Oliver Trade Rumours

Oxdee

11 hours ago, rjay said:

Joining the army...

Yep, we’re changing our name. We’re ditching “Demon” and replacing it with “Oliver’s” 😁

What always gets me is the idea that Clarry not being at his best is a reason to trade him. Makes no sense! So much more value in helping him get back to his best. Pre seasons are everything in footy, ask any player - bad preseason? Bad year. This legend will be back at his best next year if not earlier - he's building beautifully. 

• Like 19
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, RedBlueandTrue said:

What always gets me is the idea that Clarry not being at his best is a reason to trade him. Makes no sense! So much more value in helping him get back to his best. Pre seasons are everything in footy, ask any player - bad preseason? Bad year. This legend will be back at his best next year if not earlier - he's building beautifully. 

This is such a valid point. Nearly every great player goes through a down year, especially coming off an interrupted pre-season or after injuries, and rarely do fans suggest to trade out that player after one poor year.

I think if Clarry didn't have the pre-season he had in terms of the negative headlines, we would chalk his form down to a lack of pre season and injuries, and there would be no mention of trading him.

The only reason the club would ever consider trading him is if his behaviour doesn't stack up. The club only floated the trade idea last year as a way of scaring Clarry into getting himself right off the field. It was never a serious threat, and if they didn't trade him when he was at his lowest, why would they trade him now that he's doing so well off the field?

And to anyone assassinating his character, I truly hope that you or a loved one of yours never goes through any mental health battles or mental illness of any kind. 

• Like 8
  • Clap 1

Cornes position is to replace Bode with Clarry with whatever it takes. He has tried it before with Kossie. 

I think its disgusting and explains why he's on the mad hatters picnic show every week.

6 minutes ago, Willmoy1947 said:

Cornes position is to replace Bode with Clarry with whatever it takes. He has tried it before with Kossie. 

I think its disgusting and explains why he's on the mad hatters picnic show every week.

DO NOT GIVE CORNES OR MORRIS OXYGEN.

They make money out of rumours !!! (Carro makes money out of thinking she is important )

• Like 1

morris has couched everything he's said regarding oliver that "other clubs believe he's gettable...but mfc are adamant he's not up for trade"

where there's smoke there tend to be fire

i know people don't like him, but his mail tends to be pretty good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

morris has couched everything he's said regarding oliver that "other clubs believe he's gettable...but mfc are adamant he's not up for trade"

Based on my experience of trying to lght fires, there's often plenty of smoke with no sign of fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

He said he knows this as he’s talked to ‘other clubs.’ Until he names the ‘other clubs’ his report is worth zero.

What does any of the trade conjecture matter... it's not like it destabilises the players or the team, just the supporters who are particularly invested...

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

He said he knows this as he’s talked to ‘other clubs.’ Until he names the ‘other clubs’ his report is worth zero.

as if he'd name if they're saying it to him confidence

aaaaaaaand all the 'whispers' last year were the crom and puddy tatts, so i imagine it's probably still them

3 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

I posted this earlier in this thread but I don’t agree with this. Not anymore in the current AFL media hyper-trade era.

I do not accept that these stories are all born out of something legit. 

But, even if they are, the “legit” bit of this could easily be nothing more than “other clubs think they can entice him”. Which may amount to nothing more than wishful thinking, or a deliberate attempt to “stir the pot” to see what sort of response comes from the club or Clarry.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Neil Crompton said:

Hence my question about giving him a mini preseason during the year - possibly during the period he had the hand injury

I don't think people quite grasp what's involved in getting the kinds of loads into players that will set them up for a whole season. For starters, he would need a period of rest/unloading because unless you're fully fresh when you go into these periods, you can't complete the loads required. Then he would need at least, I don't know, 6 weeks of very high training loads for any meaningful outcomes. so that's ... 8 - 10 weeks I would have thought.

If there was any way of overcoming his lack of pre-season the club would have done it. Same goes for Petty or any of the players with interrupted pre-seasons. The only players who can have a decent season on the back of a compromised pre-season are older players who already have multiple years of pre-season as a base.

• Like 5

Can’t see him goin.

Seems very in love with his team mates right now. 
I don’t think he will leave his brothers.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Of course clubs are keen. They know what he’s capable of and they’d be hoping to get him “cheaper” than they previously could have. 

Well yeah, kornes thinks we should send clarry and a first rounder just to get rid of him.  Instead of the actual price for a 25yo 5x BnF  which  is really like 3x first rounders To us! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Sam McClure: reckon Superunknown would be keen to win the $100 mill Powerball jackpot ….

the world (insert gif of Gary from Team America running around) : omgggggggg Super wants to win a lot of money

in other news, dolphins like water and the ATO wants you to pay your taxes (unless you’re part of the gas cartel, then fuggedaboutit!)

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

In the Oliver scenario, 'journalists' like Morris or McClure call around the other clubs and ask them if they would be interested in him if he was available. Clubs would then respond with something generic like "we have a lot of players on our radar", or "we're all about making our list better" just like the example a few posts back.

Morris/McClure then say things like "there is significant interest from other clubs" even though that interest is simply the answers they have received to their own questions, and not actual things that have happened like approaches from one club to another, or an indication from the club with the player that they actually want to trade him.

That's all the smoke is, and they create it themselves.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

I keep hearing Kitty Litter from a well connected mate of mine🤮

That their interested or that it will happen?

Given Melbournes own head of football rates the chances of Oliver being traded at zero and Oliver is contracted, i really don't think Geelong coming and offering us pick 16 is going to be all that tempting for us. 

Clarry is going to be fine, he's got all the support in the world around him and with a full pre season he'll be back to his best and anyone suggesting we trade him for unders or worse, pay someone to take him off us will be enjoying Humble pie. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, biggestred said:

Well yeah, kornes thinks we should send clarry and a first rounder just to get rid of him.  Instead of the actual price for a 25yo 5x BnF  which  is really like 3x first rounders To us! 

27yo (in 2 days) 4 x BnF

If we were dumb enough to trade Clarry, I think we'd prob get 1 x top 15 pick. Unfortunately seen by many outside as damaged goods where his best is behind him