2022 Fixture

Demonland

I’m not a fan of this, Wednesday night….

Season opener should be on the Thursday, but Richmond v Blues should be bumped back, or find Richmond another opponent but they won’t because of the crowd they’ll draw.

Edited by Bombay Airconditioning
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Billy said:

That really sucks, thanks AFL for thinking of all the Demon country members that have to travel 4 hours to see the unfurling of the flag and then work Thursday 

Money hungry grubs

The club agreed to it and i don't understand why. If money was the driver (highly likely) then why not push for the Friday night game. We are well within our rights to make that demand. Not a good decision by the club at all

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, BDA said:

The club agreed to it and i don't understand why. If money was the driver (highly likely) then why not push for the Friday night game. We are well within our rights to make that demand. Not a good decision by the club at all

Neither do I. It’s a hard sell for me. I hate it. It’s completely going to alienate fans who live far away or have small kids or work late. It’s a ludicrous choice. Friday or Saturday night would have been much better. 

Also from a selfish perspective we were going to head away that week and be back for the weekend. I planned my wedding date specifically to be the week before the footy season started each year. Now they go and put us on Wednesday I can’t even have an anniversary holiday. My husband is thrilled I’m ditching him for footy again. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, BDA said:

If money is the driver, why combine two big events into one game?

They would of had a large crowd for the flag unfurling and then another large crowd for a grand final rematch. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BDA said:

SmartSelect_20211204-091907_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b211ba5a1f085142ff91ad3b14e9c7fb.jpg

Why, so they can have Collingwood on Friday night? What a joke, Docklands is free on Saturday have us on Friday and move Pies/Saints to Saturday. Now we have a midweek game that will make it difficult for families and others with rigid working hours to attend. Seriously, [censored] the AFL.

• Like 9
  • Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

SmartSelect_20211204-091907_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b211ba5a1f085142ff91ad3b14e9c7fb.jpg

Why, so they can have Collingwood on Friday night? What a joke, Docklands is free on Saturday have us on Friday and move Pies/Saints to Saturday. Now we have a midweek game that will make it difficult for families and others with rigid working hours to attend. Seriously, [censored] the AFL.

Yeap in every way. Great concept but doesn’t look a great outcome. Pert, not a great one pal.

• Like 1

Saints and Pies get there best slot with most viewers and best chance of a large crowd. 7:50 start and no work the next day

all about the AFL trying to get the most viewers over 5 days to line their pockets. Nothing new I guess

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, DubDee said:

all about the AFL trying to get the most viewers over 5 days to line their pockets. Nothing new I guess

Not sure if it's a television event or a crowd grab.

My feeling is that crowdwise it's way too much too soon and it will fall flat. TV wise it will rate well and TBH that is probably what it's all about

As to our game what a stupid way to hobble a blockbuster

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Feels like we are sitting in Seat 1A but are still being served the economy meal.

Just goes to show that the AFL wanted their cake and eat it too.

Teams that finish 1st and 2nd on a Wednesday night but teams that finish 10th and 17th on Friday night?? Seriously!!

There better be some sort of compensation from the AFL in regards to this decision in the fixture.

Possibly another Friday night home game early in the season?

Edited by 13thFlagIsComing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 13thFlagIsComing said:

Feels like we are sitting in Seat 1A but are still being served the economy meal.

Gee that brings back a memory.  Unprompted I got upgraded to Business Class on a flight from MEL to SYD.  By the way the attendant threw my meal at me I think they might have upgraded the wrong Mr Jontee.

PS: I think a Wednesday night game is a stinker.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We need to make the Club know that we aren’t happy with this decision 

I have to take this Monday off to be able to go to the clubs celebrations tomorrow 

Now it just expected l have to take another day to see the unfurling of the flag first

Country members are just irrelevant l guess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cards13 said:

Grand final rematch and two of the most exciting teams in the comp and you put it on a Wednesday night over Tigs v Carlton…. 🤢🤮

I know right, was so lookinf forward to going to our very first match in 2022, and wan't be able go at all, not happy🤬

This club really does allow itself to get pushed around by the AFL and the network.

And why the fuss over playing the Bulldogs round 1? I couldn't give a fig who we play as long as it's at home on a night where we can fill the ground.

Stupid, stupid stupid decision by Pert and his crew. The network will have a field day at the expense of the supporters and members. They make a song and dance about including the members and then he does this? Bloody mental.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billy said:

That really sucks, thanks AFL for thinking of all the Demon country members that have to travel 4 hours to see the unfurling of the flag and then work Thursday 

True, and even worse for any Dees fans coming from interstate

Edited by Rogue
  • Like 1