NON-MFC: Round 11, 2022

Demonland

I think the best way to evaluate the non-50 decision is like this

Given the umps paid no 50 - The AFL will back the umpires for using common sense...

If the umps had paid 50 - The AFL would have backed the umpires for paying the correct decision 

Clear? ...

You're welcome 😊 

Edited by Graeme Yeats' Mullet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, bobby1554 said:

That’s not the point. Viney was suspended because of the action and how it looked. The AFL want to protect the integrity of the game. Franklin threw a punch. If they are consistent, he gets a week at least

I think DD was JK 🙂

7 minutes ago, bobby1554 said:

That’s not the point. Viney was suspended because of the action and how it looked. The AFL want to protect the integrity of the game. Franklin threw a punch. If they are consistent, he gets a week at least

"If they are consistent, he gets a week at least". ... so he will get off then. 

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Dissent only exists when a free is paid against you in the AFLs eyes

Brad Scott should be worried about his mid season performance review 😂

Not so sure ... there was a free against Tigers earlier in the game when they dissented about a non decision, as I recall

Franklin punch will be interesting. If it was say a Melbourne CHF like TMAC or the weed then they would get 3 weeks minimum but because it is Buddy nothing may happen. If we lose to freo he may get a week but if we beat freo he will play for sure. That is how disgusting the AFL can be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Vomit 1

11 minutes ago, bobby1554 said:

It’s ok - tomorrow morning Auskickers can smack a 9 year old twice in the head

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mo64 said:

The clock stops when the ball goes out of bounce, and a 50 can be paid. The siren sounding is irrelevant.

Clock stops when umpire signals time on

17 minutes ago, bobby1554 said:

Ho, Ho, ho, how consistency and AFL align!??? Nar not even remotely close!  as the Robot in lost in space would say... "It does not Compute"

But Coz its Buddy...... Nar Nothing to see here, gets of and plays next week. BANK ON IT!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

15 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

I tell you who’s about to get robbed after that. Me and everyone else that needs Prestia for 25+ possessions in a multi, they still haven’t added his kick after the siren onto his stats.

Prestia for a goal was good money too tonight, wish I had it!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Trisul said:

The match was live.

The match was over...the only action you can take after the siren is your kick if it was awarded before the siren.

Honestly I don't know if this is fact but pretty sure we will find out over the next few days.

There was a reason the ump was on the mic to someone upstairs. My guess is to confirm the timing.

Once confirmed, it was game over...go back & have your kick.

Edited by rjay

6 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

That should have been a 50 metre penalty every day of the week.

Well actually no.

The 50 is given for time wasting, running off the mark, dissent or a further infringement against the team with the free kick.

None of those existed.

There is no time wasting, as the siren went and he gets his kick no matter. If it happened in the game yes of course, but no time was wasted.

As the umpire said it was a commonsense decision.

Also, to get the look on Reiwoldt's face it was absolutely the correct decision.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, rjay said:

The match was over...the only action you can take after the siren is your kick if it was awarded before the siren.

Honestly I don't know if this is fact but pretty sure we will find out over the next few days.

There was a reason the ump was on the mic to someone upstairs. My guess is to confirm the timing.

on the phone to gillom probably

3 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Well actually no.

The 50 is given for time wasting, running off the mark, dissent or a further infringement against the team with the free kick.

None of those existed.

There is no time wasting, as the siren went and he gets his kick no matter. If it happened in the game yes of course, but no time was wasted.

As the umpire said it was a commonsense decision.

Also, to get the look on Reiwoldt's face it was absolutely the correct decision.

You know the umps are sticklers for rules. If someone marked 40m out and the siren went and an oppo player kicked the ball away, you honestly think they would pay a 50?

• Like 1

Make up your own mind. Was kicking the ball into the stands classed as an unsportsmanlike manner?

FIFTY METRE PENALTY
19.1 SPIRIT AND INTENTION
After a Mark or Free Kick has been awarded to a Player, a Fifty Metre Penalty will be awarded against the opposing Team which delays or impedes the play, or behaves in an unsportsmanlike manner

• Like 2

Look at the discipline of our interchange  boys when T Mac took his after siren kick in the GF - did not celebrate on ground unti “all clear” was given. 
Under the old rule, 10 years ago, Footscray could have been awarded the Premiership for a violation there 

2 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Make up your own mind. Was kicking the ball into the stands classed as an unsportsmanlike manner?

FIFTY METRE PENALTY
19.1 SPIRIT AND INTENTION
After a Mark or Free Kick has been awarded to a Player, a Fifty Metre Penalty will be awarded against the opposing Team which delays or impedes the play, or behaves in an unsportsmanlike manner

No... and after the siren there is no time to be wasted.   Nothing to see here

• Thinking 1

I mean forget mean happened. Theres 6 seconds left at that throw in, I'd be surprised if the Swans players didn't know this. Did they really have to hold? I think the free kick was dicey but why even put doubt in the umpires mind?

I also love it how we're so mortified that someone boots a ball into the stands and pay 50s for it because they can't get it back to the player quickly yet if someone boots a behind into the stands we have ball boys like lightening throwing another ball to the kick in guy to keep play going :p

• Haha 1