Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:     

What They Are Saying at Moorabool Street



Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, binman said:

Cameron is a fantastic footballer.

Great hands, one of the best kicks in the AFL (including his field kicking), high footy iq, athletic, huge tank and great hands

In terms of his goal kicking, a challenge he faces against us is he is at his most dangerous when he turns his opponent around and runs back inside 50 with the flight of the ball and marks. 

Which works great against most teams. 

But we always have our deep spare, meaning instead of running back into an open 50, Cameron is running straight towards may, petty, Lever or Gus.

Good luck with that.

..and he knows it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



8 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Didn't Dangerfield leave Adelaide to win premierships?

Awwww. Take the word flag and replace the 'a' with an 'o'

Dangerfield wanted to go to Geelong to be closer to family ( in Fish Creek ) 

In that respect his move has been a tremendous success 

Good for him !!  LEL !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

Dangerfield wanted to go to Geelong to be closer to family ( in Fish Creek ) 

In that respect his move has been a tremendous success 

Good for him !!  LEL !

Are you sure it’s Fish Creek? Fish Creek is on the other side of Wilson’s Prom and from Geelong it would take longer to get there than to fly to Adelaide. 

Edited by John Crow Batty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Might be Mobbs Creek or some Creek or other. 

Oneof the Demonland luminaries will know 

Help me out people !!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, —coach— said:

Moggs Creek

Yes , that one !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, willmoy said:

Err, hang on that's three things I got to remember.

Please play Stanley. He's the biggest ball of muscle brains since Paddy Guinane..

You might be forgetting one of our own. But we will leave it there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We have been sent down to that Dump every year since before the Rev was coach

Meanwhile other teams never play there!!!

yet more inside Corruption 

It was a lot different when we weren't very good ... we were in that lower bracket of Melbourne teams shunted around everywhere.  Like it or not we had to cop it until we came good

But we're coming off a flag and despite what the naysayers would have you believe, our crowd numbers have been more than acceptable this season

We are pushing 65,000 members yet only 500 Demon supporters can attend the game played on a wintry Thursday night.  Terrible scheduling

I'm all for more prime-time FTA games But they need to get the right match-ups in the right city's on the right days

Demons at Cats on a wintry Thursday night doesn't come into 2 of those categories

It wasn't so long ago that maximising crowd numbers was no.1 on the agenda

So we get to watch a game at home or at the pub when the venue is 1 hour away

Play the game at Docklands under the roof and compensate the Cats home ground loss with a higher dividend when they hand out the cash at year's end

Mind you, anywhere, anytime, anyway still applies with regards to the winning of the game.  But that's not my point

It's the people's game so allow the supporters to attend a blockbuster fixture

Rant Over!!!

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gawwd I thorougly Despise Jeelong and their pencil sharpener intellect and rabid know nothing acolytes. Lets blow the feral moth ravaged vermin to Kingdom Come

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Macca said:

It was a lot different when we weren't very good ... we were in that lower bracket of Melbourne teams shunted around everywhere.  Like it or not we had to cop it until we came good

But we're coming off a flag and despite what the naysayers would have you believe, our crowd numbers have been more than acceptable this season

We are pushing 65,000 members yet only 500 Demon supporters can attend the game played on a wintry Thursday night.  Terrible scheduling

I'm all for more prime-time FTA games But they need to get the right match-ups in the right city's on the right days

Demons at Cats on a wintry Thursday night doesn't come into 2 of those categories

It wasn't so long ago that maximising crowd numbers was no.1 on the agenda

So we get to watch a game at home or at the pub when the venue is 1 hour away

Play the game at Docklands under the roof and compensate the Cats home ground loss with a higher dividend when they hand out the cash at year's end

Mind you, anywhere, anytime, anyway still applies with regards to the winning of the game.  But that's not my point

It's the people's game so allow the supporters to attend a blockbuster fixture

Rant Over!!!

Agreed. This is a Fan exodus from the AFL

Internally The MFC Football Department are probably happy to play in hostile territory against a serious opponent 

Us v Them

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

I just can’t see them matching Oliver, Petracca and Viney. Our dynamic and more powerful midfield was the reason in the PF and it’ll be the difference once again. Thank god, all 3 of them are in ripping form. 
 

Biggest threat is Jeremy Cameron. If Petty can tighten up on him we’ll be golden. 

Those three have started to get going the last two weeks as well. Plus harness, sparrow, anb. Always feel confident when the midfield are up and about.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate Geelong withh a passion, but now I like playing them becaue it give us another chance of twhpping their @sses. The only thing better than beating them after the siren in Rd 23 would have been do it in front of packed house of their feral supporters. Bring on Thursday night!

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there is one thing in life I can’t handle is losing to Geelong. The fire of a thousand suns is not as burning hot as my hatred of the Geelong Football Club, it’s coach, it’s player or it’s dumpy stadium filled with hick supporters.

Please let’s destroy these *insert 190 different swear words*

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

One thing that really does BOTHER me is the Home town Bias that the Umpires will afford to Jeelong because of their Rabid, Scum Supporters shouting loudest coz our ten or so just cant get into the ground! Not dissimilar to the farce that was Adelaide last week!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

I just can’t see them matching Oliver, Petracca and Viney. Our dynamic and more powerful midfield was the reason in the PF and it’ll be the difference once again. Thank god, all 3 of them are in ripping form. 
 

Biggest threat is Jeremy Cameron. If Petty can tighten up on him we’ll be golden. 

I truly believe the best matchup for Cameron is Hibberd.

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 640MD said:

You might be forgetting one of our own. But we will leave it there

Percy didn't play for us..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

A mixed bag from bigfooty:

  • I can’t forget the nightmares of last year. Both games V Melbourne.  I can see us getting to a decent lead early and them then reeling us back in.

Three times old mate!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, He de mon said:

I hate Geelong withh a passion, but now I like playing them becaue it give us another chance of twhpping their @sses. The only thing better than beating them after the siren in Rd 23 would have been do it in front of packed house of their feral supporters. Bring on Thursday night!

Brave words

 

l understand where you’re coming from 

Short live the Maggots 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

For any bloody Geelong supports in your life 

Screenshot_20220626-194913_Facebook.jpg

I'm afflicted with many Geelong supporters in my life and was literally just thinking tonight that we are now into the second decade since they won a premiership. Great meme. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gawny speaks about this being a pretty fierce rivalry these days so I'm hoping for a strong outing from the lads. I think they have an advantage playing on their home deck, even though we scraped over the line the last time we played there. Will be a good game 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s something I prepared earlier.

Guess which team (other than Geelong, of course) has played the most times at Kardinia Park this century?

Melbourne. 18 times.

Guess which team has played the least times?

Collingwood. Zero. (Oh and Essendon once, Hawthorn and Carlton thrice.)

The lack of integrity and fairness in the fixture is, to me, the biggest blight on our great game. What elite, professional sporting league in the world would allow such a discrepancy to occur, where an ‘away’ team, a so-called big club, doesn’t play at another team’s home venue for over 20 years, while another team plays there almost every friggin’ year? It infuriates me.

It’s like telling Manchester United they don’t need to play at Bournemouth, ever, while Liverpool does.

I am sick to death of the fixture’s inherent inequity, and our collective acceptance of it (or is it apathy).

If we can’t have a pure 34-game home-and-away season (which would be fair and ideal for an 18-team comp), then let’s have a 17-game season. Play each team once, alternate between playing at home one season and away the next, no questions asked, no compromises entertained. Collingwood plays down at Geelong, it’s a sell-out, so be it.

People forget that for the first 90 years of the VFL, the fixture was built on playing each team twice, home and away. There were 8 teams and 14 rounds in the first VFL season in 1897. This nonsense that we have to be wedded to a 22-round season no matter the number of teams we have is, well, nonsense. The 22-round season only came into effect when the league had expanded to 12 teams in 1925. When the league moved to 14 teams in 1987, the season inexplicably remained at 22 rounds. 

Now, of course, the fixture is a complete mess having strayed more and more from first principles, leading to the quite absurd scenario pointed out at the top of this post and illustrated in the attached table.

3E2B647A-82C7-474C-ADEB-23AA3D279715.jpeg

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3
  • Angry 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

If there is one thing in life I can’t handle is losing to Geelong. The fire of a thousand suns is not as burning hot as my hatred of the Geelong Football Club, it’s coach, it’s player or it’s dumpy stadium filled with hick supporters.

Please let’s destroy these *insert 190 different swear words*

Amen. Never forget 186. Hibberd to Stengle.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:
  • This is the game.  Without Stewart, potentially without Stanley.  I’m for once, not confident at all.

This is what you get following a team that hasn't bottomed out since colour TV was invented. Imagine going into so many games confident of a win that it's a surprise when you're expecting to lose.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...