Christian Petracca

4 minutes ago, Kit Walker said:

I follow a lot of English/European soccer - star players are untouchable until they're not. Irreconcilable differences are irreconcilable until they're fixed. Which pragmatically they usually are.

I don't want Petracca to leave but if he forces the issue, the club has an incredibly strong hand with a 5 year contract and a competition top 5 player in the mix. I can't see how there is a conversation with anyone other than Carlton based on information currently available but see how the dust settles over the next few weeks 

We should loan Trac out to Norf next year. Just the slap in the face he needs, 

He will be back in the fold soon after. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He wants multiple flags, wants to be a hall of famer with the record to match. He's said it before, I reckon he sees the writing on the wall at Melbourne we missed our chance at a dynasty, haven't won a final since the flag, missed finals altogether this year, key personnel have left/retired or are another year older, our already meagre crowds have dwindled and he wants to move to a big club that can win more flags in the few years before he retires.

Personally I think that's the main issue, the other stuff is all just rationalising his decision to the club.

Looking at the average AFL career he’s lucky he is to have won ONE premiership. 

Nathan Jones is one example, he gave everything to the club and played the 2018 finals series but missed the premiership that he helped build.

It’s very disappointing that the reported reasons for Trac wanting to leave are mostly selfish.  I had thought better of him. It’s not good to see that all the talk about loving the club only lasted as long as everything was going his way. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

7 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The Club needs new personnel upstairs and the Football Department 

But we cannot trade Tracc on a 7 year deal for McKay. 
That is capitulation 

It has to dig in and remain strong. Fix the problems….

It's also nonsense. The midfield is what we need to rebuild. We have two young, emerging forwards but we need players who can deliver it to them.

This McKay swap yarn is rubbish. I saw it on Nine last night and was left wondering why some genius like Matthew Lloyd could not work out its list management implications. 

Sam McLure, Carlton fanboy, has a fever dream is my summation.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

The club have said no trade (and a fair trade is highly unlikely anyways). It’s the only stance that makes sense.

Trac’s leaking is torching us and the club. I don’t think it’s very smart to leave himself without a pathway back to the fold. He is being very badly advised. The long-term contract means the club holds the upper hand. I’m sure I would agree with him about a lot of the issues at the club but the way he’s gone about it demonstrates clearly a very selfish streak. He wants out and doesn’t care about damaging the club to achieve this.

He has a lot of back pedalling to do. It’s going to be interesting to see how he goes about that. I’m not even sure its tenable given how he has trashed the club.

Very interesting times.

• Like 5

Talk of McKay is rubbish, it's all one sided to Carlton as he's expendable they have Curnow, TDK and other talls.

With Petracca leaving our midfield stocks drop to being our biggest weakness (by some margin).

Bringing McKay feels similar to when we brought Chris Dawes in. 

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

8 hours ago, ChaserJ said:

I'm starting to think maybe we shouldn't be so open to trading our future first...

I seriosly doubt Oliver can regain his form. Is Petracca the only one [censored] off at the club? What are the coaching staff doing ? It is a PR disaster. The Nothing to see here crowd are very quiet this morning

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

Note 2 of the last 3 premiers have not included big name forwards, they can be won without them. It's midfield (always has been) where the quality is needed, then a strong backline.

Note despite the personnel, our midfield has been getting beaten by the top sides for a couple of years now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Any potential trade can only be done on a "to good to refuse offer" i.e Reid and a first round; as the club also needs to make a stance on honouring contracts - otherwise this will happen year after year; to the extent of other clubs actively targeting our contracted players.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 1

I may as well have my 2 bobs worth.....

To lose Christian Petracca will be devastating to the club but also to us supporters who love the way he plays.  He is a champion of the club.

I tend to agree with earlier comments from Dazzle that refer to the psychological impact and long term effects that such significant injuries bring about and the likelihood that he will never fully recover.  IF his mindset is such that he believes for mental health reasons he needs to disassociate himself from the MFC and that in doing so, that will facilitate his recovery, he leaves with my blessing and gratitude that I was able to see such a wonderful footballer don the red and blue and bring a flag to us long suffering supporters.

However, if it transpires that it is due to his desire to be a "hall of famer" and he has left us to fulfill his personal goals, that sheds a different light on the situation and how he will be viewed by MFC fans in the future.

When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution.  The undecided heart searches for an escape.  Your call Christian.

• Like 14

Seeing Collingwood supporters on Twitter suggest a straight swap for DeGoey which would be like swapping a brand new pair of Jordan 1's for a pair of slippers from KMart.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, DiscoStu17 said:

The club is always bigger than the player. I think I said that last week as well.

If the rumours are to be believed and a ‘big’ vic club is the preferred destination, it could only mean filth or blues, as surely no one is queueing up for Ess or Tiges?

Blues have a couple of players. Maybe Curnow? Surely not McKay?

Can’t see many players of interest in black-and-white. Most are are too old. Maybe Ed Allan? Could add in Maynard who would mysteriously disappear in a freak training accident?

You made me smile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You can’t explain it, can you. So you resort to the old I don’t have to explain anything to you thing.

Now Dazzledavey will applaud your post, coz Dazzledavey. Strangest bedfellows ever. 

Seriously, are you 13?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 5

8 hours ago, The Third Eye said:

Didn’t see any Geelong premiership players trying to do a runner when they missed the finals last year.

They were probably sitting on their $1 farm wondering what to do.

8 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Forgot what journo said it tonight (Sam Edmund), but they said that Connors sports are very big on keeping this kind of stuff in house and are always adamant not to publicly request trade unless certain clubs can do the deals.

It was something along those lines.

Maybe there is some legs to what @Davos said.

There was a post about how Trac asked would a trade be possible and his manager (Robbie DOrazio?) said forget it. Guess his people decided the nuclear path had to be implemented?

• Thinking 1

11 minutes ago, Old Time Demon said:

I may as well have my 2 bobs worth.....

To lose Christian Petracca will be devastating to the club but also to us supporters who love the way he plays.  He is a champion of the club.

I tend to agree with earlier comments from Dazzle that refer to the psychological impact and long term effects that such significant injuries bring about and the likelihood that he will never fully recover.  IF his mindset is such that he believes for mental health reasons he needs to disassociate himself from the MFC and that in doing so, that will facilitate his recovery, he leaves with my blessing and gratitude that I was able to see such a wonderful footballer don the red and blue and bring a flag to us long suffering supporters.

However, if it transpires that it is due to his desire to be a "hall of famer" and he has left us to fulfill his personal goals, that sheds a different light on the situation and how he will be viewed by MFC fans in the future.

When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution.  The undecided heart searches for an escape.  Your call Christian.

Lyon sum it up well … Trac has a big contract and should suck it up and be part of the solution and act as a leader to work with his premiership team mates not look to jump ship, the way he’s distanced himself an wearing a hoody over his head at the game on Friday night  and allegations of his brand growing elsewhere not confirmed .. in 21 they were selfless… I think selfish has now come in by many including him!

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, OhMyDees said:

We don’t know the full story but maybe Christian is also part of the supposed culture problem at the club?

Anything is possible at this injury prone club

• Like 1

Reading the media (alert, it’s dangerous) 

I say NO NO NO to any trade.

Trac is actually coming across as selfish and a sook. Now seemingly bagging the club who he played in a premiership for.  Wants a “big club”.  Wants to play in front of “big crowds”.  Doesn’t want to go to Casey (ok, that’s fair).  Dees have a massive year  ahead.  

We all love ❤️ 💙Trac💙❤️

But if he doesn’t love us and it’s too too painful, then … we might just say thanks 🏆

• Like 2