Welcome to Demonland: Shane McAdam

FrothiesLiam

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Early days, but a forward who can’t kick over 30m shouldn’t be playing at this level. Either his body is cooked, or his confidence is cooked. 

Looks a bit of both at the moment. I am sure he can kick 50+ metres normally and with accuracy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kozzyisalegend said:

Off season this year

Out: Grundy, Jordan, harmes

In: mcadam, billings 

That is what I call stitched up. Absolute disgrace

Still probably an improvement on 2022!

• Like 1

On 30/05/2024 at 23:43, JTR said:

Only club with a forward coach that was a non-forward when they played?

Lets check...

Adelaide - Scott Burns
Brisbane - Murray Davis
Carlton - Jordan Russell
Collingwood - Justin Leppitsch
Essendon - Dale Tapping
Fremantle - Jaymie Graham
Geelong - James Rahilly
Gold Coast - Brad Miller
GWS - Jeremy Laidler
Hawthorn - Adrian Hickmott
North Melbourne - Xavier Clarke
Port Adelaide - Chad Cornes
Richmond - Kane Lambert
St Kilda - Robert Harvey
Sydney - Jarrad McVeigh
West Coast - Matthew Knights
Western Bulldogs - Matt Spangher

Not many names who can draw on their experience as forwards amongst that lot.

Actually zero ruckmen on this list. Only Dees having Greg (ripper bloke and Goodys mate) Stafford.  He’s got to go NOW

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BW511 said:

Regardless of everything else, when he has a set shot he kicks the ball like he’s protecting his hamstrings 

Why has the senior side become a rehab facility?

One of the issues for me is that we are carrying to many underdone players.
Carrying Clarry and Petty is one thing, carrying players who aren’t proven best 22 players and who can’t run out a game or kick more than 30m (see for example Hunter with his busted calf getting a starting role ahead of Woey yet again), is not helping us. It just increases the load on other players. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Angry 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BDA said:

Looks like we have a new DL whipping boy.

Looks like Dl has 23 new whipping boys

Edited by Demon_spurs
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, BDA said:

McAdam is certainly very very low on our list of problems. We got about 20 more pressing issues. 
Doesn’t mean that if he’s unfit and has no confidence in his body that he should be playing. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, kozzyisalegend said:

3 biggest whipping boys at Melbourne 

Schache 

Billings

Mcadam

All new recruits. Wonderful from JT

Not JT you should be pointing the finger at, it's Tim Lamb.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Early days, but a forward who can’t kick over 30m shouldn’t be playing at this level. Either his body is cooked, or his confidence is cooked. 

Clearly it’s his confidence.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Carrying Clarry and Petty is one thing, carrying players who aren’t proven best 22 players and who can’t run out a game or kick more than 30m (see for example Hunter with his busted calf getting a starting role ahead of Woey yet again), is not helping us. It just increases the load on other players. 

My best guess is there is some sort of performance based pressure hanging over the coach/coaching group. They seem desperate for some kind of Hail Mary to stick (Petty & McAdam). Something more significant than an AFL season.

Something is amiss amongst the whole group, I have no idea what but this seems like the end of the road for this group.

Perhaps the ongoing investigation has unearthed a lot of skeletons? 

Edited by BW511
  • Like 3

Needs to drop back to Casey for a block of games to get his fitness and confidence up, he just doesn’t look like a player in his current form. I want him to succeed but it’s not happening at the moment and setting a bad example for AMW, Kolt and Fullarton.

• Like 6
  • Clap 1

56 minutes ago, BDA said:

Poor Laurie, gets canned on the post match discussion thread despite not playing seniors and now his status as whipping boy has been forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Thought we'd see a bit more today after I've been a staunch supporter the past couple of weeks.. unfortunately not the case.

He definitely looks completely unfit and bereft of confidence.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Thought we'd see a bit more today after I've been a staunch supporter the past couple of weeks.. unfortunately not the case.

He definitely looks completely unfit and bereft of confidence.

Mate im nearly 67 and can kick 40 m in my prime could kick 60 65 methodically and consistently, second in the Sunkick !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

The attitude towards rehabbing and management of players has completely stumped me this year. Absolutely stumped me.

We start with Rd 0 and taking some massively underdone players into that game. 

We go to Rd 2 where our best defender cracks his ribs, is out for literally 10 days then comes back in only to cop it there early in the game against Adelaide and show signs of visable pain.

Again on Rd 2 where our other gun defender appears to tweak his knee, seems fine and a couple of months later has a concussion which at that point gets put in for surgery on his knee that he'd 'been playing through'. 

Rd 5 where Clarry hurts his hand and again is visably in pain throughout the game against Bris.

I could go on and on, I'm tired of it. Lambs to the slaughter.

Edited by layzie
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Actually Smacker is highly talented and has the skill to be a game buster.But he is simply presently not fit enough for AFL .He is not even close to being fit enough .He had a major run in with Burgo at Adelaide over his work levels while in rehab . and seems to have had the same issue here with his calf and hammmy rehab .Needs a mini preseason and a block of games at Casey before being considered for the Ones.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Not he hurt his shoulder before that, it looked bad, was just in front of me. For some reason he played out the game, the tackle was in the next quarter, he was clearly playing hurt for last quarter and a half. Those around me also saw it, we were all shocked he remained on the ground

Sub had been activated by then - already struggling and now an extra man down?

4 hours ago, kozzyisalegend said:

Off season this year

Out: Grundy, Jordan, harmes

In: mcadam, billings 

That is what I call stitched up. Absolute disgrace

you forget out Brayshaw, Smith

and in FullArton

3 hours ago, kozzyisalegend said:

3 biggest whipping boys at Melbourne 

Schache 

Billings

Mcadam

All new recruits. Wonderful from JT

plus FullArton

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, layzie said:

The attitude towards rehabbing and management of players has completely stumped me this year. Absolutely stumped me.

We start with Rd 0 and taking some massively underdone players into that game. 

We go to Rd 2 where our best defender cracks his ribs, ia out for literally 10 days then comes back in only to cop it there early in a game and show signs of visable pain.

Again on Rd 2 where our other gun defender appears to tweak his knee, seems fine and a couple of months later has a concussion which at that point gets put in for surgery on his knee that he'd 'been playing through'. 

Rd 5 where Clarry hurts his hand and again is visably in pain throughout the game against Bris.

I could go on and on, I'm tired of it. Lambs to the slaughter.

Plus the mis management of Oliver's hamstring injury last year when he was up and running on on the Monday morning after coming after the game against Port doing his hammy.

The funniest one is when we randomly rushed in Charlie Spargo for round 9 against Sydney and he put in one of the all time stinkers you'll see..

Daniel Turner selection was even more mind boggling off the back of a 3 week calf injury.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1