I’m not posting during games any more!

gregdemon

I made a fool of myself posting dumb comments during swans game. No excuse just get too involved in watching game (and angry)  Apologies all round   Type things spur of the moment that I do not mean.  NO more posting till after or before match   Brillant effort by all concerned against the swans.   I love my boys in blue and red   Go Dees

GW

• Like 20
  • Love 1
  • Clap 3

I occasionally read it a few years ago to hate read the MFCSS swing into ‘bolted-on confidence’ when wins followed a poor start.

You can weed out the space cadets on here too by poking your head in there.

• Like 2

Gameday Thread is nuts!  Passionate, but nuts.  It’s like a stream of consciousness digging into our collective insecurities.

Usually reads like we’re getting smashed by 10 goals, even when we’re winning.

I don’t really check it much anymore but no one should apologise for what they’ve written there.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I read pre and post game. Cannot read during game. Mostly hyper negative comments then i look at scoreboard and we are 5 goals in front !

Took a brief look before half time against Swans someone posted Viney was passed it. That was it for me. Post game thread is good.

During the game pure hysterics.

• Like 5

I think we’ve all posted something we could probably take back.
Rarely enter or post during a game these days. Apart from the negative comments, the umpires get mentioned way too much for my liking. It’s no different to other teams forums though. 
How some can watch the game and post numerous times simultaneously is actually quite impressive.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

But guys it’s footy. 
It’s full of emotion, opinions and nonsense. 
Normally rational people, become intoxicated with the whole thing and quickly move between Jekyll  and Hyde. It’s crazy but that’s footy and that’s people. We all have a bit of white line fever. I’m a quiet reflective guy but I was a raving lunatic on Sunday. 

• Like 20
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

Too many are totally radio rental. It colours the interesting insights offered by many. 

• Like 3

• Whispering_Jack changed the title to I’m not posting during games any more!
1 hour ago, hemingway said:

But guys it’s footy. 
Normally rational people, become intoxicated with the whole thing and quickly move between Jekyll  and Hyde. It’s crazy but that’s footy and that’s people. We all have a bit of white line fever. I’m a quiet reflective guy but I was a raving lunatic on Sunday. 

Sometimes I wonder how my missus copes with my rants and antics when I am watching the Dees. I am definitely a very lucky guy 😁

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hemingway said:

But guys it’s footy. 

This, it's what the game day thread is for, especially those who can't be at the game and vent there, it's passion, like some have said if you don't like it don't go on there.

• Clap 2

2 hours ago, hemingway said:

But guys it’s footy. 

14 minutes ago, loges said:

This, it's what the game day thread is for, especially those who can't be at the game and vent there, it's passion, like some have said if you don't like it don't go on there.

I couldn't be there so foolishly visited the gameday thread for some insight.  There's really no excuse or explanation for the stupidity posted in there except for stupidity.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, old55 said:

I couldn't be there so foolishly visited the gameday thread for some insight.  There's really no excuse or explanation for the stupidity posted in there except for stupidity.

How is it different from sitting in the stands?

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, gregdemon said:

I made a fool of myself posting dumb comments during swans game. No excuse just get too involved in watching game (and angry)  Apologies all round   Type things spur of the moment that I do not mean.  NO more posting till after or before match   Brillant effort by all concerned against the swans.   I love my boys in blue and red   Go Dees

GW

No the thing I can never understand when getting beaten in the midfield they leave the same set-up instead of stopping the bleeding change the match ups or stand in different positions just slow it down.

The swans gave up the ghost in the last quarter but was happy they left JVR on the ground,  fristch has to stop flying with everyone and do what he does best, lead and isolate his opponent to be one on one marking contest and was happy with Petty creating a contest to bring the ball to ground.

They still have a problem with transferring the ball but I think that will take a bit of time because they have been used to playing one side of the ground and we saw that again Sunday when thing tightened up but what was positive was Chandler, McVee dishing it off as first option and making good decisions. 

Sparrow And Viney have to stop trying to take on their opposition all the time and running back into trouble dish it off for gods sake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, demon3165 said:

No the thing I can never understand when getting beaten in the midfield they leave the same set-up instead of stopping the bleeding change the match ups or stand in different positions just slow it down.

The swans gave up the ghost in the last quarter but was happy they left JVR on the ground,  fristch has to stop flying with everyone and do what he does best, lead and isolate his opponent to be one on one marking contest and was happy with Petty creating a contest to bring the ball to ground.

They still have a problem with transferring the ball but I think that will take a bit of time because they have been used to playing one side of the ground and we saw that again Sunday when thing tightened up but what was positive was Chandler, McVee dishing it off as first option and making good decisions. 

Sparrow And Viney have to stop trying to take on their opposition all the time and running back into trouble dish it off for gods sake.

Whoa, could you please put this in game day/post match? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, loges said:

How is it different from sitting in the stands?

There's plenty of stupid stuff said there too but committing it to writing is extra stupid

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

14 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Is this your game day post ?  

• Haha 2

It could be a moment to check your pulse and maybe consider doing a bit of deliberate work on how you regulate your emotions.

Coincidentally it was Round for Reach and the Reach organisation does a lot of that kind of thing. They'd have a bunch of resources online and links to other sources, too.

If deliberately taking control of your emotions is good enough for Trish Broadbridge, Jim Stynes, Max Gawn and a host of other legends, why not any of us?

• Like 1

Pre-game posting can be cathartic and sometimes fun. During the game the raw emotion roller-coaster can be too intense and ultimately taxing. Felt like pulling the demon jet out of an almost 😅 terminal dive. Hopefully. learnt my lesson?  As a survivor of full blown MFCSS, still take an occasional peek to check the pulse of the Demonlandscape.

Edited by Tarax Club
Good thread getting rowdy though…
  • Like 3