NON-MFC: Round 11

Why didn't Cunningham get subbed off in the 1st with the head knock with the dogs player?

With a full complement of players the Dogs would have won that, Swans look tired and hanging on for dear life with 2 players more on the bench.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Umps and AFL happy to have Swans winning. 

I wonder what would happen to the AFL following in NSW if, god forbid, the Swans were bad?

5 or 6 years being at the bottom of the ladder.

Probably empty SCG and underwhelming membership numbers. Must be a thing of nightmares for the AFL House.

• Like 2

Just now, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Why didn't Cunningham get subbed off in the 1st with the head knock with the dogs player?

With a full complement of players the Dogs would have won that, Swans look tired and hanging on for dear life with 2 players more on the bench.

That’s what I was thinking… their heads collided, and with the same amount of force. Cunningham wasn’t even considered as potentially at risk let alone made to undergo a HIA. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

How can the swans find a way to trade and get Grundy , Jordan ( hope goody is watching) Adams & develop fwds vs our stagnation and missed opportunities 

We wanted to get rid of Grundy as he’s a number 1 ruck. Jordon wanted to leave as he wasn’t getting a game. he’s doing alright tagging but nothing special   would have been nice to keep though given Gus retired

And would you want a one dimensional 30yo inside mid in Adams that can’t kick? hardly what we need

37 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Then don’t. Simples.

I was appealing to PF to give up on the whole Grundy should still be with us thing because it’s pointless. This I know. I also know that it wasn’t as a result of the MFC [censored] up. Fact. Anyways it’s something that’s not worth discussing with me so 👋 

I'd like to know the Grundy story?

• Like 2

the problem with gawn and grundy being in the same side is that meant the game's greatest ruckman was half the player he normally is

why would you waste a true great of the game by having him away from his prime position during his peak period as a player?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DubDee said:

I wonder what number 1 draft pick the Swans will get for pick 27 from their academy this year

absolute joke. 

They are underachievers to be honest.

We like to criticise Brisbane and Port for underachieving but the Swans are right up there. With all the help they get from Academy, AFL and so on... 12 years without a premiership. Before that just one in 70 or so years.

• Like 1

Abbey Holmes. Interview with Nick Blakey. 

abbey. “ great to see all your fans here in Melbourne.  Great they can travel which must give you a boost “. 

nick “well yes it’s great that our Melbourne based fans honour the South Melbourne legacy”

yes abbey remember they were the South Melbourne football club and still have swans supporters and swans families in Melbourne!!! 

ps just like the Lions !!! 

8 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

We like to criticise Brisbane and Port for underachieving but the Swans are right up there. With all the help they get from Academy, AFL and so on... 12 years without a premiership. Before that just one in 70 or so years.

What's ours 1 in 57 years that's not great either.

2 minutes ago, Left Foot Snap said:

I'd like to know the Grundy story?

I wish I didn’t.

It’s in the past anyways, where it belongs. But it’s super annoying to be in the Non-MFC thread and having to read the same old uninformed BS about ex-Dees and how our club failed them. It’s annoying in any thread, but particularly in this one. I’m really unwell and should’ve known better than to even go on DL let alone snap back at yet another clueless post about the whole Grundy affair. My bad. 🙄 

*retreats back to sick bed and hopes getting worked up over this doesn’t prove a setback in the Need To Be Well Enough By Sunday In Order To Attend Our Match campaign*

🤒

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

So, two years wasted instead of one. Cool. 

Wouldn’t mind him as insurance even if just playing at Casey this year and an added bonus he wouldn’t be playing for the Swans. We got zilch for him, just gifted him to a major competitor. 

45 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

He’ll have delayed concussion tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Underachievers??

Under Horse they've played in 4 grand finals and a massive amount of finals.

It's bloody hard enough to win a final let alone make a grand final and they've done exceptionally well under his guidance. 

You say they get help from the academy yet tonight they only had 4 players in their line up. Compared to the likes of GWS and Gold Coast that's nothing. One of their best players in Chad Warner and arguably top 5 player in the comp is from WA.

If you think they're underachievers then what do you make of us with the list and talent we've had on display. Elite defence, elite midfield line up led by arguably the greatest ruckman of the modern era and a sound forward line.

I think I know who the underachievers are and it's certainly not Sydney here.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

I wonder what would happen to the AFL following in NSW if, god forbid, the Swans were bad?

5 or 6 years being at the bottom of the ladder.

Probably empty SCG and underwhelming membership numbers. Must be a thing of nightmares for the AFL House.

We’ll never find out. 
Got a bit close in the last few minutes and bam! 2x 50m for little to no reason. 

• Like 2

So there was only 1 reporter at Bevo’s press conference?

What happens when there’s no one there?

Do they have to ask themselves some hard questions?

Take a good hard look at themselves in the mirror?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

that’s a good point. feels like they have been so dominant but only 2 flags over the decades and 4 losing GFs. they will feel they should have 4 flags. 

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Underachievers??

It's bloody hard enough to win a final let alone make a grand final and they've done exceptionally well under his guidance. 

You say they get help from the academy yet tonight they only had 4 players in their line up. Compared to the likes of GWS and Gold Coast that's nothing. One of their best players in Chad Warner and arguably top 5 player in the comp is from WA.

If you think they're underachievers then what do you make of us with the list and talent we've had on display. Elite defence, elite midfield line up led by arguably the greatest ruckman of the modern era and a sound forward line.

i thought you were talking about us until i heard sound fwd line?!?! 

Swans got arguable the greatest player of our generation for 10 years and couldn’t win a flag with him

7 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Underachievers??

The fact remains that it is and always will be to the best interest of the AFL that Sydney remains a competitive club. GWS and GC for the most part are "experimental" clubs.

7 hours ago, demon3165 said:

What's ours 1 in 57 years that's not great either.

Well they have two flags against one for us, very close race. We may yet catch them 🤞🏻

8 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

the problem with gawn and grundy being in the same side is that meant the game's greatest ruckman was half the player he normally is

why would you waste a true great of the game by having him away from his prime position during his peak period as a player?

So why start the process,why grab Grundy when we allegedly didnt need him It looks like a f&%$ up to me