What they are saying at Princes Park

23 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

To be fair, I've seen many posters on Demonland arguing that players coming back from injury should be held over for one more week to make sure they are fully fit.  

I have no interest in fairness to the Scum. None.

Their inference was "panic"

We've actually been SUPER  cautious. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BigFez said:

image.png.c3e30447e4f328b2d7c15ac4a8563527.png

Hibbo subbed on. Goes back.

Clarry "underdone" goes forward and the ball is locked inside our forward 50 because Carlton can't win a stoppage.

Kosi kicks 3 as a result.

Carlton cries.

Happiness. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 10
  • Clap 1

On 8/10/2023 at 12:09 AM, DeelightfulPlay said:

Like a good nibling, I've followed Uncle BBO's directive, got on the hazmat suit and waded through the Bluebaggers' Big Footy forum...

The supporters keen on NEW Carlton...

Please bookmark this: WE WILL GO THROUGH THE REMAINING GAMES OF 2023 UNDEFEATED.
Response:  You’re a bit late to the party, but ok

Further response: 98% here thought we won’t be playing finals.  Just saying….

Our team is full of confidence & buying into a beautifully balanced gameplan.  Importantly - playing at the G, a ground we love in front of a massive Carlton Home Crowd.  The Oppo's have a dodgy forward line, devoid of quality marking threats - granted they have a few handy smalls!  They are spluttering along - behind Vs North for 1/2 the game last week.

Winning this would be one of the biggest statement wins this century. It would make us premiership favourite, or equal premiership favourite ... All the bad luck, all the things which have gone wrong all the injuries and all the bottom end finishes over the last 20 years, if any side is due for some luck it's us. Roll into the finals series with a fit list and all our stars available then good luck to anyone in stopping us.

And the unconverted...

We can't win!

Response:  is that you Stephen May?

Demons by 34 points ... Don't worry, all is not lost, we will meet them in the last 2 weeks of the finals and with our players back, it will be a different story. The winner of this game is almost premiership favourite

On intensity and momentum swings...

There was enough evidence to believe we can sustain the pressure and intensity for four quarters, but could the Saints? Turns out they couldn't.
Now I ask again, can the Dees bring the intensity for 4 full quarters? They bloody better, because we will.

Dees havent been flash in the last two games however having so much quality out against a bonafide top 2/4 side is going to be difficult but we are talking about the NEW Carlton.

Melbourne would have to play close to four solid quarters to beat us I reckon … they tend to fade in and out of games … I think we’ll jump out of the blocks quickly and they won’t catch us

Someone thinks Bigfooty is the only forum in town...

Judging by the measly 43 contributions to the game thread on the Melbourne board, I would say we can aim at making up a massive chunk of the crowd and spurring the lads on again.

Response:  Hoping for a big dump of snow at Falls and Buller this week.

Further response:  Due to their recent success, they now do ski season in August to be back by finals.

They mainly focused on their own players, but some fun posts are...

Must sit on picket and rough him up.  Put him in a cage with Crippa for pre game warm up ??

Up againt man mountain Gawn, some people want to drop Pitto for JSOS? No chance.

Gawn the X factor - Pitto to batter him fairly, but incessantly (he doesn't like that)....

Huge opportunity this weekend to cause havoc and fear in the top 4 teams' heads.

Stopping Petracca is not realistic, just hope he doesn't murder us ... Plenty of other things to consider against Melbourne, too. Gawn is a beast, so both TDK and Pitto need to be up for that. May could totally blanket Charlie, so he'll need to get on his bike and be selfless. Kozzie is electric and only needs a sniff and Melksham is the type to break our hearts - and has done it before!

Don't even know what's happening here...

One of the many reasons I hate Melbourne is because the West Perth Football Club, mortal enemies of my beloved East Perth the home of Chris Judd in his one sublime game for us when he was three classes above every other player on the ground and Syd Jackson have stolen Melbourne's God awful club song, I only wish I could be there on saturday, do some screaming for me folks and lets have a win.

On Oliver being back...

Hope he plays, awesome footballer and wish we’d gone through with the poaching attempt, but he hasn’t played for 3 months and just won’t be able to play his normal role to anything near his ceiling.
Just saw a clip on AFL360, he hasn’t completed one single training session yet. From his own mouth

Response: He literally couldn’t even put a sentence together.  He sounds like my brother after he tried to take enough acid to travel to another dimension.

Clayton Oliver is most likely back this week.  I honestly think he should switch codes to Union. The Wallabies need all the bloody good throwers they can get 🙂

Oliver might be back but has had a long layoff and might be nervous. 

re the Saints v Blues game...

It was like Muhamad Ali taking punches against the ropes for the first 5 rounds, then comes out and unleashes his special combination punches for the knock out.  I am trusting we can do the same to the Demons.

My favourite...

Melksham also sees it as his God given right to ice games against us too. I fear he'll be up for that again.

My head is spinning round like in Exorcist in a neat, and excoriating, replication of all those Blues fans’ comments

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, No. 31 said:

Carlton and surrounds does have some decent culinary spots ... just off the top of my head ... Carlton Wine Room, King & Godfree, DOC, Abla's, Kazuki's, Etta, La Luna ...

Cheers for the update. Is your avatar post '64?  Only time I saw RDB play was at Princess Park just prior to his retirement as captain coach. On tonight's appearance at the 'G to quote PJK ‘Can a soufflé rise twice?’

8 minutes ago, Tarax Club said:

Cheers for the update. Is your avatar post '64?  Only time I saw RDB play was at Princess Park just prior to his retirement as captain coach. On tonight's appearance at the 'G to quote PJK ‘Can a soufflé rise twice?’

Yes, the avatar is RDB from post 1964, from his Carlton days 😊 He played before my time but you can't help but admire what the man achieved in footy and he arguably ushered in a new era of modern football in the 60s and 70s in several ways.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 10:32 PM, Wadda We Sing said:

Think i might duck down to Lygon St before the game for a Lasagna Petracca with some Olivers..

Perfect choice! You'll feel inwardly strengthened for the game.