas if blokes like Yze & White were running around at the expense of youngsters, which will be the case whenever they play, then I'd probably be indifferent to missing the match.

Ive shown more than enough appreciation of Yze and White over the last 10+ years. Farewell games are for once in a decade players like Neitz.

Agree. Although Bizzell, Pickett and Dog got send off games in the Kruezer Cup, so I guess White and Yze should get it.

Bails tends to play them for 3 games at a time, I think the only one he hasn't is Newts after round 1, I'll stand corrected.

I reckon the "confidence" line used is highly over rated. They are kids, they have natural confidence and won't loose it after a couple of ave games, especially with Yoda talking them up privately.

I think it would be fantastic for the Club to, on our 150th birthday, go all out for a victory against the top-of-the-ladder Cats in our only Night game of the year. Bring in Adem Yze, Ben Holland and Jeff White and possibly Nathan Carroll for their last ever games for the Melbourne Football Club. This should be their send-off. Bring in Nathan Jones only if he's played well this week at Sandringham.

OUT A. Davey (Ankle) C. Garland (Hamstring) D. Bell (Omitted) S. Martin (Omitted)

IN J. White A. Yze B. Holland N. Carroll

That's in order of who I'd like to see play. It would be a good marketing tactic to get supporters along to one of our only blockbuster games this year. And their inclusion may give us some chance of a win, something that would give the younger guys a great boost.

I'd go with three ruckmen in order to stretch Geelong's comparitively weak ruck division, while the inclusion of Yze and Holland will give us more forward firepower, something we'll need against such a fantastic back-line. Finally, Martin's been in the side for a number of weeks now and after a relatively poor week, should return to Sandringham to consolidate what he's learned. This opens up a spot for the in-form Nathan Carroll.

However, I could see Bailey neglecting to include Carroll in favour of adding to our midfield depth with the inclusion of Nathan Jones. If Aaron Davey pulls up alright, as some have suggested he may, I'd consider dropping Clint Bartram and playing Brad Green loose in the backline.

Ben Holland? NOOOO

Sure this guy has heart etc, but he is an impersonator of a football, is way too slow. I can only think in horror watching the Geelong defence run in waves out of our attack with the mekano man 15 metres behind.

OUT: Garland

IN: Frawley