• Podcast:      

• Podcast:      

Fill the ‘G’

1 hour ago, ucanchoose said:

Can anybody tell me which bays are general admission, it's not on the MCG website

Will not be many

home games I usually sit behind the goals western end. For pies matches this is all taken by cwood as reserved seating.

I can get a seat up in the clouds top deck and it’s our home game GMTS’s

We were spoiled with home games in the first half of the season but it's been a while since our last one and we only have two more games at the 'G and then the next time we go will be The Finals 2022. I think the weather, scheduling, cost & inconvenience, will all be dulled by The Occaison.

This is it; we're in the endgame now. We need to build momentum and hit the finals running. We need to put fear back in the opposition. Get behind the boys. Cheer them on. Lift them up. Go Dees

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ucanchoose said:

Can anybody tell me which bays are general admission, it's not on the MCG website

It’ll be up on Thursday on their website 

but it’ll roughly be this and only level 4:

Q49-Q55 rows T-MM

Q8-Q15 Rows O-DD

Q1-Q7 All rows

Q31-Q36 rows AA-MM

Edited by FearTheBeard
  • Like 1

If we get 75k+ for both the Carlton and Collingwood games we will get our highest average home attendance ever, despite Anzac eve and QB big freeze both being away games.
The narrative that Melbourne fans haven’t turned up this year is a myth, we haven’t had the huge upturn in crowds many have hoped for, partly due to COVID, but it has still been one of our best years ever. Even if we only get 40-50k for the next two games, it will still be in our top 4 best attendances ever! Hardly a disaster.

https://afltables.com/afl/crowds/melbourne.html

oh and I’ll be there, always am.

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, deejammin' said:

If we get 75k+ for both the Carlton and Collingwood games we will get our highest average home attendance ever, despite Anzac eve and QB big freeze both being away games.
The narrative that Melbourne fans haven’t turned up this year is a myth, we haven’t had the huge upturn in crowds many have hoped for, partly due to COVID, but it has still been one of our best years ever. Even if we only get 40-50k for the next two games, it will still be in our top 4 best attendances ever! Hardly a disaster.

https://afltables.com/afl/crowds/melbourne.html

oh and I’ll be there, always am.

Great stat. Hope we get there. Stick it right up em. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demon4Life said:

We were spoiled with home games in the first half of the season but it's been a while since our last one and we only have two more games at the 'G and then the next time we go will be The Finals 2022. I think the weather, scheduling, cost & inconvenience, will all be dulled by The Occaison.

This is it; we're in the endgame now. We need to build momentum and hit the finals running. We need to put fear back in the opposition. Get behind the boys. Cheer them on. Lift them up. Go Dees

Exactly, if you can go to games like this and don't I don't know why you bother following at all.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, FearTheBeard said:

There is no chance it will come close to 90.

Crap weather, Covid back it will max out at 75.

I'd love it to be like Anzac Eve in 2017 when it was a shock to get 85.5K.

We just don't have that many supporters. Ticket sales indicated 70K.

Friday nights have also drawn really poorly this year. 

I’m just so surprised, if I was living and working in Melbourne CBD you’d totally walk/tram down after work with the lads and get into it! 

• Like 3

Despite the fact that it’s our home game, the Pies will no doubt have the bigger crowd… it’s no coincidence that stock levels at Cash Converter stores throughout Melbourne, have been steadily increasing this week.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, deva5610 said:

I'm in Adelaide right now (over from Perth) and my flight home tomorrow was just cancelled.

I'm wondering if it's a sign I should just pop over to Melbourne for the game instead 😂

Yes! Defs pop! Pop on over here! 😁❤️💙

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeezNuts said:

I’m just so surprised, if I was living and working in Melbourne CBD you’d totally walk/tram down after work with the lads and get into it! 

I agree but considering how many people are working from home there aren’t that many people that will just pop across from the city.

for me I’m leaving the office at 5 on the dot to start the pre game experience. Not sure I’ll be upright come 7:50….

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Its just what I’ve been told from people I believe.

Well I wouldn't believe them. 

80,000 would be a huge result. 90,000 with Covid still kicking, limited parking and the fact that it's our home game is a pipe dream. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

80,000 would be a huge result. 90,000 with Covid still kicking, limited parking and the fact that it's our home game is a pipe dream. 

Wouldn’t believe them or the MCG? 

I like the "Friday weather forecast... FIRE- moderate chance   .... really?  At the game?   NWind is interesting. unusual for August. that means there could be a strong advantage kicking to the punt rd end first.Might get a little drizzle. I'd definitely be going if in town.

Why wont filth supporters turn up on account of it being a Melb home game?  So what!  They had theirs on Queen Lizzy Birthday . Theyre 10-0. ffs What else are they going to do. Can you visit relatives and mates at Barwon Prison on Friday night?  I doubt it.

Only problem is late start at almost 8pm. Half the crowd will have drunk a skin full  waiting for the  bounce.   There will definitely be fights during and  especially after the game if pies lose. I wouldnt be taking any  kids. Men only night or maybe a few Frankston girls with tatts.

Gil Mc Lachlan is a clown.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, JimmyGadson said:

You only get 80k these days if the game is one for which attendance is pre-planned. The classic example is the Anzac day clash which for competing supporters is often a must book early game (FOMO).

There's simply not enough time in one week to "build the book".

Anything near 70k would be a great result

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 5:13 AM, Flaps Jackson said:

I’m coming back to Australia for the first time in 4 years . Last melb game I went to was the semi final win over the hawks. What’s the weather forecast like Friday? Tempted to go see the pies game. I’ve got a seat in the MCC for the blues but this week could be a cracker 

Fantastic, Flaps.  I would love to be there, but won’t arrive until August 21st. Haven’t seen the family or the Demons for three years. (Mine was 2019, round 1 versus Port Adelaide, which was definitely a day to forget.) I’m hoping to attend all of our finals games. Go Demons!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Exactly, if you can go to games like this and don't I don't know why you bother following at all.

I am happy you are blessed with a body that is capable Dr. I am still passionate and pay my membership as  I have for most of the last 50 years. Does my inability to attend these night games when I will end up in level 4 which I cannot get to make me now redundant. I will have managed 3 games live this year. So on the basis of your comment I should not pay my membership for season 2023?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1