NON-MFC: Round 4, 2022

Lucifers Hero

4 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

All Hawkins does is push....every contest

and gets away with it almost every time

How unfit are Brisbane, being outlasted by Geelong??  

Dangerfield another head high hip bump - will be cleared by the MRO without a moment of doubt

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Steve said:

Stuff top spot I want to see a lions win after the siren.

I'll take top spot.
The more games we can put between us and the rest the better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darkhorse72 said:

I about to post that too.

Constantly diving instead of trying to run through and pick the ball up (Like he used to),  Something wrong with his back and he can't bend?

Old age.

• Like 1

OMG the Cats get every 50/50, even every 25/75 at their miserable dung heap.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jules7 said:

The cats cats get away with murder at home, and it suck’s. 

Frustrating part is a lot of the bad calls made so far this year, the umpires have been in a position to see what has happened and still made the wrong call. 
Also would love some consistency on players getting caught with the ball then just dropping it cold.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Excellent result.

Brisbane are probably the second best side in the league so any loss by them is a bonus.

i actually don't think they are; they've shown that they win at home and they play well when the game is on their terms, but when it tightens up  they can't quite get it done

their fixture should help them to top 4, but i don't see them as a threat away from the gabba

• Like 1

I counted 4 ridiculous umpiring decisions in the last quarter that went to girlong. Just pathetic it was. That Hawkins push really got to me.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

The holding the ball rule did not exist tonight. 

I thought Mitch Robinson did a few errors in that final quarter. Should have kicked it to Daniher a lot quicker in the final few minutes. also botched a few kicks. 

But hey we are still sitting pretty on top. 

1 minute ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Excellent result.

Brisbane are probably the second best side in the league so any loss by them is a bonus.

2nd best based on what? The three teams they’ve beaten this year have so far have zero wins combined.

Unbelievably biased umpiring at the crucial moments in the last. Hawkins ffs. BT raising his voice in adulation of all things Geelong when they’re in possession. All sadly in accordance with their expectations and, dare I suggest, the script.

• Like 1

Tonight speaks more about Brisbane then Geelong.

The fact Brisbane still couldn't beat Geelong without Selwood and Stewart is why I questioned that at the start of the year whether they could win the flag.

If they can't even perform at the Gabba come finals how will they perform at the MCG in front of 90k come September. 

These are the games they should have easily mopped up if they want to be a genuine contender.

Cam Rayner for me is a little overrated imo

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, whatwhat say what said:

i actually don't think they are; they've shown that they win at home and they play well when the game is on their terms, but when it tightens up  they can't quite get it done

their fixture should help them to top 4, but i don't see them as a threat away from the gabba

They have 2 glaring issues which they haven’t fixed 

1- they are incredibly slow through the middle so struggle to cover the ground to defend 

2- they don’t like pressure 

2 minutes ago, Winners at last said:

Is there anything worse than that stupid Jee-long clap/clap/clap chant?

And the incessant booing was doing my head in. 

The colllllingwoooooodddddddd chant, but yeah geelong supporters in general down there are annoying. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.