Jump to content

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

Sydney Stack


Wrecker46
 Share


Recommended Posts

Richmond have the best Indigenous set up in the country. If they don’t think he’s worth the hassle any more than he probably isn’t.

Look at his VFL stats, he should’ve built fitness and got consistent games later in the year and he never did.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Richmond have the best Indigenous set up in the country. If they don’t think he’s worth the hassle any more than he probably isn’t.

Look at his VFL stats, he should’ve built fitness and got consistent games later in the year and he never did.

How so?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Richmond have the best Indigenous set up in the country. If they don’t think he’s worth the hassle any more than he probably isn’t.

Look at his VFL stats, he should’ve built fitness and got consistent games later in the year and he never did.

That's more rubbish spouted as fact

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know someone that knows him very well. He is very much his own man, doesn't like being given orders and sounds very hard to coach.

It's the only reason he's been delisted because he is good enough to be in just about any team in the comp. He just doesn't appear to want the scrutiny and intensity of the footy world. 

Could be a damn good player if he wants it bad enough.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

How so?

Mostly the KGI, which does great work. Players from other clubs go their to contribute. 

Xavier Clarke by far the most prominent Indigenous coach, and perhaps the only one who’s full time?

Marlion Pickett hasn’t missed a beat since coming over.

The fact they took a chance on Stack when no one would and got him up and going in year 1.

They fully commit to the dream time game and you can see much their whole squad value it 

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/richmond/richmonds-15year-long-transformational-dance-towards-reconciliation-started-with-the-korin-gamadji-institute/news-story/a2a0135883866639cff1b63d40a5ac38

 

Edited by DeeSpencer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Mostly the KGI, which does great work. Players from other clubs go their to contribute. 

Xavier Clarke by far the most prominent Indigenous coach, and perhaps the only one who’s full time?

Marlion Pickett hasn’t missed a beat since coming over.

The fact they took a chance on Stack when no one would and got him up and going in year 1.

They fully commit to the dream time game and you can see much their whole squad value it 

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/richmond/richmonds-15year-long-transformational-dance-towards-reconciliation-started-with-the-korin-gamadji-institute/news-story/a2a0135883866639cff1b63d40a5ac38

 

What about our work with the Santa Teresa project that's been now successfully ongoing for 5 years  through the work of our Aboriginal Liaison Officer Matthew Whelan who's done a power of work with not only our indigenous players but reconnecting past culture to our present day players.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/support-the-club/santa-teresa-oval-project

Or what about our Reconciliation Plan where our reconciliation is to unite Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples with non-Indigenous people through the great game of AFL, to truly embrace history, culture and community.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/reconciliation-action-plan

Or what about our football club becoming the first historical  club in AFL history in rebranding our name to the Narrm Football Club throughout the year.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/indigenous#about

Taking a chance on Stack? No different how's we've taken a chance on the likes of Harley Bennell a d Liam Jurrah when no one else wanted to take the risk.

I think our football club celebrates our indigenous heritage far better then any club in the league and this is pretty evident.

But that's just me personally. 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

What about our work with the Santa Teresa project that's been now successfully ongoing for 5 years  through the work of our Aboriginal Liaison Officer Matthew Whelan who's done a power of work with not only our indigenous players but reconnecting past culture to our present day players.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/support-the-club/santa-teresa-oval-project

Or what about our Reconciliation Plan where our reconciliation is to unite Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples with non-Indigenous people through the great game of AFL, to truly embrace history, culture and community.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/reconciliation-action-plan

Or what about our football club becoming the first historical  club in AFL history in rebranding our name to the Narrm Football Club throughout the year.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/indigenous#about

Taking a chance on Stack? No different how's we've taken a chance on the likes of Harley Bennell a d Liam Jurrah when no one else wanted to take the risk.

I think our football club celebrates our indigenous heritage far better then any club in the league and this is pretty evident.

But that's just me personally. 

I’m not saying we haven’t done very well, we have, and Santa Teresa’s good. Not sure it compares to running the KGI.

Richmond had a RAP in ‘11, we started in ‘17.

We also punched the Narrm idea from the Storm and then upgraded it.

Multiple clubs wanted Jurrah, we just had first crack in the draft. I wouldn’t exactly hold him or Harley Bennell up as success stories though. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

I’m not saying we haven’t done very well, we have, and Santa Teresa’s good. Not sure it compares to running the KGI.

Richmond had a RAP in ‘11, we started in ‘17.

We also punched the Narrm idea from the Storm and then upgraded it.

Multiple clubs wanted Jurrah, we just had first crack in the draft. I wouldn’t exactly hold him or Harley Bennell up as success stories though. 

Stack’s example at the Tiges is not a great example for their program either. 
 

I believe our program is very good too! Run by good ppl and our good club. Cultural and social programs are not a guarantee for 100% success. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

I’m not saying we haven’t done very well, we have, and Santa Teresa’s good. Not sure it compares to running the KGI.

Richmond had a RAP in ‘11, we started in ‘17.

We also punched the Narrm idea from the Storm and then upgraded it.

Multiple clubs wanted Jurrah, we just had first crack in the draft. I wouldn’t exactly hold him or Harley Bennell up as success stories though. 

I wouldn't hold Stack as a success story either.

But weirdly enough you do? Yet he's been delisted for pretty much poor professionalism and worth ethic.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Mostly the KGI, which does great work. Players from other clubs go their to contribute. 

Xavier Clarke by far the most prominent Indigenous coach, and perhaps the only one who’s full time?

Marlion Pickett hasn’t missed a beat since coming over.

The fact they took a chance on Stack when no one would and got him up and going in year 1.

They fully commit to the dream time game and you can see much their whole squad value it 

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/richmond/richmonds-15year-long-transformational-dance-towards-reconciliation-started-with-the-korin-gamadji-institute/news-story/a2a0135883866639cff1b63d40a5ac38

 

An old and long time friend of mine was a very good coach of indigenous players in the Northern Territory for well over a decade, I always wondered why a Victorian club didn't pick him up as an assistant.

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We could really prove ourselves by taking NT and Essendon NGA talent Anthony Munkara at pick 37 (if available).

There’s talk around that the Bombers have been trying to hide him from view so that nobody takes him inside pick 40.

Edited by MO FINE
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TRAINING: Wednesday 1st February 2023

    PICKET FENCE'S TRAINING REPORT REHAB  Clarry, Max, Farris-White, Melky, Matt Jefferson, Jakey Lever, Joel Smith & 1 Other I couldn't place. Glad to see the Club being ultra cautious with Clarry's thumb BUT the fact he is still troubled with it is worrying (God I hate Selwood) Got there at 10.50 to see Full match Simulation Game between the Blues and the Whites. Quite clearly the Blues were the A Team and the Whites were the possibles. Some interesting faces in the white Team h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 30th January 2023

    PICKET FENCE'S TRAINING REPORT NO SHOWS JACK VINEY, MATT JEFFERSON, CHRISTIAN SALEM. Also Did not see ADAM TOMLINSON  INJURIES MODIFIED DUTIES MAX, JOEL SMITH, ANB, AMW,( NO 47 Not sure who ) and during training CLARRY ( More on this latter)  SKILLS , DRILLS AND MANOUVERS After warm ups and Run Throughs, players broke of into 3 Groups doing a variety of Close in Handball through traffic to hit clean target with players pressuring. One on one groundh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 25th January 2023

    DEMONLAND’S TRAINING REPORT Rehab Group: Lever (in runners but kicking the ball well and seems to be moving well), Max (not present), Melksham, Howes, AMW, J Smith - then later joined by the following not participating in contract drills/Match SIM - Brown, Spargo, D Turner, Verrall, Adams  Stafford was out early with Grundy & Verrall doing ruck drills.  White Guernseys: May, Bowey, Trac, JVR, Rivers, Sestan, Nibbler, Kozzie, Grundy, Hunter, Harmes, Fritsch, Laurie, Jord

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 23rd January 2023

    WIZARD333'S TRAINING REPORT I went down and it was locked out for first hour but could see through fence then allowed in. Max Gawn ran laps — it looks like a 3 to 4 week injury. Andy Moniz-Wakefield ran laps. Blake Howes was taken off late as was on restricted minutes. Adam Tomlinson loudest on track and a leader - surprised me but won't be in best 25. Jake Lever on bike and walking up n down stairs, yelling out as he does. Melky copped a niggle so ran laps but

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 20th January 2023

    TOUGH KENT'S TRAINING REPORT I journeyed out to Casey today and was fortunate enough to watch two quarters of match simulation. Here is a brief rundown of random occurrences/thoughts. First of all, there was no Jake Lever (ankle) or Joel Smith involved. AMW is still in rehab and was running strongly. It was Blue (Probables) v Red (Possibles) JvR was in blue. Ben Brown, T-Mac, Hibbo and Tom Sparrow were in red. Gus Brayshaw started at half back for blue and stayed there all game.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 18th January 2023

    DEE ZEPHYR'S TRAINING REPORT Morning all. First time at Goschs for a while, there’s a scoreboard set up which I’ve never seen here before. Possible match sim? Williams yelling out to players to get their hands off hips during drills. Gus looks fine to me. Absolutely., first two mins of match sim and his kicking is exquisite on both sides. He’s moving incredibly well.  Some observations from a match sim drill that lasted about 15-20 mins. The purpose se

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 16th January 2023

    STINGA'S TRAINING REPORT Went with a friend to watch training this morning.  They have 3 sets of temporary grandstands set up next to the rooms for spectators and get a good view of everything. Fritsch was the only absentee and J Smith was on the bike for the whole session. Everyone in their own numbers except JVR in 44,   Kye Turner is 47 and Burgoyne 33. Started off with goal kicking which has been described before. Then an agility routine where where they ducked aroun

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 13th January 2023

    REDLEGS23'S TRAINING REPORT Got to training about 9:50 & headed off by 11:30. Rehab / Light Drills: • Jed Adams • Kyah Farris-White • Will Varrall • I think i spotted Joel Smith, but could be wrong. The above doing light drills. Andy Moniz-Wakefield & Trent Burgoyne doing seperate laps / runs for the whole session. James Harmes, Angus Brayshaw & Steven May all started with the main group but then progressed to light duties / laps for the remainder of th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 11th January 2023

    WAYNE WUSSELL'S TRAINING REPORT Haven’t noticed Oliver, Petracca and Hunter, just about everyone else accounted for. Petracca here! J Smith striding out in rehab. BB taking lots of shots on goal after session marking in goal square v Stafford Younger players tending to float short passes to leading forward (D Smith, 33, 39, KF-S) while Petracca, Viney, Kossie, ANB shoot hard and low bullets Harmes, Verall, & Adams doing agility, ball handling JVR stand out in te

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...