GAMEDAY: Rd 23 vs Hawthorn

Demonland

It's Game Day and the Demons have the perfect opportunity to sew up a position in the Top 4 prior to the final game of the season. A loss will ensure that the Dees need to either draw or beat the Swans next week to claim the double chance. But first let's just beat the Hawks.

GameDayRd232023.png

• Like 3

We simply must win. There is no ifs buts, or maybe‘s.
This is a must win as it is the following week.
I feel as though we’ve all been getting comfortable, thinking that as long as we get a double chance, it doesn’t really matter where we play the MCG, Adelaide Oval or the Gabba because we reckon we go alright at those grounds… foolish mindset  

Sneak under the radar with a regulation win or absolutely belt the Hawks and make people raise their eyebrows?

• Like 5

I love FOUR' N TWENTY, I just wanna eat the Pies at MCG in QF.

Go Dees!

1 hour ago, Min Xie said:

I love FOUR' N TWENTY, I just wanna eat the Pies at MCG in QF.

Go Dees!

Jean Claude Van Damme Ok GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, redandbluemakepurple said:

Bailey Laurie.  2 games for 8 possies.  Time for a PB to make the FD look smart and me stupid.  No harm in hoping.

Better option than Jordan, who would have been the alternative and is totally out of form, or Spargo, who doesn’t get much of it either despite being a lot more experienced 

• Thinking 2

5 hours ago, McQueen said:

We simply must win. There is no ifs buts, or maybe‘s.
This is a must win as it is the following week.
I feel as though we’ve all been getting comfortable, thinking that as long as we get a double chance, it doesn’t really matter where we play the MCG, Adelaide Oval or the Gabba because we reckon we go alright at those grounds… foolish mindset  

Sneak under the radar with a regulation win or absolutely belt the Hawks and make people raise their eyebrows?

We ? The fans? The club? We were on a winning streak until a [censored] goal umpiring soft call in a match befitting of a prelim. Where are we getting comfortable? Save that line if we come out lazily and lose v Hawthorn please.

If you mean we as in us fans, well it's a psychological defence mechanism isn't it? Trying to be positive and make the most of a difficult situation with potential interstate travel.

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 2

Just now, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Four Points. No injuries. Is that too much to ask for? 

Getting greedy Rab...😆

It feels like this year, there are so many more matches than usual that go down to the wire. I am not sure if this is statistically correct - and I expect most of this match it will be 15 points to either team most of the match until the last few minutes again... sometimes it feels all a little contrived.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Getting greedy Rab...😆

It feels like this year, there are so many more matches than usual that go down to the wire. I am not sure if this is statistically correct - and I expect most of this match it will be 15 points to either team most of the match until the last few minutes again... sometimes it feels all a little contrived.

This year has shades of 1990 about it where there is no one standout side. I feel we blew an opportunity to bag a flag that year and hope history doesn't repeat itself. I was super confident until Harry Petty's injury. 

• Like 6

We don't make life easy for ourselves unfortunately. I expect nervy affair.

Their youthful exuberance against our battle-hardened experience. Close for 3 quarters but we'll pull away in the 4th to win by 20 points.

Hoping Bill Laurie can contribute and show us what he can do.

Go Dees.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vitamin Dee said:

I have a sneaky feeling that Kozzie Pickett might just turn this one on its head. 

Last home game, Maxy's 200, Nibbler's 150th.  Why won't he. 

I don't know much about Laurie but I wonder if the MCwant a look at him pre-finals just in case???? 

Anyone theories on his selection from anyone on here?

2 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Last home game, Maxy's 200, Nibbler's 150th.  Why won't he. 

I don't know much about Laurie but I wonder if the MCwant a look at him pre-finals just in case???? 

Anyone theories on his selection from anyone on here?

Laurie has been playing well for Casey, but I am surprised we picked him for this game.

Maybe we want to give him a chance to see if he stays or goes, maybe we wanted someone with good foot skills, or maybe we just wanted something a bit different, to see if it gives us a spark.

In other words I haven’t got a clue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We simply need to win.  If we don’t, it tells us a lot about where we are at just before finals (that would not be a good place).  We play these sorts of teams well, if we hold our defensive structured it should be a clinical result for us.

Maysy will be in the defenders ears this morning:

Gesticulate wildly like you’ve touched the ball, even if you’re nowhere near it, and

Slap the goal post to take the edge technology out.

Do those 2 things and we can’t lose.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I’ve been thinking that we need to make a good start to the game after three consecutive games of slow starts but recent history over a number of matches is telling us differently. 

And I don’t understand the negativity of some people given that of all the teams in the competition, we have the highest percentage at this late stage of the season.

So, I’m confident that we’ll be in front at the end of the day

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

This year has shades of 1990 about it where there is no one standout side. I feel we blew an opportunity to bag a flag that year and hope history doesn't repeat itself. I was super confident until Harry Petty's injury. 

I agree entirely. I have always thought that 1990 was the one that got away. And I also was completely confident with Petty in the form he was in. 

Now we need to make a statement to the rest of the comp - we need to win with authority! And then TMac in next week to provide at least an option.

Anything better than Heading to the G on a lovely August day?

We are top 4 and have a genuine chance to win our 2nd flag in 3 years

Our premiership captain is playing his 200th game

How good is life?!

• Like 11
  • Love 6