• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

If people think Schache is soft who lacks physical presence then they're going to get a rude shock watching Fullarton play..

Boy, you’re just a fountain of positivity aintchya Bud?! You seem to have a problem with Cat. B rookies: first KFW, now Fullarton. At least wait until they’ve played even one AFL game for us before you start sending out your usual failure vibes. 

• Like 7
  • Clap 1

4 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Boy, you’re just a fountain of positivity aintchya Bud?! You seem to have a problem with Cat. B rookies: first KFW, now Fullarton. At least wait until they’ve played even one AFL game for us before you start sending out your usual failure vibes. 

fullarton is a senior list player, not a cat b rookie i thought?

4 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

fullarton is a senior list player, not a cat b rookie i thought?

He was a recruited as a Category B rookie by the Lions. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Neil Crompton said:

I’d prefer to blood Verrall rather than Fullarton as I believe he has a far greater upside. I also believe he has been more consistent at Casey than Fullarton. 

My understanding is their main roles are very different NC.

Except when Fullo goes in to the middle to relieve Verrall in the ruck that is.

3 hours ago, Neil Crompton said:

I also think that Sestan is now very close to being selected. I have a good feeling about him. 

Things are starting to click.

Reckon they're still wanting to build his contest to contest and 2nd efforts tank.  Plus some more involvements at stoppage?

Definitely starting to look the goods around HF vs his time through the middle.   I guess the latter will come with more time spent there.

His debut might depend on what role the FD are expecting him to bring in future?

If it's initially just a HF role he's probably super close.

If they're expecting him to play a mid-HF role then he might still be a fair ways off?

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

And boy aren’t you just just fountain of boring tripe that constantly pipes in whenever someone has a different opinion to you that doesn't float in the same boat as you do.

I balanced out my opinion by stating that I thought Will Verrall was much more of a deserved selection purely because he has been far more consistent at VFL level then Fullarton has, which again, is been outlined in the VFL player by player reviews.

Clearly I don't think Verrall plays anyway, but based on form and from the VFL games I've seen I'd play Verrall ahead of any other tall target we have.

And for your information, Fullarton has played at AFL level and has been absolutely BOG ordinary. 

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

And boy aren’t you just just fountain of boring tripe that constantly pipes in whenever someone has a different opinion to you that doesn't float in the same boat as you do.

I balanced out my opinion by stating that I thought Will Verrall was much more of a deserved selection purely because he has been far more consistent at VFL level then Fullarton has, which again, is been outlined in the VFL player by player reviews.

Clearly I don't think Verrall plays anyway, but based on form and from the VFL games I've seen I'd play Verrall ahead of any other tall target we have.

And for your information, Fullarton has played at AFL level and has been absolutely BOG ordinary. 

BOG - Best On Ground?

• Haha 6

43 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Brissy fans were not sad to see Fullarton leave. He doesn't really have a big mans game, doesn't clunk marks or crash packs. He has good second efforts at ground level, but that's not what the team really needs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Read my post properly. I said wait until he’s played an AFL game FOR US

4 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

If people think Schache is soft who lacks physical presence then they're going to get a rude shock watching Fullarton play..

⬆️ This is the post to which I replied, and this post ONLY. 

It had NOTHING to do with your opinion of Verrall, who you mention in your indignant response…

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Why then are you bringing up Verrall?

Do you think a complimentary comment about Verrall negates a derogatory comment about Fullarton? If so (it doesn’t btw, but if you believe it does), include both opinions in the one post.

The point is… how about giving the guy a go? Why start with bagging him? He’s one of us now. It would be nice if you could wish him well and reserve your judgment for such time as he’s played an AFL game WITH US. You do want him to be successful right?

• Like 5

So, Wednesday evening and the team will run out on to the G for a game against the Tiges.

I have to say that it has been a strange old start to the season for the boys. A Thursday night in Sydney for the opening round, a 10 day break and then two games at the G with a 6 day break. After those two games we then travelled to Adelaide for games against the two home town teams. A 7 day break for the Port game and then Adelaide after a 5 day break. another 7 day break to get back to the G and played Brisbane followed by a 13day bye round before the Tiges.

Looking at that I can see that it must have been very hard for the boys to settle into any sort of rhythm of a constant 6/7 day break between games. I was a bit let down to be going into the break at 4-2 but having looked at the fixtures so far I am much more comfortable.

Unfortunately it is not going to get any better in the next few weeks with a 10 day break after the Tiges game and then a 5 day break before the Carlton game game. At least the cats game is at the G and not at Kitty Litter Park.

Anyhoooooo it is what it is. Anyone, anytime any place.

We should beat the Tiges given their injury list, but you never know. Our match committee might have a brain**rt once again and let the work experience kid make the selections while they attack the cheese boards.

Have to admit that I have had a mini break from footy myself while the boys have had a break so I am not at all across the game, except that it will be at the G in the middle of the week.

Dees to win... by a lot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrFreeze said:

Brissy fans were not sad to see Fullarton leave. He doesn't really have a big mans game, doesn't clunk marks or crash packs. He has good second efforts at ground level, but that's not what the team really needs. 

Mate he got slaughtered in the ruck in the VFL game against the doggies by a first year player in Lachie Smith who was drafted last year.

Brissy fans were jumping for joy when he left. Don't blame them, there is a reason why he hasn't played an AFL game since 2022.

As you say, he doesn't play like a big 200cm player should be. He's more of a taller forward flank who gets put bodied fairly easily.

Don't give me the Brisbane had too many talls excuse because Darcy bloody Fort was even getting a game for them. But apparently I have to wait until he plays an AFL game for the Demons before I can judge him again 🤣

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Read my post properly. I said wait until he’s played an AFL game FOR US

Yes because that has absolutely worked for the likes of Luke Dunstan, Josh Schache, Majak Daw, Brayden Pruess etc

When you bring in NQR's from other clubs that struggle to get a game there, then you going to get exactly what you're paying for. Fullarton is in the same bracket as these players. 

I will always support any player that pulls on the red and blue on game day even if that's Fullarton on Wednesday. Regardless of what opinions i may have you park that aside on game day because all i want is a win.

But I will call it as I see it and his track record at AFL level has been absolutely ordinary, so I will base my opinion on that performances alone until he shows something worth changing my view.

He's miraculously not going to be this whole brand new player the moment he pulls on the red and blue jumper. He's been on an AFL list for 6 years now and shown very little. It's the reality. 

51 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

⬆️ This is the post to which I replied, and this post ONLY. 

It had NOTHING to do with your opinion of Verrall, who you mention in your indignant response…

Why then are you bringing up Verrall?

Do you think a complimentary comment about Verrall negates a derogatory comment about Fullarton? If so (it doesn’t btw, but if you believe it does), include both opinions in the one post.

The point is… how about giving the guy a go? Why start with bagging him? He’s one of us now. It would be nice if you could wish him well and reserve your judgment for such time as he’s played an AFL game WITH US. You do want him to be successful right?

Um because my opinion was based on who my preferred option would be between the two based on what I've seen at VFL level, and how it could benefitour team structure.

Varrell has the natural ruck craft and follow up work at ground level. Personally I'd debut Varrell for Ben Brown which would mean JVR gets to focus on being a full time forward.

I know very well that this will most likely not be the cad anyway and if they are to bring in a tall player to help chop out in the ruck then yes it will be Fullarton. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, chook fowler said:

BOG - Best On Ground?

Looks like you and the 3 other laughing galahs haven't heard the term bog ordinary it seems...? Embarrassingly the jokes on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Mate he got slaughtered in the ruck in the VFL game against the doggies by a first year player in Lachie Smith who was drafted last year.

Brissy fans were jumping for joy when he left. Don't blame them, there is a reason why he hasn't played an AFL game since 2022.

As you say, he doesn't play like a big 200cm player should be. He's more of a taller forward flank who gets put bodied fairly easily.

Don't give me the Brisbane had too many talls excuse because Darcy bloody Fort was even getting a game for them. But apparently I have to wait until he plays an AFL game for the Demons before I can judge him again 🤣

Yes because that has absolutely worked for the likes of Luke Dunstan, Josh Schache, Majak Daw, Brayden Pruess etc

When you bring in NQR's from other clubs that struggle to get a game there, then you going to get exactly what you're paying for. Fullarton is in the same bracket as these players. 

I will always support any player that pulls on the red and blue on game day even if that's Fullarton on Wednesday. Regardless of what opinions i may have you park that aside on game day because all i want is a win.

But I will call it as I see it and his track record at AFL level has been absolutely ordinary, so I will base my opinion on that performances alone until he shows something worth changing my view.

He's miraculously not going to be this whole brand new player the moment he pulls on the red and blue jumper. He's been on an AFL list for 6 years now and shown very little. It's the reality. 

Um because my opinion was based on who my preferred option would be between the two based on what I've seen at VFL level, and how it could benefitour team structure.

Varrell has the natural ruck craft and follow up work at ground level. Personally I'd debut Varrell for Ben Brown which would mean JVR gets to focus on being a full time forward.

I know very well that this will most likely not be the cad anyway and if they are to bring in a tall player to help chop out in the ruck then yes it will be Fullarton. 

Settle petal. 

7 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Looks like you and the 3 other laughing galahs haven't heard the term bog ordinary it seems...? Embarrassingly the jokes on them.

I, being one of the laughing galahs to whom you allude, was going to put you on ignore. But it’s way too much fun watching you scramble in a vain attempt to cover up your derision of our own players. 😁

8 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Not sure what issue anyone can have with this post. He's allowed to have his opinion and it appears its reasonably informed and well laid out, whilst obviously also pointing out he would support Fullarton if selected. 

Personally I've never actually watched him play a game so have nothing to add. We probably need to see what he has sooner or later either way - we took the time to recruit him, so unless they think Brown & Petty with JVR in the ruck is our Plan A (it might be) then wouldn't mind seeing him play. Tigers have two good tall defenders in Young and Miller, but they are young and can be beaten. 

Edited by fr_ap
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

Not sure what issue anyone can have with this post. He's allowed to have his opinion and it appears its reasonably informed and well laid out, whilst obviously also pointing out he would support Fullarton if selected. 

Personally I've never actually watched him play a game so have nothing to add. We probably need to see what he has sooner or later either way - we took the time to recruit him, so unless they think Brown & Petty with JVR in the ruck is our Plan A (it might be) then wouldn't mind seeing him play. Tigers have two good tall defenders in Young and Miller, but they are young and can be beaten. 

The post to which you refer is NOT the post with which I take issue.

⬇️THIS IS. This and this alone ⬇️

14 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

8 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

We’re not embarrassed. We know the term bog ordinary. But you wrote BOG ordinary. Perhaps you haven’t heard the term for Best On Ground is BOG.

• Like 1
  • Vomit 1

Does anyone with some insight into the club know how the sale of the ANZAC guernsey is going? Somewhat surprised that there still seems to be a large availability of guernseys this year, compared to previous years. 

11 hours ago, MrFreeze said:

Brissy fans were not sad to see Fullarton leave. He doesn't really have a big mans game, doesn't clunk marks or crash packs. He has good second efforts… but that's not what the team really needs. 

200.gif?cid=bdfa2d1fssdkqdr4zsviwp67b4wv

Was that with or without dragging knuckles across the ground?

Edited by Tarax Club
Neanderthals at the ‘G fix
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Young Angus said:

Can we have a thread called "handbags at dawn" where all the bickering gets moved to, it just ends up clogging up an otherwise good thread with stuff no one else is interested in seeing.  

I can see the Herald-Sun headline now. 

DEMONLAND NEEDS TO URGENTLY SELF ASSESS.

The perception is the forum is on fire, that it is besieged by cultural and behavioural issues.

An insider speaks.

I for one, shall light some incense, adopt the padmasana position, briefly re-vist the 60's to prepare for tomorrow night. ♥️ ✌️🌹👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

https://youtu.be/XRbTvoxRNxM?si=JTg9KnTfPlHItJt8

• Haha 2