• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bailey the winner according to Hutchie

Guest Peter Griffin

Guest MFC4Life

We're mad if we don't take Sheedy, simply mad. An example of why this football club been mired in mediocrity for nearly 5 decades!!!!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that I don't really know anything about Bailey- not many of us do. We have been able to read a bit from the Port Adelaide website and that is about it.......

I'm with you MFC4Life - I feel shattered that we haven't grabbed the opportunity to obtain the services of an ICON! I just hope to God it isn't true. Hutchy doesn't like to admit it, but he doesn't know everything.

Please give it to sheeds!!!!

I think we should all start attacking the club before we know the decision... :rolleyes:

FFS, there is so much speculation that every hour someone else is apperantly the chosen one.

Let's wait till Monday/Tuesday and then we can start hurling abuse at the club.

For what it's worth, I don't think Sheedy is going to be our coach for a whole host of reasons.

And remember, Clarkson and Laidley and Roos were all unknown when they took over as senior coaches. One has since won a flag, while all 3 have their teams in the finals this season.

We're mad if we don't take Sheedy, simply mad. An example of why this football club been mired in mediocrity for nearly 5 decades!!!!!!!

Hmmm, in the year 2007 we are presented with 5 prospective coaches, we choose the one that has proven himself a more capable modern day coach then the others according to a well-established criteria, and this process can be related to not having won a premiership in 43 years.

I can see the split in a couple of years; if we do poorly under Bailey then we are a basketcase for not taking Sheeds, if we do poorly under Sheeds we got sucked in by his profile and should've taken Bailey . . .

Hmmm, in the year 2007 we are presented with 5 prospective coaches, we choose the one that has proven himself a more capable modern day coach then the others according to a well-established criteria, and this process can be related to not having won a premiership in 43 years.

I can see the split in a couple of years; if we do poorly under Bailey then we are a basketcase for not taking Sheeds, if we do poorly under Sheeds we got sucked in by his profile and should've taken Bailey . . .

Disaster.

this may seem strange.... but

if it is sheedy to be coach i would be happy

but if sheedy isnt picked i say suffer in ur jocks to him ;) never liked him he is a tool

but he could do good things at the mfc...

but if bailey has done well enough to impress the panel over sheeds welll im happy for him

Don't read too much into it, Hutchy said he'd be lying if he said he knew who was chosen.

However I wouldn't be upset if Bailey was the chosen one. I didn't know anything about him either but after reading the article on the AFL site posted a few weeks back he opened my eyes.

Either way whatever Melbourne does it will be a bold move, sure it's a bold move to appoint Sheedy but it's probably even bolder to overlook him for someone that has come out on top of the coaching process.

FFS, there is so much speculation that every hour someone else is apperantly the chosen one.

Too right Jaded.

This just in.....................Chuck Norris has stated he would like to lead the Dees forward from '08, Gardner and Harris cannot believe there luck and have just left the board meeting heading straight for the US to put pen to paper. More news when it is at hand.

Sheedy is a great opportunity. But he is not a long term prospect at 59 years old.

Perhaps those involved believed that the current list were not capale of winning a premiership in the next three years so have chosen a fresh coach to build a fresh team as oppose to providing an experienced coach to take the team to the next level still believing the top 4 capabilities predicted at the start of the year.

Garry Lyon did write an article a few weeks ago suggesting the current list did not have a premiersip window.

Too right Jaded.

This just in.....................Chuck Norris has stated he would like to lead the Dees forward from '08, Gardner and Harris cannot believe there luck and have just left the board meeting heading straight for the US to put pen to paper. More news when it is at hand.

with mr T as our tackling coach

I think we should all start attacking the club before we know the decision... :rolleyes:

Let's wait till Monday/Tuesday and then we can start hurling abuse at the club.

For what it's worth, I don't think Sheedy is going to be our coach for a whole host of reasons.

And remember, Clarkson and Laidley and Roos were all unknown when they took over as senior coaches. One has since won a flag, while all 3 have their teams in the finals this season.

Would hardly say Roos was an unknown. I know what you mean he wasn't a senior coach, but he was a champion player of 350 games at two clubs under many great coaches.

Obviously I don't know who our next Coach will be, but there is one thing I am confident about, if it is not Sheedy our record membership will drop and our perilous financial position will not improve at least in the short term. Sheedy would attract members and sponsors. The club would gain enormous PR. I know that is not the reason to appoint a Coach but he is the only (multiple) premiership coach in the group and if he failed say after two years he could be replaced and we could be in a strong financial position. If one of the others failed it could be a disaster on and off the field.

Guest unstable punt
Don't read too much into it, Hutchy said he'd be lying if he said he knew who was chosen.

However I wouldn't be upset if Bailey was the chosen one. I didn't know anything about him either but after reading the article on the AFL site posted a few weeks back he opened my eyes.

Either way whatever Melbourne does it will be a bold move, sure it's a bold move to appoint Sheedy but it's probably even bolder to overlook him for someone that has come out on top of the coaching process.

its all speculation, everyone is guessing, just like us

On the Saints fan site there is a poster who says that is Bailey......

And that he (she) got that information directly from a Melbourne board member this evening.

Frankly if that is true (and that is a big "if") I would find that fairly disappointing.

That a board member would walk out of a meeting as important as that and open his (her) mouth immediately.

But I think after all the speculation and guess work that has been going on I will just sit patiently and wait for the announcement.

Long time observer first time poster...

Why is everybody so disappointed with Dean Bailey (if indeed he has got the job)? I admit, Sheedy was, and remains, my first choice, but this guy was a definite second, with daylight between him and Hardwick and Riley, and then a scandinavian summer's daylight between those two and Connolly.

Bailey is a sharp, sharp man. I've heard him on radio, and seen him interviewed on TV now that I think about it, several times. This bloke is not your average, nuff-nuff assistant who trots out the same cliches every quarter to explain how the game is unfolding; he is a genuinely intelligent, footy-smart fella. He doesn't see 'we're not getting our hands on the pill'... he sees WHY we're not getting our hands on the pill. I think once you hear him speak a few times you'll agree (touch wood). This is only half the equation, of course.

Most coaches are HIRED totally on the basis of their football intelligence. The other factor that needs to be taken into account is the ability to motivate people (be it a friendly gee-up or a flat out bomb under the jacksie). Of course, it's tough to see this in an assistant, so we'll have to reserve judgement. However, listening to him speak, I feel confident that at the very least, he won't make the mistake that Daniher did, in becoming best buddies with the playing group. Players like Bruce, Green and ESPECIALLY TJ don't need a friend. They need someone who'll kick them up the ass.

So, I'll reiterate that, like many of you, Sheedy is my first preference. If it's going to be one of the other blokes, however, I'll be very happy if it's Dean Bailey. Even if you're so passionately pro-Sheedy that you can only, for the life of you, see what might have been, at least you can take some comfort from one thing; At least it's not f*****g Connolly :lol:

hmm according to the aged..yesterday 'twas Hardwick...today is Bailey.. who knows who it will be come Monday !! lol

Guest unstable punt
LOL, Hutchie is a sloth

Bloke has no idea

Move along people...

all the reports this morning are that Bailey has got the job, l tell he must be good but who knows, its gunna being interesting

It's been a 100 hour process.

I'm sick of all the whinging.

Whoever is chosen, MUST get our full support. If members walk away because we didn't pick up Sheedy, then please do us all a favor and don't come back. FFS, if Bailey impressed more than Sheedy, why not stop and ask why Sheedy didn't get the job before having a crack at Bailey. I want the best available coach, not an icon.

I guess all you 'Sheedy must coach' people all wear Brand name clothes and never try new local designers.

Makes me sick how negative people can be around here.

A lot of smart people want Bailey. And personally, if it's true, I'm delighted as he's my preferred candidate.

I'll back the 'process' and those smart people over the originator of this thread.

It's been a 100 hour process.

I'm sick of all the whinging.

Whoever is chosen, MUST get our full support. If members walk away because we didn't pick up Sheedy, then please do us all a favor and don't come back. FFS, if Bailey impressed more than Sheedy, why not stop and ask why Sheedy didn't get the job before having a crack at Bailey. I want the best available coach, not an icon.

I guess all you 'Sheedy must coach' people all wear Brand name clothes and never try new local designers.

Good post Twinkies.

I cant believe the pile of uninformed tripe that has been served up by people on this site allegedly "in the know" or have fixed or firm views on who would be the best coach here. They are all so far from the where true analysis is done it not funny.

But saying that if it is Bailey....welcome to the greatest and oldest club in Australia. I hope you bring many changes and much success to us.