GAMEDAY: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

On the back of a disappointing Opening Round loss to the Swans in Sydney the Demons return to the MCG today to take on the the Western Bulldogs in a bid to even the ledger early in the 2024 season.

GameDayRd012024.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just finishing off a little soiree at The Manor. Good night all round and enjoying lashings for desert.

After a quick kip, your good old Uncle Bitter will be up and about to watch the Dees clean up the Doggies.

The highlight for me today will be, Kozzie's return, Clarrie's improvement from last week's run and Max bouncing back.

I'm also keen for Hore to go well - as I thought he was stiff when de listed.

The Dogs are no mugs and if the Dees are a bit off it could be dangerous 

DEES by 27 points.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Need the win. 0-2 start not ideal.

The doggies, however, are our bunnies. We'll be much better today and will win this one.

Max, Clarry, Trac and Fritschy to the fore.

Forecast to be a beautiful day. Looking forward to getting along to the G with my boy to cheer on the red and blue.

Go Dees

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Fanatique Demon said:

We’re heading to Tassie for a week or two and today we’ll be in Geelong. So I’ll be watching the game at the Sporting Globe. 
🙏Don’t ruin my holiday before it starts, Demons. 🙏

dont worry its th bag

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today we’ll find out if we’re a challenger this year. Dry weather football at the G. No weather excuses, and barring some unforeseen injury crisis, we’ll get a proper look.

• Like 1
  • Clap 2

Well here we all are again.

Laughter or tears.

Praise or criticism.

I'm not very confident but I'm glad footy is back.

As Uncle Bitters mentioned, good to see Kozzie back.

Us by elevensees.

( Maybe).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fanatique Demon said:

We’re heading to Tassie for a week or two and today we’ll be in Geelong. So I’ll be watching the game at the Sporting Globe. 
🙏Don’t ruin my holiday before it starts, Demons. 🙏

You know you can't drive to tassie I assume? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We have a car load coming to the game today, I am really looking forward to being back at the G surrounded by familiar faces and watching our regulars and newbies have a great game. Really interested in seeing how our boys respond to our off season issues. Dees by 30 in a hard fought tussle. Bring it on Dees.!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Winners at last said:

Playing for the Mitch Hannan cup.

I heard it was renamed the Triple-H: Harmes-Hunter-Hannon Cup. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Today it’s all about Gussy.

No one deserves a celebration of their incredible career more than our Gus.

We have Gussy helmets for sale ($20) at the back of Bay M3 from 11:45am ‘til 20 mins before the first bounce. Not many left but we’re hoping to sell them all as the entire proceeds will go to the Danny Frawley Foundation, very close to Gussy’s heart.

❤️💙

8149CEBE-DE3B-4467-BA3E-D1139D14911A.thumb.jpeg.12c8264b019e6d641cbcce33606dc728.jpeg
Or if you’re me…

647A9451-147D-4EAC-AD3E-833E55AD41D8.thumb.jpeg.c23c73432f55dd8a0167cefaeb7af105.jpeg

3A5DC9C3-C8E8-4751-8122-29C88B43DF7C.thumb.jpeg.d7efb03d1eb1f8acab0c3a295c0b9302.jpeg

😊

• Like 7
  • Love 7
  • Clap 5

Aside from wanting the win keen to see how we play in what looks to be perfect conditions. Reading the Casey match day thread and looking at today’s team we really don’t have much depth if any. We need a dream run with injuries this year. The Swans and Giants have shown the competition what’s required, what have we got?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gs77 said:

I heard it was renamed the Triple-H: Harmes-Hunter-Hannon Cup. 🤷‍♂️

I thought it would be the Cross Cup after Daniel.  

We have the perfect trophy collecting dust. 

IMG_5418.jpeg.9c40f4aa63b94aca7ef9daaba7fe0401.jpeg

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Demongirl35 said:

Really need Ben brown to have a good game because Petty is no where near ready. Worries me if he kicks 0 this week and doesn’t even look half decent 

Kicking 0 but competing and not letting his opponent take an intercept mark is a pass for me. Bring it to ground and let Kozi, Fritta, Tracc and the gang get to work. It's a week to week proposition, as we see how his body holds up to the rigours of the game in 2024

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

Kicking 0 and not letting his opponent take an intercept mark is a pass for me. Bring it to ground and let Kozi, Fritta, Tracc and the gang get to work. It's a week to week proposition, as we see how his body holds up to the rigours of the game in 2024

Yep, needs to lead away from Fritta and JvR and take a key defender with him

Couple of marks and a goal or two is a big win

Edited by Graeme Yeats' Mullet
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Today we’ll find out if we’re a challenger this year. Dry weather football at the G. No weather excuses, and barring some unforeseen injury crisis, we’ll get a proper look.

Yes, just worried about being to tall, and no cohesion with 5 ins...

Also our talls are nowhere near as mobile as theres

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Today it’s all about Gussy.

No one deserves a celebration of their incredible career more than our Gus.

We have Gussy helmets for sale ($20) at the back of Bay M3 from 11:45am ‘til 20 mins before the first bounce. Not many left but we’re hoping to sell them all as the entire proceeds will go to the Danny Frawley Foundation, very close to Gussy’s heart.

❤️💙

8149CEBE-DE3B-4467-BA3E-D1139D14911A.thumb.jpeg.12c8264b019e6d641cbcce33606dc728.jpeg
Or if you’re me…

647A9451-147D-4EAC-AD3E-833E55AD41D8.thumb.jpeg.c23c73432f55dd8a0167cefaeb7af105.jpeg

3A5DC9C3-C8E8-4751-8122-29C88B43DF7C.thumb.jpeg.d7efb03d1eb1f8acab0c3a295c0b9302.jpeg

😊

We all need to wear this against Collingwood on KB. Now that would make a statement 

• Like 3

My red & blue heart ALWAYS says the Dees.  Not exactly sure what my head is telling me this morning, but I’ll attribute the lack of clarity to last night’s red wine and cognac.  Dees by 11 points!

• Haha 1