• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bevo unleashes on Tom Morris

dazzledavey36

Jesus that is appalling from Morris. He’s a dweeb. Bevo was out of line and an embarrassment to his footy club. The whole thing is a hot mess and helps us to beautifully go under the radar. 
Go Dees!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Yes both those quotes are not at all good 

I am glad I left the Newsroom long before the Smartphone 

Anything can be recorded now

Once it is out, it is International instantly 

Your not wrong there, christ some of the things we did to the newbies on a job site but then again it it happened to us as well.

4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

CYB are you saying that a 3rd person could record themselves and “Sound like” Tom Morris with the use of an App?

Yep it is very much available to anyone with a phone. I have an affinity for funny cat videos which Tik Tok and Instagram supply an abundance of video's to keep me satisfied. Every now and then i would see some rather bizarre (out-of-character) video's of Tom Cruise. It wasn't too long that i found out it was just somebody that had a video and audio 'filter' on their camera which would render (using AI software) whatever they said and recorded and output it as Tom Cruise. This is how i was introduced into the world of 'deep fakes'. I have seen similar vids of Trump, Biden, Putin etc - its is deeply unsettling what is possible these days. 

• Like 3

Just now, demon3165 said:

Your not wrong there, christ some of the things we did to the newbies on a job site but then again it it happened to us as well.

Not wrong mate. All workplaces were similar in that way back in the old days 

urgh modern-day media strikes again.

Obviously separate issues but some will muddy this up by bringing the two wrongs (incidents) into the equation.

1. Pretty simple to me. Bevo gets his big fine (SEN saying six figures... ooof) He'll come out at some point and give a round about sort of apology to media people who took offense indirectly towards Tom of some kind.

2. Tom Morris will or at least should lose his job after this leak. If it was about a member of the public he might have got away with suspension but in pretty much any professional workplace this is a straight up sacking now when reffering to a fellow employee this way. Fox will be silly to try and tuck this one away......

Then again its AFL football media we trying to forecast. The greater AFL community and media knowingly allow guys like Wayne Carey not only come back into the media but put him on a pedestal regularly after everyone is aware of the guys horrible reported history of behavior including glassing a woman in the face.

Apologies the rant went a bit off track there.

Edited by Young Blood
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Pates said:

Said this in the post-match thread, after all the carp the HS ran on Goody regarding allegations of bullying here is a coach being an actual bully towards a person doing his job whether you like him or not. He gets a story regarding a player being on the outs, there is no footy journalist who isn’t going to run it. His issue is the leak which is an issue for him and his club. 

The way we handled the Goody/Doctor/bullying allegations (non) story was textbook and professional. What Bevo did was unprofessional and actual bullying. 

This x 1000.

You want to see actual muck raking gutter journalism? How about Mick Warner dredging up stuff that happened 2 years ago which has been resolved entirely, put behind us, and faded into complete irrelevance by the time he decided to write about it?

1 hour ago, S_T said:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tom-morris-leaked-audio-of-tom-morris-objectifying-female-staff-at-foxfooty-mysteriously-appears-on-the-internet-plus-second-nasty-video.1303307/

The two grabs of Morris (allegedly) are here.

One is saying a female colleague from Fox is a lesbian (in very colorful language).  The other is much worse where he says because he isn't black, Asian, a woman or gay, he shouldn't be treated badly. Appalling really.

Complete side issue but someone has basically taken him out.  I think his career is over.

I have to say, whilst I believe Beveridge's rant last night was wholly unjustifiable, I generally regard Morris as a [censored] and the grabs back my view up.

Whilst he was right in his reporting on the Hunter issue and did not deserve Beveridge's onslaught last night, that doesn't mean he can continue to be a [censored]. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProperDee said:

I’m with you DA. Totally sick of the BS. The mental health card is one of many in the “Victim” deck  Sadly nowadays,  there are many people who own this deck of cards who pull one out and play it when it suits their agenda. 

So, let me get this straight, these people who own a deck of victim cards have 52 opportunities to pull out a victim card.

Edited by binman

1 minute ago, CYB said:

Yep it is very much available to anyone with a phone. I have an affinity for funny cat videos which Tik Tok and Instagram supply an abundance of video's to keep me satisfied. Every now and then i would see some rather bizarre (out-of-character) video's of Tom Cruise. It wasn't too long that i found out it was just somebody that had a video and audio 'filter' on their camera which would render (using AI software) whatever they said and recorded and output it as Tom Cruise. This is how i was introduced into the world of 'deep fakes'. I have seen similar vids of Trump, Biden, Putin etc - its is deeply unsettling what is possible these days. 

Yeah i have seen examples of this in the last couple of years. 
it is rather scary. This is why some people on the internet are saying the Ukraine situation is all set up and not actually happening 

As The Beatles said “Nothing is Real”

1 hour ago, binman said:

I was joking.

But be that as may, whilst beveridge was way, way out of line lets resist the urge to canonize Morris.

Morris is nothing more than a jumped gossip columnist who adds literally nothing to either my understanding or enjoyment of the game.

If i was put in charge of Fox, the second thing i'd do is sack him and invest his annual salary into someone who can provide considered, intelligent analysis of the actual game, rather than trawling for inconsequential clicks and sound bites. 

I swear on my children's grave i posted this before i knew anything about the two audio recordings floating about.

I'm glad we didn't have time to canonize Morris. 

What incredible irony that he has been exposed for who he truly is in this fashion.  

Surely he is toast employment wise. 

Dieter, don't the germans have word for the pleasure i am experiencing?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

The crowd size is one of the AFL's own making.

The AFL chose TV ratings, over crowd attendance and they can live with it.

Playing the game midweek at night, when young kids and their parents looking after them can't go and maybe even some elderly supporters and you have decreased the attendance by 20-30000.

I would guess if that game was played saturday afternoon with all the hype, it might have got 80-90000 attending.

It also doesn't help when the fans of one side don't go.

Well considering I live 350ks away the Wednesday night time slot counted me straight out.
Would have been there for the 1st flag unveiling in my lifetime for sure if it was even a friday night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S_T said:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tom-morris-leaked-audio-of-tom-morris-objectifying-female-staff-at-foxfooty-mysteriously-appears-on-the-internet-plus-second-nasty-video.1303307/

The two grabs of Morris (allegedly) are here.

One is saying a female colleague from Fox is a lesbian (in very colorful language).  The other is much worse where he says because he isn't black, Asian, a woman or gay, he shouldn't be treated badly. Appalling really.

Complete side issue but someone has basically taken him out.  I think his career is over.

If these quotes are true (and it certainly sounds like him) then he is the "entitled" pain in the neck that that many think him to be - the worst sort of private school [censored] (I know I was at school with many of them). I was a strong supporter of Morris before this came out, thinking he was protecting the freedom of the Press. Now I suspect there is far more to this story than initially meets the eye. As much as I hate to say it, Bevo may have a point. Hopefully, truth will out. If these recordings are true of Morris, then he has not place in the media, and should be taken off the air immediately. 

• Like 1

If true, those grabs aren't good at all, and wouldn't be surprising coming from Morris, an undisputed dropkick. Hopefully, and rightly so, they should bring about his termination at Fox - if they have any intention in enforcing HR standards expected of employees, or just being good worldly citizens. 

It seems we're in win-win territory here:

- Bevo gets a fine of some sort for his rant (Morris is a dropkick, but it doesn't mean he wasn't right - and was doing his job). Bevo has no right to silence/bully journalists doing their job, whether he likes what they're saying or not. If Morris had leaked something improper, then sure, but he didn't, he leaked a (correct) lineup change before the game. Happens all the time. 

- Morris has to find another job, and people know who he is now. As is noted above, his options are probably limited to Sky News. 

What a twist to this whole thing! And only 1 game has been played in Round one!

• Like 2

Wow 10 pages of indignation on someone who has nothing to do with our club. Must be what happens to clubs who win constantly, nothing else to talk about. 

51 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

urgh modern-day media strikes again.

Obviously separate issues but some will muddy this up by bringing the two wrongs (incidents) into the equation.

1. Pretty simple to me. Bevo gets his big fine (SEN saying six figures... ooof) He'll come out at some point and give a round about sort of apology to media people who took offense indirectly towards Tom of some kind.

2. Tom Morris will or at least should lose his job after this leak. If it was about a member of the public he might have got away with suspension but in pretty much any professional workplace this is a straight up sacking now when reffering to a fellow employee this way. Fox will be silly to try and tuck this one away......

Then again its AFL football media we trying to forecast. The greater AFL community and media knowingly allow guys like Wayne Carey not only come back into the media but put him on a pedestal regularly after everyone is aware of the guys horrible reported history of behavior including glassing a woman in the face.

Apologies the rant went a bit off track there.

Agree with all comments.

Funnily enough, i was watching the fox coverage of the game last night and marveling how Fox thinks its flys in 2022 having four blokey, uber alpha ex footballers in Lyon, Bucks, Brown and Riewoldt presenting the footy. 

Credit where it is due, Bucks was by far the most polished performer. Respectful, smart and informative.

The rest spent an hour interrupting each other and Lyon went all blokey, hairy chest out, in my day we would have tagged trac, why don't they now bucks!

Lyon, who was nominally hosting, actually looked three sheets to the wind and literally could not stop interrupting the other three. At one point Bucks, having been interrupted for the umpteenth time, stopped trying to get a word in, gave Lyon the side eye and, patted his arm and said something along the lines of 'relax big fella'. 

And they were like a bunch of giggling school boys, again with the exception of Bucks, winding Morris up about facing Beveridge right before he headed to the presser.

Edited by binman
  • Like 2