Oliver Trade Rumours

Oxdee

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

To be fair, they wouldn't have much of an idea of any cultural issues which might be prevalent within the board, senior admin, FD or playing group.

To be fair, do you have any idea? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BLWNBA said:

@Katrina Dee Fan unsure where your reference to "meer" has come from, but assuming it's directed me. Just thought I'd kindly remind you I've simply used your own language from this post here. 

I’m in the cheer squad, but I do other things on a voluntary basis as well. I’ve served in committees, I was involved for example with the working parties on the constitutional reforms a couple of years back, and through that got to know David Rennick. Any member can get involved in doing these things, it’s a matter of getting involved. But yes, it has afforded me the opportunity to work with and get to know people in the club. Not sure what is so hard about that to fathom. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Ollie fan said:

He didn't. He managed to include that, even though it is more than two years old ( in which time we had two top four finishes).

Correct, but isn't it also possible to have culture issues while having success? There wouldn't be many who thought the 2006 West Coast side didn't have issues.

Cultural issues can be in the eye of the beholder as it's more 'the way we do things round here' than a set guide handed out to every club. Unfortunately there have been a lot of these events now, plenty of media beat ups but a lot of factual incidents too and on balance people are probably right to be questioning our culture.

No culture is perfect though either, Simon Goodwin has said that it is an ongoing process. However I do think at some point we need to realise that not everything written about us is a scripted conspiracy. We need to improve. 

• Like 7
  • Clap 2

46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm saying the culture is not as great as the club wants to think it is. To be honest I don't really care about those other clubs but yes, the culture of Collingwood in 2017 was a disaster too. Who was CEO there at the time?

Keep your head in the sand Katrina, the club loves supporters like you who forgive every indiscretion of the club and every poor administrator we've had, supporters who clap the team off when 10 goals down at half time. I want to see a successful MFC, that doesn't happen when you sweep massive issues under the rug and don't hold those in charge to account.

Yep, sure, and the club LOOOVES "supporters" like you who slag off at everything and, as I said before, rely on rumours, defamatory statements without support...

Why do I bother going on? I'm getting really sick of this site and its unbelievably unsupportive "supporters".

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Their names are Caitlin Nobes (Media Dept) and Tamara Jade Quarmby (player sponsors).  Go ahead and ask their opinion.  I'm sure they wouldn't mind.  Given you seem skeptical.

If nothing else, at least you're being transparent and citing endorsements of the working culture at MFC HQ. It may not show fully the culture of our playing group and football department but it does count for something and can be taken into account.

There's a lot of opinions flying around at the moment but I think we need to keep this as a civil discussion. 

• Like 3

I have been posting on this site for 20+ years, and this place has never been more toxic.

Embarrassing to see this level of drivel, chest beating and pointless point scoring.

The culture at our club may not be great, but it's probably better than the culture that's creeped into this place from the same usual suspects, who think they have the right to belittle others and repeat the same rubbish over and over and over again.

The moderators do their best, but I think everyone here is an adult (or should be) and therefore should take responsibility for their own behaviours. Hiding behind a screen, does not give you the right to be a gigantic asshat. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4
  • Clap 9

59 minutes ago, djr said:

To be fair, do you have any idea? 

I have no inside knowledge or contacts but I am able to see the fallout from those cultural issues which play out publicly and are reported on. Someone trying to play down those issues which are publicly known based on people within the club saying "nothing to see here" is fanciful.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, layzie said:

Correct, but isn't it also possible to have culture issues while having success? There wouldn't be many who thought the 2006 West Coast side didn't have issues.

Cultural issues can be in the eye of the beholder as it's more 'the way we do things round here' than a set guide handed out to every club. Unfortunately there have been a lot of these events now, plenty of media beat ups but a lot of factual incidents too and on balance people are probably right to be questioning our culture.

No culture is perfect though either, Simon Goodwin has said that it is an ongoing process. However I do think at some point we need to realise that not everything written about us is a scripted conspiracy. We need to improve. 

We'll said layzie, you're often the voice of reason (and levity) around here mate, love your work 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ollie fan said:

Yep, sure, and the club LOOOVES "supporters" like you who slag off at everything and, as I said before, rely on rumours, defamatory statements without support...

Why do I bother going on? I'm getting really sick of this site and its unbelievably unsupportive "supporters".

I don't slag off at everything, I've applauded the club over recent years and backed Goodwin to the hilt during 2020 when many wanted him gone. I did waver briefly in that 2020 offseason but took a "wait and see" attitude to 2021 which worked out well. I've often had "discussions" on here with others (won't name them) who were ready to blow the place up because success didn't come along quick enough based on how the process was playing out and could see we were on the right track despite those results not coming quick enough. I've also said many times on here that this administration/coaches have the runs on the board and deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt. Well to me, those doubts are now becoming reality and the ongoing leaks and issues out of the club mean those in charge need to be held to account. Things can keep on keeping on as they are but success won't happen if that's the way we want to let things play out. When the "cultural issues" (can't say more due to DL policy) are so prevalent, when the performance dips, when key players want out of the club, when the club is consistently leaking to the media - questions need to be asked about the current administration and leadership.

It's laughable to say I'm the kind of supporter who is negative for negatives sake, I've been posting here for probably close to 15 years (🤯) I was very negative during the Neeld/Schwab years, was far more positive during the Roos/Jackson/Goodwin years and even up until late last year. What has happened over the last 18 months (not just onfield results) is alarming for those who want and expect the club to have good solid governance and leadership that will lay a foundation for sustained success.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 8
  • Clap 1

45 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I have been posting on this site for 20+ years, and this place has never been more toxic.

Embarrassing to see this level of drivel, chest beating and pointless point scoring.

The culture at our club may not be great, but it's probably better than the culture that's creeped into this place from the same usual suspects, who think they have the right to belittle others and repeat the same rubbish over and over and over again.

The moderators do their best, but I think everyone here is an adult (or should be) and therefore should take responsibility for their own behaviours. Hiding behind a screen, does not give you the right to be a gigantic asshat. 

100%.

I've been posting on this site a few decades too, and it's become very toxic the past year or so. Sadly I've had to reduce time spent reading and posting unless it's on a specific question or topic. 

Hopefully 2025 is a better year for the club and our great draft hand provides us all with some hope and excitement.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't slag off at everything, I've applauded the club over recent years and backed Goodwin to the hilt during 2020 when many wanted him gone. I did waver briefly in that 2020 offseason but took a "wait and see" attitude to 2021 which worked out well. I've often had "discussions" on here with others (won't name them) who were ready to blow the place up because success didn't come along quick enough based on how the process was playing out and could see we were on the right track despite those results not coming quick enough. I've also said many times on here that this administration/coaches have the runs on the board and deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt. Well to me, those doubts are now becoming reality and the ongoing leaks and issues out of the club mean those in charge need to be held to account. Things can keep on keeping on as they are but success won't happen if that's the way we want to let things play out. When the "cultural issues" (can't say more due to DL policy) are so prevalent, when the performance dips, when key players want out of the club, when the club is consistently leaking to the media - questions need to be asked about the current administration and leadership.

It's laughable to say I'm the kind of supporter who is negative for negatives sake, I've been posting here for probably close to 15 years (🤯) I was very negative during the Neeld/Schwab years, was far more positive during the Roos/Jackson/Goodwin years and even up until late last year. What has happened over the last 18 months (not just onfield results) is alarming for those who want and expect the club to have good solid governance and leadership that will lay a foundation for sustained success.

Let's just suppose that is correct. Then why are you dragging up an incident from mid-2022, purely between two players, one of whom doesn't go very well with alcohol. What has that got to do with the culture of the club? Why are you repeating rumours about Goody which are totally unsupported, which he flatly denies, and which are highly defamatory? Why are you saying that Clarry wanted to leave when he has made it completely clear that the only thing that got him even thinking of leaving were the (unsubstantiated) reports that the club was open to trading him?

No, you've lost me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Witches Hat said:

According to Wikipedia India averages the most derailments in the world. 

Demonland must be closing in.

America could be heading for the biggest one

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm saying the culture is not as great as the club wants to think it is. To be honest I don't really care about those other clubs but yes, the culture of Collingwood in 2017 was a disaster too. Who was CEO there at the time?

Keep your head in the sand Katrina, the club loves supporters like you who forgive every indiscretion of the club and every poor administrator we've had, supporters who clap the team off when 10 goals down at half time. I want to see a successful MFC, that doesn't happen when you sweep massive issues under the rug and don't hold those in charge to account.

So boring. So so boring

• Thanks 1

Look forward and learn from the past. So both sides of the argument can be right

But to wallow in the past isn't a practical solution.  Nor is not acknowledging that we can do things better

A lot can change in a few weeks in a footy club. With Petracca & Oliver back on board, suddenly the goal of finals is on the radar and quite achievable

Especially with the acquisition of 2 gun draftees

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

It only finished a few weeks ago ya crazy clown. 

I know, I know, and look at what's going on on Demonland. We need it back so we can talk drivel about football rather than media created hyperbole and "club culture". It's boring already.