Kozzy Pickett Re-Signs for 4 Years

• Demonland changed the title to Kozzy Pickett: Please, please, please stay!

Purely as a contingency, I'll be death-riding Port as well as Freo in 2023, just to make sure they can offer us at least a top-5 pick and change. ;)

But seriously, Kysaiah Pickett is a rare player. Not many forwards - let alone small forwards - top 40 goals in a season in consecutive seasons, and he has managed in every full season he's played!

• Like 14

Just now, Little Goffy said:

Purely as a contingency, I'll be death-riding Port as well as Freo in 2023, just to make sure they can offer us at least a top-5 pick and change. ;)

But seriously, Kysaiah Pickett is a rare player. Not many forwards - let alone small forwards - top 40 goals in a season in consecutive seasons, and he has managed in every full season he's played!

Port Powa don't have a first round pick unfortunately, so any deal would likely have to involve a player coming back + Port's 2024 1st round pick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Ollie fan said:

Gee, they are pretty good goals!

Indeed.

Then there's his non-goal plays. Rewind to the Heavenly Day for his frightening of Williams for Spargs' Q1 goal (which I now realise involved a bit of Spargs' frightening as well!🤩) and his blocks, first on Duryea then famously on Dunkley, for Tracc's Q3 'goal' (such an inadequate label...).

Of course, he can combine the two; viz, the intercept on Moore in the OP vid.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, adonski said:

Port Powa don't have a first round pick unfortunately, so any deal would likely have to involve a player coming back + Port's 2024 1st round pick

Indeed, @Little Goffy, 2023's going to be rather a death ride smorgasbord! I stand by my topic heading, but in the worst-case scenario, wouldn't some 2024 first rounders be cream on top of our already-whipped 2023 first-rounder cream for a Magic Pudding of sustained success!

• Like 2

I can’t see Kozzie leaving MFC, he couldn’t generate any more love than he receives at the Dee’s. He is surrounded by players that love and respect him and I want to see him play in at least three Premierships for MFC. Where else could he do that.!!!!!

• Like 7

As with dogga I would much prefer if he stays but nowadays players come and players go. I’m not too emotionally invested. He has everything he needs to succeed at the dees. If he leaves try to get the best deal we can and move on.

all that said I reckon more likely he stays but if he hasn’t signed by king’s birthday then his departure far more likely 

• Like 3

Would love it if he stays.
But get the feeling he's going.

But the pessimism is still strong in me.
Jackson certainly didn't help it.
One of Kozzies best mates at the club.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 4

Jackson was very will he won’t he. The words out of the club seemed fashioned so that they were hopeful more than anything. Jackson will be remembered by dees fans as a premiership player but a decade from now he will be known only as a freo player.

I never want kossie to be anything other than ours. I’d be gutted to see him tear it up for another club. He’s a champ and I hope he gets some good security in his next contract  reflecting his value.  In the Jason Taylor interviews he seemed supremely confident of pickets signature coming. 

Would be nice to get it done early enough. I still remember the media beating up Cyril being worth a million in his hey day before he signed. Best to get ahead of that circus 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, dl4e said:

Yep. Another season of will he or wont he stay. Wonder if this one will out do the Jackson thread.

Won't outdo the Jackson thread because Kozzie will extend by Feb...(hoping)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, adonski said:

As Jimmy Barnes might say if he was our list manager 

"You got nothing I want

You got nothing I need"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1

Chandler is no Kozzie, but he's the closest thing we have to a replacement.  I also get the impression he is strongly invested in the MFC which is a good thing.  Think we need to give him some serious time in the seniors this year for several reasons:

1. He's good enough

2.  As backup for Kozzie leaving

3.  As leverage with Kozzie (as good as he might be, I don't think it would be great if his managers think they have the MFC over a barrel)

4.  Having Chandler in the side as well could actually take some of the heat off Kozzie at times and benifit both the individuals and the team

If Kozzie plays more midfield time as mooted, which is probably the next step in his evolution, it should give us a bit more oppertunity to play both players more often.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Won't outdo the Jackson thread because Kozzie will extend by Feb...(hoping)

8 hours ago, Fork 'em said:

Jackson certainly didn't help it.
One of Kozzies best mates at the club.

I get the impression that Kozzie is quite a different personality to Dogga.  I could be wrong, but I sense he won't want the media spotlight on him in the same way as Dogga had and will be happy to get a deal done early. 

Alternatively if he's set on returning to WA or SA, then I actually think it would be in everyones best interests if he came out early and put it out there.  He'd be somewhat of a trailblazer in doing that, but I think it would be the right thing and actually relieve the pressure and angst in all respects if he just did it.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 6

Fingers crossed he stays.

Oliver is an unbelievable player, rarely plays an ordinary game, let alone bad!

Flower was so skilful, moved like a cat, fantastic player in [censored] teams!

Kossie is just electric, only needs a few moments in a match to have a major impact. Our current day wizard😃

His pressure and tackling also a joy to watch!

Fingers crossed he stays!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The more games we win, the more chance he stays. It’s a business now. 
Success is what counts

If that was the case no one would be looking to leave us. We've won more games than any other team over the last couple of years. 

This won't be about success but geography, family and crowds. If he prefers the town of Adelaide, having family around, and big adoring one-eyed crowds, you couldn't blame him for leaving for port. We love him but he spends a lot of the year doing ridiculous stuff in front of a sparse or quiet MCG. 

But more than any other player we've had leave the club, he's the one I really want to stay. Whereas I was somewhat resigned with Jesse and Jackson, I'll be utterly heartbroken if kossie leaves. 

An extremely rare player, a rare endurance-speed combo, supreme skill off either foot, significant power (kicking 55 with his frame is not easy), disciplined and defensive without the ball, spunk flash brilliance and marketable all round. One of my favourite ever MFC players and he really is just scratching the surface at 21....he's well on track to be far better than any of the modern day small forwards (including Cyril and Eddie at the same age). There are very few small forwards that have kicked 40+ in consecutive years around period, let alone at the age of 21. 

I wanted us to pick him and was thrilled when we made the reach in the first round.

Wouldn't be fair for someone else to benefit from the risk we took and investment we've made - I want to be watching him at the G for the next 10 years. We will be a significantly worse team without him and he was a very large part of the flag year. 

Unfortunately if he does leave, it won't be for two first rounders. Even the best small forwards don't have that kind of currency - Rankine's recent value is about the best we could hope for. 

I really hate that there is a thread for this. Saddening.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

If that was the case no one would be looking to leave us. We've won more games than any other team over the last couple of years. 

This won't be about success but geography, family and crowds. If he prefers the town of Adelaide, having family around, and big adoring one-eyed crowds, you couldn't blame him for leaving for port. We love him but he spends a lot of the year doing ridiculous stuff in front of a sparse or quiet MCG. 

But more than any other player we've had leave the club, he's the one I really want to stay. Whereas I was somewhat resigned with Jesse and Jackson, I'll be utterly heartbroken if kossie leaves. 

An extremely rare player, a rare endurance-speed combo, supreme skill off either foot, significant power (kicking 55 with his frame is not easy), disciplined and defensive without the ball, spunk flash brilliance and marketable all round. One of my favourite ever MFC players and he really is just scratching the surface at 21....he's well on track to be far better than any of the modern day small forwards (including Cyril and Eddie at the same age). There are very few small forwards that have kicked 40+ in consecutive years around period, let alone at the age of 21. 

I wanted us to pick him and was thrilled when we made the reach in the first round.

Wouldn't be fair for someone else to benefit from the risk we took and investment we've made - I want to be watching him at the G for the next 10 years. We will be a significantly worse team without him and he was a very large part of the flag year. 

Unfortunately if he does leave, it won't be for two first rounders. Even the best small forwards don't have that kind of currency - Rankine's recent value is about the best we could hope for. 

I really hate that there is a thread for this. Saddening.

Of course it is about winning, there are other factors of course, but the BEST chance we have to keep our A Graders is to keep winning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Of course it is about winning, there are other factors of course, but the BEST chance we have to keep our A Graders is to keep winning. 

I don't agree. There are many examples of players leaving successful teams in favour of family or location or lifestyle. 

Lever left the grand finalist to play for us when we were bottom 6....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fr_ap said:

I don't agree. There are many examples of players leaving successful teams in favour of family or location or lifestyle. 

Lever left the grand finalist to play for us when we were bottom 6....

Ok then, let’s just give up and lose every week. 
WINNING is the BEST CHANCE we have to retain our A Grade Players. 
I am not really phased if you disagree 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1