PREGAME: Rd 15 vs Geelong

Demonland

The Demons have earned a well earned rest during the bye week and will head down the Princes Freeway as they are required to every year to take on Geelong at GMHBA Stadium in a bid to embed themselves into the Top 4. Who comes in and who goes out?

IMG_6665.jpeg

• Like 4

IN: Oliver, Petty

OUT: Spargo, Smith

Big SparGod fan but Chandler presents more upside. ANBs photographic collection of Goody ensures he remains in the 22, too.

Smith unlucky

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

For mine is Spargo out and Clarry in. We are playing one too many smalls up forward who aren’t giving us enough. 

Hard squeeze with Bowey unless we want to rest Hibbo again. 
Petty is obviously a walk up start too if he’s fit. But he may not be?

Tough selection week. 

• Like 6

A nice dilemma for the match committee.  
Oliver the obvious in - maybe for Spargo,  or Kozzie who has been a big disappointment since his suspension.   
Petty maybe if he is fully fit but for whom?  Both Smith and Tomlinson did ok today in their own ways IMVHO.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Abyssal said:

Out: Spargo  In: Bowey , small forward 

Out: Chandler  In: Oliver

Out : Neal-Bullen  In: Petty, if available,

Smith to play ANB’s role.

Chandler Sub

Really like the Spargo for Bowey fwd swap....

My call is Kozzie for Clarry  - he needs to refocus in the 2's.

Petty may be a few weeks yet.....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Neitas bump said:

Could Bowey play Spargos role in the forward line? He is similar in that he is elite by foot and cool under pressure. Can kick it further than spargo and is more likely to convert his opportunities 

From what I remember seeing of Bowey as a junior he wasn’t really a natural at making play when he was at half forward or at pressuring. Looked better on the wing  

I wouldn’t mind seeing him as the 3rd winger and a very high half forward coming up to stoppages and even as a midfielder post centre bounce.

More of the role Nibbler 

But I’d have to trial it at Casey first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adonski said:

IN: Oliver, Petty

OUT: Spargo, Smith

Big SparGod fan but Chandler presents more upside. ANBs photographic collection of Goody ensures he remains in the 22, too.

Smith unlucky

Smith needs to stay in. Play Petty forward and keep Tomlinson back. Drop Chandler

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

How insane is it that Geelong have 75,000 members, Melbourne have 65,000, and they'll play at a stadium in front of 21,000 people next week? How the AFL signed off on this is ridiculous.

It's bad for the sport. All this garbage about growing the game and you have at least 30,000 people who can't get in to see 2 top 8 sides play each other.

I hope someone points it out to the media. It's an absolute own goal by the AFL. Move it to Marvel if you want, but move it. I struggle to think of another game where they are wilfully locking out so many people - Geelong fans included.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Clap 4
  • Angry 1

I wonder whether the shape of Alphabet Stadium impacts our selection at all. Will be interesting to see. 

I think we need to have a look at a forward line with all of JVR, Smith and Petty in it. All very good competitors so can probably let one of Spargo or Chandler make way?

Love Bowza but not sure if he comes in immediately unless they give Pig another freshen up. Perhaps Thommo goes out to make way, with the option for Petty to swing back if needed....but I'd prefer we stick to 3 talls. 

Oliver comes in but for who, not sure. 

Funny how much depth we seem to have all of a sudden 🤔😅

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

WILDCARDS by KC from Casey

Casey’s season continued to drift into helplessness on Sunday when they lost another home game by a narrow margin, this time six points, in their Round 13 clash with North Melbourne’s VFL combination. The game was in stunning contrast to their last meeting at the same venue when Casey won the VFL Wildcard Match by 101 points. Back then, their standout players were Brodie Grundy and James Jordon who are starring in the AFL with ladder leaders, the Sydney Swans (it turned out to be their last

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

LIFE SUPPORT by Whispering Jack

With Melbourne’s season hanging on a thread, Saturday night’s game against North Melbourne unfolded like a scene in a hospital emergency department.  The patient presented to the ward in a bad way. Doctors and nurses pumped life-saving medication into his body and, in the ensuing half hour, he responded with blood returning to his cheeks as he stirred back to life. After a slight relapse, the nurses pumped further medication into the bloodstream and the prognosis started looking good as the

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 19

PREGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The Demons head back on the road for their fifth interstate trip this season when they head up to Brisbane to take on the Lions under lights on Friday night at the Gabba. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 150

PODCAST: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 25th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Kangaroos in the Round 15. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 44

VOTES: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over the injured reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Alex Neal-Bullen, Steven May, & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Kangaroos. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 51

POSTGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

The Demons almost blew a six goal lead and ultimately hung on to win by three points over the North Melbourne Kangaroos at the MCG and have temporarily jumped back into the Top 8.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 565

GAMEDAY: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

It's Game Day and it very well could be the last roll of the dice for the Demon's finals aspirations in 2024. A loss to the bottom side would be another embarrassing moment in a cursed year for the Dees whilst a win could be the spark they need to reignite the fire in the belly.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 709

THE HUNTER by The Oracle

Something struck me as I sat on the couch watching the tragedy of North Melbourne’s attempt to beat Collingwood unfold on Sunday afternoon at the MCG.    It was three quarter time, the scoreboard had the Pies on 12.7.79, a respectable 63.16% in terms of goal kicking ratio. Meanwhile, the Roos’ 18.2.110 was off the charts at 90.00% shooting accuracy. I was thinking at the same time of Melbourne’s final score only six days before, a woeful 6.15.51 or 28.57% against Collingwood’s 14.5.89

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 8

FROZEN by Whispering Jack

Who would have thought?    Collingwood had a depleted side with several star players out injured, Max Gawn was in stellar form, Christian Petracca at the top of his game and Simon Goodwin was about to pull off a masterstroke in setting Alex Neal-Bullen onto him to do a fantastic job in subduing the Magpies' best player. Goody had his charges primed to respond robustly to the challenge of turning around their disappointing performance against Fremantle in Alice Springs. And if not that, t

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 7
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!