Would you barrack for the Tassie Devils?

Chook

What Would You Do?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsid=64199

If worst comes to worst and we have a choice between relocating to Tasmania or folding all together, what would you do?

I personally would only keep caring about the game if we kept our jumper and played every Melbourne team at the MCG every year. If this didn't happen, sure I might watch an occasional game, but without having the Red and Blue to care about, I'm sure I'd slowly lose interest.

Guest melbman

If Tassie wants an AFL team then the best way would be for them to support thugby then sit back and watch the AFL change tack

Politicians give more to marginal seats and as far as AFL and Tassie goes it ain't marginal

No, I highly doubt it, if they are not the Melbourne demons I'm not that interested, if we merged with say north and were the north melbourne demons, more interested, but interstate team, nope!

Would prob go to games with my mates to watch other teams, whether I'd start following them is another matter.

No, I highly doubt it, if they are not the Melbourne demons I'm not that interested, if we merged with say north and were the north melbourne demons, more interested, but interstate team, nope!

Would prob go to games with my mates to watch other teams, whether I'd start following them is another matter.

More likely the Melbourne Kangaroos, and I would be part of this merger, but first we need to stick with Jimmy, and let them have a go and fixing the club over the next few years.

It would kill me if they folded or moved to Tassie (nothing against Tassie, I would just never go there)

I already follow other sports closely, so It would be a piece of cake for me to switch off watching AFL for the rest of my known life.

If they take away my Demons, the AFL can forget me ever buying a ticket to any games ever again.

No Melbourne ?? think I'd take up knitting !! Too long red and blue to ever want to support another team.. always had a bit of a soft spot for Sainters... but not enough to turn..

Its Demons or Dust for me :)

Melbourne Demons

MCG

Red Blue

That or nothing else. If MFC ever disappear, merge or relocate, a big part of my life will disappear forever. And I will not be holding back on anyone who even contemplates any those three things. And that includes those this thread.

Please do not say you will follow any sort of these "teams." You will only break my heart.

Don't even want to entertain the thought of a world without the Melbourne Demons!

I will be turning 30 this week and I have not been on this rollercoaster for that long to watch it be taken down before I get to the big dipper!!!

Screw that!! :angry:

http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsid=64199

If worst comes to worst and we have a choice between relocating to Tasmania or folding all together, what would you do?

I personally would only keep caring about the game if we kept our jumper and played every Melbourne team at the MCG every year. If this didn't happen, sure I might watch an occasional game, but without having the Red and Blue to care about, I'm sure I'd slowly lose interest.

Easy one for me - I won't follow any team . I'll just be a casual/interested observer of the code.

Wouldn't & couldn't support another team. For decades I have given my heart and soul (and my hard earned money) to the Mighty Demons, so there is no way I could jump ship and support another team in any form.

Love my footy, so would still watch the sport.

Maybe if there was no MFC, then my hair would grow back and my blood pressure would lower back to normal levels!

Keep fighting MFC.

Its the Melbourne Demons at our beloved MCG or bust for me. I LOVE the Red & Blue, nothing else will do!

:angry:

We are Melbourne. We invented the bloody game.

What we need - and I think Jimmy will do it - is a better draw from the AFL next year (I never went to Church that often on a Sunday). Don't forget, it was only a few years ago, we were the 3rd largest drawing team at the G.

More acknowledgment and assistance from the MCC and while I know there is plenty of passion on this forum, we need more fire in the belly from those whose hearts really do beat true.

In all honesty I would probably follow a merged team. But not with the smae passion, and I would fight tooth and nail not too. Even if it meant the combined team was bigger than Collingwood or West Coast (which it wouldn't) I would find it hard to take joy in a win. There is something to be said for following the underdogs, just makes those victories all the more sweet. And a Premiership, well that would be something.

Sorry Jaded, but I've found a new love.

[censored], Pamela Anderson has had longer marriages than that! :lol:

I've thought about this question some more (sitting in traffic makes you do that), and it occurred to me that while I do love the game itself, if my club died I couldn't possibly support it.

I'd resent, make that hate, the AFL for letting my club die and I would not want to support the competition that did not support my team. So you know what, I agree with whoever said that if there's no MFC the whole AFL might as well go up in flames for all I care (especially the clowns in charge).

As long as a good proportion of our playing lists goes too, then I would jump aboard no probs. The colours, the name, the home ground... all means very little to me really. It's the group of players that I like to follow and watch evolve, so I would follow a relocated Melbourne side in a heartbeat.

On top of that, I truly believe a Tasmanian side is well overdue. If tiny back waters towns in USA can have NFL sides, then Tassie can have a AFL side. If their government is behind it and it can gather statewide support (not Hobart vs. Launceston) then it should flourish.

Hopefully the issue is a dead one any way, and the new administration can see us get back some long term financial security.

I have said this Before. I Barrack for the Melbourne Demons. QED The idea of the Melbourne Kangaroos or a re-located Tassie Demons team is not on. And i despise anyone here who decides to weaken and support an AFL Directive.

Last Year $780 Million was put on the Table for TV Rights.No Club in this Comp should ever have to Merge. It Disgusts me. Take a look at this years weighted Draw. As Midnight Oil said 25 years ago "The Rich get Richer, The Poor get the Picture" The Melbourne Demons will not Die!!!

I have said this Before. I Barrack for the Melbourne Demons. QED The idea of the Melbourne Kangaroos or a re-located Tassie Demons team is not on. And i despise anyone here who decides to weaken and support an AFL Directive.

Last Year $780 Million was put on the Table for TV Rights.No Club in this Comp should ever have to Merge. It Disgusts me. Take a look at this years weighted Draw. As Midnight Oil said 25 years ago "The Rich get Richer, The Poor get the Picture" The Melbourne Demons will not Die!!!

Well said WYL

Ahhhh Midnight Oil....good example. Totally agree with you and I feel and share your emotion! :rolleyes:

This question is academic:

-Aug 08 - debt demolished

-2009 onwards - post a profit

-Sep 2014 - Deano and Brock hold premiership cup up.

In the interests of study however, my whole family supports Melbourne. I've been going my whole life. They are part of my soul. If they relocate/merge/fold I'll go to the soccer.