PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

13 hours ago, Storm Boy said:

Tom Morris has just reported on Channel 9 that every club is represented at the Hall of Fame except Melbourne is not there. No Kate Roffey or Gary Pert there tonight. Not a positive sign heading into this week's game 

Seems odd. Not sure how it relates to our chances on the field though? 

• Haha 1

If you look at the form line of these two teams over the last couple of rounds we lose this game comfortably - the odds for a Norf win are so so generous 

Time to see if our club has any ticket left at all

I have little confidence sadly 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Roost it far said:

No to Fullarton from me, just don't see what he brings. Has AMW shown enough? I'm still leaning to Lever for Petracca and maybe Taj as the only changes. These guys need to stand up and North will be no easy beats. Lose this week and it'll be  a [censored] around here. God last year disappoints me more and more by the week, 2 Flags would have been so much better than 1.

Then why did we bring Fullarton to the club? We are desperately short of KPF's. He plays a very good game at Casey. The senior team is desperate for a forward who can help out in ruck Seems the perfect candidate to me.

• Clap 1

I'd like to see Woewodin into the starting 22 for a full game, and for a few weeks straight.

I do not need to see Laurie or Billings in the side, probably not for a while for either of them.

I'm inclined to keep TMac back, particularly with Lever still out, as I don't think it's anywhere near guaranteed that his 2024 defensive form means he can play forward. We probably have no choice but to persist with Petty and Turner, despite my personal view that we've been sucked far too far into the idea of them as forwards off the back of 1-2 decent games early on from each of them. I'm not sure Brown or Fullarton can do any better.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Fullerton in for mine. Means Roo plays forward all of his TOG. Kolt and Sestan too.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

12 hours ago, dees189227 said:

Great news, Melbourne have announced Schache is available :huh:

You have made my day.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

I'd like to see Woewodin into the starting 22 for a full game, and for a few weeks straight.

I do not need to see Laurie or Billings in the side, probably not for a while for either of them.

I'm inclined to keep TMac back, particularly with Lever still out, as I don't think it's anywhere near guaranteed that his 2024 defensive form means he can play forward. We probably have no choice but to persist with Petty and Turner, despite my personal view that we've been sucked far too far into the idea of them as forwards off the back of 1-2 decent games early on from each of them. I'm not sure Brown or Fullarton can do any better.

Why can't we try Fullarton? 

• Like 1

Tucked at the bottom of this article about Trac

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2024-reports-of-discontent-from-christian-petraccas-family-surprising-to-coach/news-story/e496e9721e3e27562c2aeffecf151cf2

Goodwin said No.13 pick Koltyn Tholstrup would be strongly considered to replace Petracca after he was sent back to the VFL following a difficult debut as a permanent forward in the round 5 loss to Brisbane.

The 186cm prospect had 29 disposals, five tackles and kicked 1.2 playing through the midfield in a heavy VFL win over Collingwood before the bye.

“We’ll bring a player in and expand some players’ roles to try and fill that void. It’s not about just one player, it’s about a team, it’s about a method and it’s about the collective, and that’s what we need to do – be really tight, united and forge our season ahead,” Goodwin said.

“(Tholstrup) has progressed really strongly in the VFL. He’s certainly gone back and developed his game from a midfield perspective and also forward of centre.

“He’s someone we’ll look at really closely. He’s a high draft pick with high talent, he gives enormous effort, he’s tough, so he’s someone that we’ll certainly look at.”

Goodwin confirmed in-form key defender Adam Tomlinson would return against North Melbourne on Saturday night after he was left out of the King’s Birthday game to field a smaller backline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In: Tholstrup, Tomlinson, Fullarton, McAdam

Out: Petracca, Howes, Billings, Turner

FB -  McVee   May McDonald

HB -  Rivers    Tomlinson Bowey

C -    Windsor  Oliver Langdon

HF -  Chandler Petty  Sparrow

FF -   Fritsch   JvR     Pickett

RR -  Gawn    Viney   ANB

Int -  Salem, Tholstrup, Laurie, Fullarton

Sub - McAdam

Emergency - B Brown, Woewodin, Sestan

Goody has more or less indicated Tholstrup and Tomlinson will come into the side. 

McAdam has had a few games under his belt now and can be a dynamic and impactful player, suitable for the Sub in my opinion.

I think Turner would have benefited from being the third tall in defence to get more confidence in himself than being thrown forward where he is struggling. You could say the same for Petty but unlikely we're going to budge on him anytime soon. I feel we should be looking at Fullarton to take the ruck/fwd duties to give JvR and Petty 100% fwd roles. 

Give the kids more than one game before being the sacrificial lamb.

If Sestan can have another excellent game at Casey then he may be a sneaky chance at a debut soon, don't think it happens just yet. Same for AMW who won't replace anyone out of our back 6 and hard to see him coming into the forward half despite our woes there.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 1

It'll be interesting to see if the players drop their heads even further with Petracca out. Hopefully some kids get a shot for a while, ie; Tholstrup and Woewodin.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SFebes said:

It'll be interesting to see if the players drop their heads even further with Petracca out. Hopefully some kids get a shot for a while, ie; Tholstrup and Woewodin.

Hopefuly they get a bank of games.  Can take a little while to get your rhythm happening.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2024 at 10:22, picket fence said:

Who is Kate Roffey???

some lady who spends a lot of time on legal cases.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SFebes said:

When the going gets tough……….

1 hour ago, old dee said:

Because that's not how we roll.

We'll continue to ignore him until such time as we may need a backup ruck and then we'll select Shache, but not play him.

After that we will trade Fullerton to the next up and coming Premier that is desperate for a ruck and we'll give them a leg up and take of 4th round pick

• Like 1

I might have my numbers wrong but North hasn't won at the MCG since 2017. Against guess who?

1 hour ago, old dee said:

OD... on Casey form Verral has outperformed Fullarton most weeks. He really hasn't dominated in the 10 odd games at Casey.

I understand that the AFL team hasn't done much but I don't see Fullarton as the answer.

Tholstrup will probably get a game this week.

Last year I posted on a couple of Casey threads that we lacked midfield depth. Most disagreed and we are now where we are

As much as I want Petty to succeed and be part of our forward line solution at the moment I think he is ranked near last on AFL player ratings so there’s not much to lose by playing Fullerton to have a look.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Hopefuly they get a bank of games.  Can take a little while to get your rhythm happening.

Good week to be selected. Win and you probably keep your spot in a winning side. Lose and the season is probably shot and kids will keep their spots. 

Someone needs to on sit on Sheezel. Sure, a lot of his 30+ touches are junk... until they are not.

Either Viney or Anb for this with the other in the forward line. Viney is an underrated forward. He finds space, decent overhead and an above average kick for goal. McVee in the midfield for a bit (can't help myself)   with AMW to debut in a back pocket/rebounding half back.   Drop Petty or McAdams. Can't be playing with 21 every week it's absurd. 

42 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

We can. Did I say we can't?

My view is he's unlikely do any better than Petty or Turner.

I was not suggesting you did.  let's find out. At least he would be playing in his rightful position. This year is a bust let's play some of these guys and find out if they are keepers or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, praha said:

I might have my numbers wrong but North hasn't won at the MCG since 2017. Against guess who?

You don't have you numbers wrong.

And I think we can all safely guess who the oppo was back on that Sunday Avro in 2017.