Ticketing 2023

sue

18 minutes ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

I'm down in Melb next week and will go to the game against the Roos.  I've got 3 guests coming, assume this means we all book even if hoping to sit near the DA?

(Paging the most knowledgeable of us all, @WalkingCivilWar)

Yeah you should book. Since you’re a DA member, and it won’t be a huge crowd, there shouldn’t be an issue. 👍🏽

• Love 1

I normally sit in the AFL members but tonight was sitting on the ground level of the Olympic stand and it was actioned packed 

At 3/4 several supporters near me stood up to yell at the Richmond clowns in the next bay. There were some swear words dropped but in the scheme of footy crowds it was very tame. Late primary school age kid sitting in my row starts crying from the rowdiness & their dad gets into a verbal with the yelling supporters. Proceeds to threaten the guy which only made the kid cry more. 

next week I’m going back to the AFL members where no one cares what happens 😁

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

Ta, WCW!  Hope you had a great evening cheering on the boys through that intense game!

How good was that?! The last quarter was nuts! Gonna watch the replay as soon as I get home since we were kicking to the city end in the last therefore I didn’t see much of the action. 😁 Probs not gonna watch the first half coz Richmond and the umpiring.

Seeya next Saturday night at the ‘G!

YEAH THE DEES!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Interesting to note that both Viney and Chandler (as well as Goodwin) all mentioned how they appreciated having a big Melbourne crowd. It does make a difference. 
I know I keep repeating, the best thing we can do as fans for the team is to turn up and make some real noise.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

53 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

How good was that?! The last quarter was nuts! Gonna watch the replay as soon as I get home since we were kicking to the city end in the last therefore I didn’t see much of the action. 😁 Probs not gonna watch the first half coz Richmond and the umpiring.

Seeya next Saturday night at the ‘G!

YEAH THE DEES!

Seemed to me where I sat that you guys had on both sides of the DA lots and lots of Richmond supporters.  Are they seats allocated to them or am I reading into this far too deeply?  Just seemed so wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Seemed to me where I sat that you guys had on both sides of the DA lots and lots of Richmond supporters.  Are they seats allocated to them or am I reading into this far too deeply?  Just seemed so wrong. 

Unfortunately that’s not in our control. Our bay (M3) is always Melbourne only and as of the beginning of this season M4 is unofficially ours as well. This is for those who wanna be ground level and close to the boundary but would rather not have flags etc. obscuring their view. Because of the size of the crowd tonight the bays on either side of us were GA and it just so happens that we were flanked by heaps of their supporters, which sucked for the first three quarters but was ok for the last. ❤️💙

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Unfortunately that’s not in our control. Our bay (M3) is always Melbourne only and as of the beginning of this season M4 is unofficially ours as well. This is for those who wanna be ground level and close to the boundary but would rather not have flags etc. obscuring their view. Because of the size of the crowd tonight the bays on either side of us were GA and it just so happens that we were flanked by heaps of their supporters, which sucked for the first three quarters but was ok for the last. ❤️💙

Might as well start a conspiracy theory here.
I presume at Richmond’s home games their cheer-squad sit at the Punt Rd goals.  This would attract a lot of their supporters to sit either side of them.
If that is the case, I then reckon the Tiger nuffies that sat either side of the DA forgot that this was not their home game. No need to fact check this, Fox News says that is exactly what happened.

I’m glad you guys enjoyed the last quarter. It would have been fun.

• Like 1

Great turnout and will get bigger if dees remain upstairs and Tiges improve next year. Sort of becoming a major social event.

Wont hold my breath for a big crowd on Satdee against Norff.  40K, ok. Wont be any neutrals at this game. Must of been alot there last night.

11 hours ago, deegirl said:

I normally sit in the AFL members but tonight was sitting on the ground level of the Olympic stand and it was actioned packed 

At 3/4 several supporters near me stood up to yell at the Richmond clowns in the next bay. There were some swear words dropped but in the scheme of footy crowds it was very tame. Late primary school age kid sitting in my row starts crying from the rowdiness & their dad gets into a verbal with the yelling supporters. Proceeds to threaten the guy which only made the kid cry more. 

next week I’m going back to the AFL members where no one cares what happens 😁

I was in AFL Members. I'd estimate it was where 70% of Richmond supporters on the night were sitting. And they outnumbered Melbourne supporters in the area 10 to 1. But I swear we were louder and way more "into it", the few of us that were sitting there.

When Oliver kicked the goal at the end of the third, it's the loudest I've ever heard the AFL Reserve from Melbourne supporters. It was insane. In the fourth quarter it felt like *we* outnumbered them 10 to 1. 

Overall I'd say the crowd was 55:45 in favour of Richmond. That's my assessment from spending time in both AFL Reserve and MCC with a mate for the first half of the third. 

That's really good all things considered. We need a similar turnout when we play Collingwood.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wodjathefirst said:

I presume at Richmond’s home games their cheer-squad sit at the Punt Rd goals.  This would attract a lot of their supporters to sit either side of them.
If that is the case, I then reckon the Tiger nuffies that sat either side of the DA forgot that this was not their home game. No need to fact check this, Fox News says that is exactly what happened.

That makes a lot of sense, Wodja. Except some of the more obnoxious Richmond supporters may not have “forgotten” it wasn’t their home game. Hashtag [censored] Stirrers be [censored] Stirrers. 

11 hours ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Interesting to note that both Viney and Chandler (as well as Goodwin) all mentioned how they appreciated having a big Melbourne crowd. It does make a difference. 
I know I keep repeating, the best thing we can do as fans for the team is to turn up and make some real noise.

One of the problems W is the AFL seem to go out of their way to prevent big crowds e.g. Thursday night games that prevent fans from attending games. People have to work the next day and kids have to go to school. For the AFL it is all about TV. going to games runs a bad second.

1 hour ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Might as well start a conspiracy theory here.

I’m glad you guys enjoyed the last quarter. It would have been fun.

Fox News!! well that would make it correct for certain.

3 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

25-35k, about 80% of which will be dees fans

I wont be there, late Saturday night game, weather 13 by game time with showers. Thank god for Kayo!

Edited by old dee

1 hour ago, praha said:

I was in AFL Members. I'd estimate it was where 70% of Richmond supporters on the night were sitting. And they outnumbered Melbourne supporters in the area 10 to 1. But I swear we were louder and way more "into it", the few of us that were sitting there.

When Oliver kicked the goal at the end of the third, it's the loudest I've ever heard the AFL Reserve from Melbourne supporters. It was insane. In the fourth quarter it felt like *we* outnumbered them 10 to 1. 

Overall I'd say the crowd was 55:45 in favour of Richmond. That's my assessment from spending time in both AFL Reserve and MCC with a mate for the first half of the third. 

That's really good all things considered. We need a similar turnout when we play Collingwood.

nah not even close to correct. AFL reserve we are always outnumbered, would have been about 40K of us, 35K of them and the rest neutrals. Mcc was a 90/10 split our way, level 2A of the AFL was about 60:40 to them and level 4 GA areas were completely red. Our reserved seat areas were also 95% full. 

At a minimum we had 10K in our reserved seat areas, 18K in the MCC, 10K in GA/level 4. already at 38K with that.

Northern side of the ground was nearly entirely Melbourne. Very difficult to judge when sitting in the AFL reserve because it feels louder for them because that's where they are sitting. Even the Level 1 reserved seats for general public had at least 25% Melbourne support in them.

1 minute ago, FearTheBeard said:

Anyone thinking 40K against North Melbourne is dreaming, they will bring a max of 5K, not like Sydney who brought 10K.

King's Birthday should get close to 90K if we could get 84K against a struggling Richmond.

I am hopeful we can look at that 1960 99,000 odd H and A record?

How good would it be to break that and defeat Pies on that stage and possibly go to First spot on the ladder!!

4 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

Anyone thinking 40K against North Melbourne is dreaming, they will bring a max of 5K, not like Sydney who brought 10K.

King's Birthday should get close to 90K if we could get 84K against a struggling Richmond.

Maybe 30,00 or up to 35,000 ??? 

1 hour ago, old dee said:

One of the problems W is the AFL seem to go out of their way to prevent big crowds e.g. Thursday night games that prevent fans from attending games. People have to work the next day and kids have to go to school. For the AFL it is all about TV. going to games runs a bad second.

Stupid comment as AFL are having record crowds all over the shop. 

Yes Thursday night is really put on for TV sake and is likely to be about 5,000 down on any figure. But other times are pretty consistent day or night or twilight. 

56 minutes ago, old dee said:

I wont be there, late Saturday night game, weather 13 by game time with showers. Thank god for Kayo!

Any other negatives Old Dee? Hope the weather does change bit early to take forecast for certain before teams announced.

Oh and how are the trains? Pity about the Airport line bring cancelled isn't it?