PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

5 hours ago, picket fence said:

EXACTLY!! Hang on, get Werridee a Doctor to certify him!! Here's one that will do it... Dr Hugo Hackenbush!

Dr. Hackenbush (@DcHackenbush) / X

Is there a doctor in the house? I was thinking more dr.Love in the KISS variety. Seriously I don't care how many touches Clarry is getting he's not hurting teams with his disposals anymore. Unlike 2 years ago he was just average last year and he's been terrible this year. His only good game was against the dogs even Billings was good in that game. He's our worst performing midfielder. Viney has to lift too but I'd be dropping Clarry before I'd be dropping Viney.

10 minutes ago, IRW said:

If the red is negative territory then it's pretty obvious where the problem lies

His performance in one game where the whole team stank it up was 6% below his 2023 average while being 15% above the next best so agree it’s obvious the problem isn’t him

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Laurie instead of Oliver?  Are you kidding ?

I have faith in Laurie. It would be a good wake up call for Clarry.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3
  • Vomit 3

As unfit and ineffective as Oliver has been he's still our most prolific ball winner in the midfield, so he can't go out. Just needs to regain some form and fitness though ASAP. If we have to swing Petty to the backline, presume Trac spends more time forward, so dropping him won't happen.

I have not given up on Season '24 as yet. There is till a long way to go.

The team need to re-group and re-focus. There was very little teamwork on display over in Perth and we need to get back to running hard in support and to get to position in transition BOTH ways. To me this was the biggest problem. 

With Lever we lost one of our finger pointers (organisers) early and it seemed to unsettle the defensive 50 big time. 

The team I would like to see against the Saints is the following:

B: Rivers, May, Petty

HB: McVee, TMac, Bowey

C: Langdon, Petracca, Windsor

HF: Mc Adam, JVR, Sparrow

FF: Fristch, Fullarton, Pickett

Fol: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Chandler, Woewodin, Salem, ANB, Howe

Midfield to have Petracca, Oliver, Viney and Sparrow as the main drivers with Petracca to play a majority in the middle. The link between himself and Oliver needs to be re-built. It has been missing this season so far. Guest spots in the middle for Pickett, ANB, Salem, Woewodin and I would like to see Rives given a couple of chances there.

Move Petty back into the defensive 50 to partner with May and TMac. he has been ineffectual as a forward so far.

Fullarton to get a chance to fill a role. 

Laurie has had his chances and has not taken them. I would like him to work out but I really doubt he will make it. Jefferson looks too lightweight at this stage and might need a season or two to get the build to make an impact.

At some stage I would like to see Sestan, K. Brown and Tholstrup get a run.

Hunter and Billings I am not impressed with.

Spargo and Melksham to come back from injury to boost the list at some stage.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Clarry had his wake up call at the beginning of the year when he was told to [censored] off and train by herself.

l think he came through with flying colours.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

55 minutes ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Laurie instead of Oliver?  Are you kidding ?

Absolutely friggen laughable and Just insanity!! LAURIE WILL NEVER MAKE IT vs an Absolute SUPERSTAR of the comp! Cheezus there are some shiźen opinions oit there tonight

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Gawd quadrupple🤮

• Haha 1

Going by the club Facebook page I would say Sestan is a chance to debut.

• Thinking 1

20 minutes ago, CHF said:

The team need to re-group and re-focus. There was very little teamwork on display over in Perth and we need to get back to running hard in support and to get to position in transition BOTH ways. To me this was the biggest problem. 

With Lever we lost one of our finger pointers (organisers) early and it seemed to unsettle the defensive 50 big time. 

Midfield to have Petracca, Oliver, Viney and Sparrow as the main drivers with Petracca to play a majority in the middle. The link between himself and Oliver needs to be re-built. It has been missing this season so far. Guest spots in the middle for Pickett, ANB, Salem, Woewodin and I would like to see Rives given a couple of chances there.

Move Petty back into the defensive 50 to partner with May and TMac. he has been ineffectual as a forward so far.

Laurie has had his chances and has not taken them. I would like him to work out but I really doubt he will make it. Jefferson looks too lightweight at this stage and might need a season or two to get the build to make an impact.

I agree with nearly all of this, just don't think Laurie has been given a fair chance. He has only played three games this year with two of those starting as sub, one of which he came on for half a quarter and kicked two goals from 5 disposals.

His only starting game was the opening round where we went with a small forward line with him, Spargo, ANB, Pickett and Chandler. That was never going to work. He was subbed off after two and bit quarters with 54min ground time resulting in 8 disposals. Billings came on and picked up 2 disposals in 50minutes and retained his spot in the side.

6 of his 8 games he has either been sub or subbed off. Hes also never had more than 2 games in a row. That's hardly getting a good crack at it. Not saying he will make it long term, or even deserves to come in this week. But would be nice to see him force his way into the team and get a sustained crack at it. We signed him for 2 years earlier this season so obviously see something in him. Up to him to now to show he belongs.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 20/05/2024 at 11:32, layzie said:

Personally I'd love Rivers to get more time in the middle, I know he can turn it over but he may just give us that bit of extra bounce energy wise. Have to take risks sometimes and the depth pool is shallow as it is.

We've gotta do something different in there, anything. 

I think the only realistic way to build depth durinf the season is to blood more of our youngsters, especially players with a full season or more under the belt at Casey. 

So, I left this thread for a while to cook dinner, feed the kids, call my mum, then put the kids to bed.

... And I return to some malarkey about dropping Clarry, to replace him with......

LAURIE??? 

I was only gone a few hours!

I get Clarry is not yet the superstar we have all been accustomed to. There are good reasons for that. He will regain his fitness and form over time. But to even suggest the completely, unequivocally unproven (and frankly, in my humble opinion, disappointing) Laurie over Clarry (who was good over the weekend - sure not THAT version of Clarry, but still good, especially in the second half), I guess as some sort of punishment for not being THAT version of Clarry is actually insane. 

Again, no offence to Laurie, but I would take Clarry with a broken leg, bung hand and with glandular fever over Laurie any day of any week. 

Laurie trains the house down. But he ain't Clarry. Maybe he'll convert the truckloads of potential he has. But that day has not arrived, and I ain't interested in dropping our boy to find out he's still choc-a-block full of potential. 

Fin. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IRW said:

Yeah and Trac and the skipper from 30 are dead eye [censored]..geez

Yes but neither of them look like they're wetting the bed before they take the shot.

55 minutes ago, Dingo said:

Clarry had his wake up call at the beginning of the year when he was told to [censored] off and train by herself.

l think he came through with flying colours.

Come through with flying colours? He's played 1 good game for the year the rest have been horrible.

3 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Here comes the Laurie love again. We have seen the discrepancy between his VFL form and AFL form. He just doesn’t cut it at the highest level. Very solid VFL player. 

He hasn't been given a chance at AFL level. He may not make it but until we give him a chance we will never know same goes with Tholstrup. Billings has been given a million chances and won't make it. He makes our team worse and apart from Schache I don't think we have a player like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Absolutely friggen laughable and Just insanity!! LAURIE WILL NEVER MAKE IT vs an Absolute SUPERSTAR of the comp! Cheezus there are some shiźen opinions oit there tonight

You have had your head in the sand for the last year and a half. He's not the player he once was. Laurie has copped it unnecessarily when he hasn't been given a chance to cement his spot.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BDA said:

I think we should drop Maxy. And Trac. And might as well give Viney a spell while we’re at it. 

agree but you forgot  that we should probs give  May and Fritsch a spell too and kozzie to whilst we’re at it 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CHF said:

How can you say Laurie has had his chances? How many times has he been the sub than not in his career? Woewodin is the same even though he's showed more than Laurie he hasn't been given a chance to cement his spot like say McVee and Howes.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2024 at 10:51, drysdale demon said:

This would be a complete kneejerk reaction.

Kneejerk, or remove the knee?

On 20/05/2024 at 12:35, 640MD said:

INV. Taj might be a chance in a couple of years ( games perhaps)  not a star but very solid, just needs a couple of pre seasons and more game time. 
He will be a lock for the 22. 

why do we play guys who have been injured and rush them straight back in. 

I guess they do that because they, the professionals, feel that "coming back through Casey" does not prepare them properly.

On 20/05/2024 at 17:16, Nicko said:

So I’ve tried to let the emotions of yesterday pass … 

out: lever 😫 and BBB

in: Langdon (if he is ok to play) and JVR (if he has fully recovered from concussion)

petty to go back in place of lever and to help max in the ruck if need be (I thought some of his tap work wasn’t too bad last night)

JVR straight swap for BBB

Langdon to patrol his MCG wings again and help us out with his defensive positioning and run 😊 

defenders surely cannot just leave their opponent or position in the defensive unit, to do a bit of ruck work.

12 hours ago, BScotti said:

Since the loss of Jacko, we have been trying to find a 2nd ruck / fwd (not fwd who we ask to ruck).  They could not get their head around Grundy (he was pure ruck) and now they traded for Fullerton for this role.  10 rounds in we still have not played him.  This band aid philosophy including defender Petty to fwd is clearly not working.  BBB is done.  Billings is ok around the ground but get him anywhere near the goals and he is a "dear in the headlights".  Send him back as a HFF and get him some confidence.  Petty to defence to play a system and get hands on the ball.

Play fwd as a fwd, ruck as a ruck and def as a def.  Keep it simple.

Out - BBB, Lever, Billings, 

IN - JVR, Fullerton, Langdon 

So who, other than Max, in your plan, will relieve Max?

8 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Clarry is the number 1 problem in the midfield. He is unfit and should be dropped. You saying he shouldn't has justified my calling but don't worry gutless Goodwin won't drop him he never makes many changes it will be van Rooyen and Langdon in Brown and Lever out. Which means I won't be going to the footy because Billings will be playing. We drop this game I'm calling for Goodwin's head.

You won't go to the footy because Billings is playing?  Sorry WERRIDEE, but what sort of true supporter of our beloved footy club and team doesn't attend because a particular player is selected?  Are you serious?