INs and OUTs vs. bombers

Madness

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming Neitz is out (we all know their resting him for 2 weeks so he can play his 300th in Melbourne):

In - Chris Johnson (unfortunetly as I don't rate him), Newton,

Out - Yze (inj) Frawley (needs some solid game time at Sandy)

Whelan's probably injured (whats new), Dunn could possibly come in, Pickett needs 2 more chances and thats it.

IN: Newton, CJ, Buckley, Dunn, Garland and Whelan.

Out: Yze, Holland, Ward, Pickett, Bizzell and Godders.

The last two are stiff, but it isn't about winning and losing in 07 anymore its about 08 and beyond.

Dropping Frawley is madness.

The idea now is to play anyone and everyone who is developing and who will be part of our future. Frawley is a huge part of that.

Play him on Lucas, if he gets smashed, play him on someone else. That is what development is all about.

You can't leave Holland in the side (who will he play on anyways?), and drop Frawley, it is seriously crazy!

In: Newton, CJ, Buckley, Wheels, Dunn/Miller

Out: Yze, Pickett (still not fit), Holland, Ward, Godfrey (I love him, but his disposal is unacceptable)

It is a lot of changes, but we just lost to Richmond and heads need to roll. I'd love to see Daniher drop a big name player for a week, just to send a really strong message, but he won't.

Newton better play, is all I'm going to say!

Out: All the ones that don't provide a future.

In: All the ones that do, to show us what they've got.

CJ for Ward

Buckley for Pickett

Dunn for Yze

Newton for Holland

Garland/Whelan for Bizzell/Godfrey

Our season is over. What do we have to lose?

Dropping Frawley is madness.

Some would argue yes, others like me would argue that the kid's been running around like a headless chook for 2 or 3 weeks and needs a reality check for Sandy for a couple of weeks. Then he returns. He hasn't been terrible but needs a confidence booster for Sandy.

Some would argue yes, others like me would argue that the kid's been running around like a headless chook for 2 or 3 weeks and needs a reality check for Sandy for a couple of weeks. Then he returns. He hasn't been terrible but needs a confidence booster for Sandy.

I'm sure he'll enjoy being dropped after his side got panted by Richmond, and the entire senior playing group did nothing.

They are the ones who need a reality check! <_<

The reason he's been running around aimlessly, is because he hasn't been given a proper job yet.

Daniher needs to bite the bullet and give him a job on a big name player, where all he is required to do is stop his man from kicking goals.

He played as a decoy forward on Friday FFS, how is he meant to get into a game when playing so hopelessly out of position?

Our season is gone, finished, done... if he is going to run around like a headless chook, better do it now, and be ready to step up next season.

I'm sure he'll enjoy being dropped after his side got panted by Richmond, and the entire senior playing group did nothing.

I'm an advocate for persisting with blokes like Ward, Brown, Godfery, Holland, Yze, and Pickett

EDIT - ** Poster thinks he may have gone too far with above comment **

I'm an advocate for persisting with blokes like Ward, Brown, Godfery, Holland, Yze, and Pickett

EDIT - ** Poster thinks he may have gone too far with above comment **

Why? Ward's desicion making and disposall in awful and he doesn't man up at the best of times.

Brown: see Ward.

Godfrey: cant kick, simply he either makes the man stop and prop or turns it over, on the rare occasion he has a day out like v the pies.

when Bartram is fit next year we will not need him.

Holland: A week to week proposition, should not play v dons

Yze: really needs to regain form and touch, needs to bend over and pick up the ball, his first 5 mins v tigers was good, did 2 chases and tried to tackle.

Pickett: well his form has been terrible, really seems to have either lost interest or just cant physically will himself to the contest.

these players are not really going to form the foundation of a succesful side, pickett and yze if fit and in form defiantly offer something to the club, but sadly neither have the form at the moment.

Players like Godfrey and Holland, both in our best on Friday night, continually give 100% each and every week. To drop both or indeed either of them this week would be madness. Why not drop blokes that dont seem to be giving a stuff or look disinterested out there some days (I wont name names but we all know who our terribly inconsistent players are, don't we Cameron, Brad, Russell and Aaron).

The reason he's been running around aimlessly, is because he hasn't been given a proper job yet.

Daniher needs to bite the bullet and give him a job on a big name player, where all he is required to do is stop his man from kicking goals.

He played as a decoy forward on Friday FFS, how is he meant to get into a game when playing so hopelessly out of position?

I thought he should have been left out of the Richmond game to play a full game at Sandringham. What you've said is exactly right though for this week and to drop him now would be disgraceful as it would give the impression (unfairly) that he is being made a scapegoat, probably along with another 3-4 others plus Yze.

What concerns me is that he'll be left on the bench for a quarter and a half then brought onto Lucas or Lloyd to be smashed. I couldn't agree more that he could do a job on someone like Scott Welsh IF he's given the whole game to have a go at it.

For my ins and outs assuming TJ and Neitz are still out:

OUT:

Yze (inj), Pickett (unbelievably disappointing) and Ward (nowhere near our worst Friday night but I've just had enough and at least three have to be dropped)

IN:

Newton (no comment needed), Dunn (with Dunn and Sylvia to play rotating HFF/Midfielders) and Whelan (still our best small defender)

i couldn't care what the changes are this week just as long as newton gets a gig ill be happpy

i've had it 2. just wanna go watch the kids n hopefully pick up a extra pick at the end of the year.

don't really want to watch the likes of ward, godfrey, brown when winning doesn't mean squat.

i've had it 2. just wanna go watch the kids n hopefully pick up a extra pick at the end of the year.

we can't get extra pick can we? i thought they changed the rules to no more than 5 games in 2 consecutive seasons.

might be wrong though.

I an d many others have advocated changes for a long while now. But it still needs to be done with some management and common sense ( well maybe we can just have the management bit ).

Wholesale changes wont help anyone. I would be inclined to work out a list of those really likely to do something...and those we just want a bit of a squiz at under fire.

This week id make just the two basic chanages.. Ooze for Juice...and despite not doing all together a bad job, Bizzel for Whelan.

Play this week, see how we all went, then revisit the list.

Id leave Byron in for the moment, but he's a likely the next week if not performing.

as an addendum..

Is Whelan fit for selection this week ?

IN: Newton, CJ, Buckley, Dunn, Garland and Whelan.

Out: Yze, Holland, Ward, Pickett, Bizzell and Godders.

The last two are stiff, but it isn't about winning and losing in 07 anymore its about 08 and beyond.

Agree Graz. We need to see what the future gives. The current list of outs are just about finished in AFL terms.

B: Bell Carroll Whelan

HB: Bizzell Bruce Ward

C: Green McLean Wheatley

HF: Sylvia Bate Davey

F: Petterd Robertson Holland

Foll: White McDonald

Rov: Jones

I/c: Godfrey, P.Johnson, Newton, Pickett

Emerg: Brown, Warnock, Dunn

In: Whelan, Newton

Out: Yze (inj) Frawley

we can't get extra pick can we? i thought they changed the rules to no more than 5 games in 2 consecutive seasons.

might be wrong though.

After going to Sandy on the weekend i would also bring in the kids. The best news is that they actually deserve it. All four of my ins played well for the zebs

Assuming Neitz is out i would go with

INS: Newton, Buckley, CJ and Dunn

Out: Yze (injured) Holland (injured? no match up) Ward (unlucky but time for those that should not be on the list next year to make way, give Petterd what ever role was planned for Ward) and Frawley (has played 1 full game all year, needs to play an entire game, can't be expected to cope at senior level week after week with his disruptive preparation).

On Godfrey- I think he should be on the list next year. Has returned to some incredible stopping roles. The hardest most dedicated player on the list and although his disposal is not flash, it is not as bad as some on here make it out to be.

I would be tempted to give the Lucas job either to Bruce or even to Dunn.

might be wrong though.

If Carlton win 1 more game, then we are eligible for an extra pick along with Richmond if we both finish where we are now...

If Carlton win 1 more game, then we are eligible for an extra pick along with Richmond if we both finish where we are now...

If ?? they play us dont they !! lol..twice even...

Ah well pick 17 might come in handy come trade week

Out: All the ones that don't provide a future.

In: All the ones that do, to show us what they've got.

CJ for Ward

Buckley for Pickett

Dunn for Yze

Newton for Holland

Garland/Whelan for Bizzell/Godfrey

Our season is over. What do we have to lose?

Good post.

I'd rearrange it slightly so that Whelan was in for Pickett, with Buckley missing out for now (or competing with CJ for the spot currently taken by Ward)

I wouldn't drop Godfrey though (huh? did I say that?) because frankly, even though his disposal was terrible last week, it was noticable that he was one of the few people really working at it. Getting him back to tagging dammit, he shouldn't be doing Green/Bruce/Pickett's job!

I don't know enough about Garland to comment, but Bizzell seemed to be doing ok. Garland is a bigger body though, yes? More of a true KPP/Gorilla minder. It might be a good idea to bring him in if Holland is going out.

So, I think I'm with you on this.

Above all else, I will be absolutely furious if there are players out there who are playing through (aggravating) injury when the only thing at stake anymore is the coaches job.

My team would be as below

Whelan Carroll Biz

Buckley Frawley Bell

Sylvia Mclean Green

Bruce Bate Robbo

Davey Neitz Newton

White McDonald Jones

PJ Petterd Pickett Wheatley

In Newton, Buckley, Whelan, Neitz

Out Ward, Holland, Yze, Godfrey

No tag this week Godfrey isn't required