Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Fremantle



dees189227

Round 17 Non MFC Games

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

1. My comment about 'fairy tale team' meant biggest improvement not finals.   

If you really doubt the prime time fta slots are not based on supporter numbers go back and look at the prime fta games for Pies, Ess, Carlton, Rich for the last 3 years when they were all crap.

2.  I meant when matches are played not who is playing.  Ch7 has the choice broadcast picks - Foxtel had to lobby hard to get some of the better games into their monopoly time slots in the most recent broadcast agreement.

My posts weren't 'rubbish' nor was I being critical of your posts - simply presenting some information to shed light on what seemed illogical.  Feel free to believe what you want.

Anyway, that is it from me on this subject.  Don't wish to derail thread further.

Apologies for being unnecessarily dismissive

1. No one expected them to improve at all is my recollection. Most had them pegged as wooden spoons or thereabouts. They don't have the cattle so improvement was never going to happen. In fact they have gone backwards.  The AFL would have known this was a likely scenario.

I can't recall Ess, Tigers or Pies getting an unusually high number of prime FTA games in the last few years but might be wrong. But it wouldn't surprise me as the AFL determine the draw and as i have been at pains to say have their own agenda and rationale for choosing low rating Vic sides. I suspect it is to ensure they remain strong barbecue it is critical to the survival of the AFL. All channel 7 would care about is having games that rate well and they have a surfeit of evidence in the last few years that carlton don't rate  and fans don't watch boring games between bottom of the table sides.

2. I agree  - and have said a number of times - that Foxtel and Channel 7 influence when games are scheduled. 

Edited by binman
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MT64 said:

Poll done by a Sydney company??? If those figures are correct how come Melbourne's figure is so high with average attendances (take out the Alice and Darwin). I think 4th or 5th currently.  Does not make sense.

remember it's supporters not active followers. Most people have a team even if they don't attend or even watch the football.

So you can say we are good at getting the maximum out of the supporter base in the sense of attendance and membership but the downside is that our pool for growth is limited

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

remember it's supporters not active followers. Most people have a team even if they don't attend or even watch the football.

So you can say we are good at getting the maximum out of the supporter base in the sense of attendance and membership but the downside is that our pool for growth is limited

The only figure that matters for broadcasters is ratings. And they are down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All my Carlton mates (there's two of them) are disgusted by their team and stopped watching them long ago.

Saints by WGAF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just listening to sen about channel 7s cricket coverage. Apparently they are using their influencer to get CA to have aus play Zimbabwe in tbe upcoming test series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Crows rolling the Cats on Thursday night would be the perfect start to the round.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Channel 7 have paid a fortune for the Broadcast rights. They have influence. 

They have stuffed up very badly this year. 

Ive been telling people for years Channel 7 have all the say. 2 billion reasons why they have all the say, wake up those who dont believe so.

Carlton are Channel 7's love child.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very simple. Someone in a position of influence at Channel 7 is a Blues supporter. Has been sh!tting himself watching his club play out a slow motion extinction ... thinks SURELY this is the year they put it together ... gotta do it for the boys. Get them on Fridee nights ... they need all the help they can get ... gotta do it for the team. Screw the AFL and their "earning it" bullsh!t. This is CARLTON we're talking about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weitering looking more and more like a bust for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Weitering looking more and more like a bust for them.

Never pick a backman as no1. The best kids play forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

it's weird to see how quickly he's been made to look very, very poor

Tjeres more than just him it’s happening to. Something smells at that club... how many of the young ones will look to leave in the next couple of years?

Bolton will be lucky to survive a 1 win season you’d think.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints are slashing ticket prices to attract AFL fanatics for Friday night’s blockbuster during a sale period commencing tomorrow morning.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Adult tickets down to $13 from $25 and if you prefer level 2 behind the goals you’ll be $45 out of pocket instead of $75. 

Please note: I didn’t make this up.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, McQueen said:

Tjeres more than just him it’s happening to. Something smells at that club... how many of the young ones will look to leave in the next couple of year

Bolton will be lucky to survive a 1 win season you’d think.

Two wins in 25 games ... more than a season's worth.

Over 2 years since they've cracked 100 points.

Some junior talents going backwards, others getting bashed and worn out.

It's out-Neelding Neeld. But they think they're on the right track.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Two wins in 25 games ... more than a season's worth.

Over 2 years since they've cracked 100 points.

Some junior talents going backwards, others getting bashed and worn out.

It's out-Neelding Neeld. But they think they're on the right track.

Not wrong. Even Bolton’s post match pressers are getting to a Neeld level cringe-factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Two wins in 25 games ... more than a season's worth.

Over 2 years since they've cracked 100 points.

Some junior talents going backwards, others getting bashed and worn out.

It's out-Neelding Neeld. But they think they're on the right track.

And they most certainly are....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, McQueen said:

Tjeres more than just him it’s happening to. Something smells at that club... how many of the young ones will look to leave in the next couple of years?

Bolton will be lucky to survive a 1 win season you’d think.

Yes, something smells:  Football Manager leaving ('fall guy');  President won't do interviews atm;  CEO has categorically rejected asking for a priority pick (but have the media lobbying for them);  Harry McKay can't get a game and they are spinning an 'official line' why; some players selected but injured or like Cripps all beaten up; coach with no game plan and keeps changing his tune after every loss. 

And they play 'bruise free' football...had to get that line in somewhere 🤤

Not all on the same page, I suspect.  They are a mess.  Entirely of their own making.  While draft recruits look pretty good their player development and trading in/out have failed miserably.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Yes, something smells:  Football Manager leaving ('fall guy');  President won't do interviews atm;  CEO has categorically rejected asking for a priority pick (but have the media lobbying for them);  Harry McKay can't get a game and they are spinning an 'official line' why; some players selected but injured or like Cripps all beaten up; coach with no game plan and keeps changing his tune after every loss. 

And they play 'bruise free' football...had to get that line in somewhere 🤤

Not all on the same page, I suspect.  They are a mess.  Entirely of their own making.  While draft recruits look pretty good their player development and trading in/out have failed miserably.

Such a beautiful thing. May it flourish for years. 

The arrogance of Carlscum over 35 odd years will never be forgotten

Die Slowly

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Such a beautiful thing. May it flourish for years. 

The arrogance of Carlscum over 35 odd years will never be forgotten

Die Slowly

amen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daisycutter said:

amen

The AFL allowing Chris Judd to be a Visy Employee was their last gasp at arrogance. 

They know no other way....

pure [censored]

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The AFL allowing Chris Judd to be a Visy Employee was their last gasp at arrogance. 

They know no other way....

pure [censored]

Pavlich was a Woodside employee. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Pavlich was a Woodside employee. 

Not suprised. There had to be a reason why he remained a Shocker so long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The AFL allowing Chris Judd to be a Visy Employee was their last gasp at arrogance. 

They know no other way....

pure [censored]

 Speaking of arrogance I cant wait for Tom Elliott to be their next president !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, puntkick said:

 Speaking of arrogance I cant wait for Tom Elliott to be their next president !

That hack journalist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

That hack journalist?

Ably qualified

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×