TRAINING: Wednesday 22nd February 2023

Demonland

10 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I certainly do know, Daise. I hear a lot about the players and if you think it doesn’t kill me to keep my mouth shut you’ve got rocks in your head.

🤐 😭

The crying emoji worries me WCW. Hope it’s not too serious.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

The crying emoji worries me WCW. Hope it’s not too serious.

The crying emoji is because I can’t share anything. (If you think the Club don’t keep an eye on DL, think again.)

Though I’m sure it’s fine for me to say it’s indeed not too serious. 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 13
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

11 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

The crying emoji is because I can’t share anything. (If you think the Club don’t keep an eye on DL, think again.)

Good, let's keep it that way 😜

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Hold the line WCW

image.png.cfd48c81e0e145286f5b888f188080ec.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

I don’t think it’s a good idea to mess around with a young tall too often but JVR’s ability to play back is probably what makes him more of a sub candidate. He could slot in as a back pocket, move Gus to cover an injured midfielder. That’s a way to cover forward, mid and back 

he can't play back pocket, unless its on that hybrid type like Gunston.  We have the talls on the ground to cover if an injury occurred, i can see us using another one as a sub. 

• Like 1

Thanks once again for the reports, it really helps make it real up here in QLD. 

If the club really watch DL then they should realise what a valuable resource it is and do everything they can to support it, the work Andy does and the podcast as well with regular guests.

if ever fit Joel Smith would be an ideal sub. Plays tall and short at either end.

Again thanks

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Fritsch ruled out of the St Kilda practice match with foot soreness as a result of a teammate trampling on it.

Club hopes he’ll play some minutes next week Vs Richmond.

Thanks BBP.  Great news if reliable. This would indicate that he’s been cleared of any significant structural damage.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DeeMee said:

Thanks once again for the reports, it really helps make it real up here in QLD. 

If the club really watch DL then they should realise what a valuable resource it is and do everything they can to support it, the work Andy does and the podcast as well with regular guests.

if ever fit Joel Smith would be an ideal sub. Plays tall and short at either end.

Again thanks

I mean, they don’t have a team of 100 private eyes scouring DL with a fine-tooth comb 24/7 or anything. But it would be remiss of them to not be aware of what’s happening on forums such as DL. And they must have no problem with DL because if they did, I’m sure Andy would know about it. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I certainly do know, Daise. I hear a lot about the players and if you think it doesn’t kill me to keep my mouth shut you’ve got rocks in your head.

🤐 😭

Is “rocks in your head” a clue WCW?

another brick in the backpack causing concussion perhaps?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

He is basically our best forward, so if he has anything serious going on we are stuffed.

Fingers crossed just precaution. 

Sure Frittata is very important, but to say we are stuffed if he doesn’t play is overly pessimistic in my view.  
Of course would be sorely missed but one man’s misfortune is another’s opportunity NB JVR Schack 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Demonland said:

Kye Turner is wearing number 33. New number perhaps?

Might he ever become a Gary Hardeman as a result of this number allocation? About the same height, at least. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AzzKikA said:

There has been a lot of talk about JvRs ground work, not sure why he wouldn't be a good option for Frittas role as in that area it would be an upgrade if the reports are anything to go by.

No one has suggested JVR  "is an upgrade" in ground work  on our much loved and very classy forward in Fritta.

What has been reported and been on show from JVR is that he has strings to his bow with his ground work is very workmanlike and is good for a player of his height and size. And he has great persistence and second and third efforts to offer. 

I believe JVR could play in the Bayley Fritsch mould and replace him if required but I still think Fritta's all round skills in the air on the ground and kicking or snapping for goal are hard to beat.

Let's just see JVR develop his skills and become the best he can and I am sure he will thrill us just like Fritta does each week.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 58er said:

No one has suggested JVR  "is an upgrade" in ground work  on our much loved and very classy forward in Fritta.

What has been reported and been on show from JVR is that he has strings to his bow with his ground work is very workmanlike and is good for a player of his height and size. And he has great persistence and second and third efforts to offer. 

I believe JVR could play in the Bayley Fritsch mould and replace him if required but I still think Fritta's all round skills in the air on the ground and kicking or snapping for goal are hard to beat.

Let's just see JVR develop his skills and become the best he can and I am sure he will thrill us just like Fritta does each week.

Tbh Frittas second and third efforts are rare, which is fine by me I love the work the bloke does and there isn't much more we can ask if him.

My point was that would we really be at a disadvantage like others are saying by playing BBB, TMAC, JvR and Gawndy if trackwatchers reports of JvRs second and third efforts are as intense as they say they are.

I haven't seen the kid play so I have no first hand impressions and have to rely on reports from here, I'm asking the question coz I really don't know either way.

• Like 1

All this talk about JVR being ready and primmed, well for what its worth Ben Brown has been in career best form in practice match Sims and I just cannot see how he misses out!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Might he ever become a Gary Hardeman as a result of this number allocation? About the same height, at least. 

No Turner is much taller than Gary. 194 v 187 cms. Gary was a flanker playing key position. A true Dees great. Brilliant footballer.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, picket fence said:

All this talk about JVR being ready and primmed, well for what its worth Ben Brown has been in career best form in practice match Sims and I just cannot see how he misses out!

To be honest I can’t see Brown and TMac not playing Round 1 so unless we decide to go with all 3 or Fritta isn’t fit then I guess JVR will be playing at Casey. 

I’m bullish on JVR playing this season but I also know how our FD operates over the last 2 seasons. Spots are hard to earn. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I find this to be an amusing statement. It's like saying Adam Lambert's best performances with Queen were in his audition for the lead singer role.

(It's OK, Picket. I know exactly what you mean and I appreciate your snake-defying visits to Casey.)

• Haha 1

Re Fritta (if the foot trampling rumour is true), there’s an abundance of caution taken with feet these days. Bruised (trampled) feet that are too early loaded turn into bone stress points, then fractures. Worth remembering that the feet are relatively small structures having to bear enormous loads, multiples of our entire body weight during jumping, landing and sprinting. For some of us, that’s getting up to a quarter or third of a ton! Care is best, particularly pre-season. Otherwise his training exercises as described are very core-glute stability like. Go Fritta. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Webber said:

Re Fritta (if the foot trampling rumour is true), there’s an abundance of caution taken with feet these days. Bruised (trampled) feet that are too early loaded turn into bone stress points, then fractures. Worth remembering that the feet are relatively small structures having to bear enormous loads, multiples of our entire body weight during jumping, landing and sprinting. For some of us, that’s getting up to a quarter or third of a ton! Care is best, particularly pre-season. Otherwise his training exercises as described are very core-glute stability like. Go Fritta. 

I hear ya, R! I’m walking around with a fractured foot as we speak. Mine’s got nothing to do with getting trampled on at training and everything to do with running in platform sandals while drunk at our girls’ Best n fairest.

Seriously though, Fritta does have a history of healing well and healing well ahead of time. ❤️💙

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1