Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

Intestine on trading day on fox.  they said for both the LJ and Dunkley trades, they have asked for these players to come to their clubs and offered big contracts.  It's really up to them to come to the party with the offer to finish the deal, even if they pay overs. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, darkhorse72 said:

Intestine on trading day on fox.  they said for both the LJ and Dunkley trades, they have asked for these players to come to their clubs and offered big contracts.  It's really up to them to come to the party with the offer to finish the deal, even if they pay overs. 

Fox really getting into the guts of the trade.

• Haha 12

39 minutes ago, darkhorse72 said:

In both situations though the player is out of contract, so they'll be paying unders.

I think 13 and F1 will be close to the actual deal. I know it's unders, but it will likely be evened up with some later pick swaps (NMF2 maybe involved).

15, 16 (F1) --> dunkley, 30, 35, 43 (F3) is just plain insulting and so far from where they need to be for a 26yo who just won the clubs b&f. And then throwing away that pick 15 and still expecting the deal to get done is just pure arrogance.

Dogs only lose out on pick 15-18 if they let him walk to the PSD. In that case I can see them doing it. We let LJ walk to the PSD then we're missing out on 13 and a potential top 10 pick (I expect freo to fall next season). That's a situation where you take the unders offered. 

• Like 6

Can I just ask are there any out of contract next season players we can target to [censored] them right back?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, manny100 said:

Freo's offer is an insult.

My heart sank when I saw that...

Have they dropped their offer or are you referring to the one in this later post?

6 hours ago, mmwd6 said:

In both situations though the player is out of contract, so they'll be paying unders.

I think 13 and F1 will be close to the actual deal. I know it's unders, but it will likely be evened up with some later pick swaps (NMF2 maybe involved).

I would settle for that and give them our F2 and or F3 back since we typically don't take picks >40 to the draft.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, darkhorse72 said:

That's how it should work. "Out of contract" should be a minor consideration at best; for chances are if the player didn't receive on offer "to good to refuse", they would stay with their current club. It's up to the club chasing a player to come to the party with appreciate picks - picks reflecting their contract offer,  If they are going to pay the equivalent of top 10 player in the league then the picks should be valued as this as well. Note: Free Agency is there for clubs to access a player directly.

If it's a disgruntled or unhappy player who wishes to leave, then they shouldn't be so fussy as to where.

Personally, I would have a system where should a trade not be agreed upon and the player subsequently won't re-sign with the club; then the player gets classified as disgruntled and they go into an Auction (1 yr contract) for all clubs to bid on.

14 hours ago, IRW said:

Assuming they agree with the scribes opinion of various lists.

I thought Melbourne had an unbeatable Dynasty ..

I guess they had no idea...much like the fantasies that were posted on here most of last year 

WC will just do what gets them the  players they want.

So bitter ...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

No I don’t Sue, but if what I have been told is true, it is purely a family matter

9 minutes ago, forever demons said:

well let us in on it

Yeah, [censored] tell us this PRIVATE FAMILY MATTER! I, as an anonymous poster, deserve to be told of a STRANGER’S FAMILY MATTER as it causing me momentary distress due to the inability of my football club to get commensurate value in a trade!

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, xman97 said:

I know he signed a contract not long ago, but I hope we’ve been in Hayden Young’s ear.
Peter Bell’s tiny little head will explode if we convinced Young to be traded haha!

He's signed until 2027 and freo don't let their contracted players go easily. They would almost certainly hold him to every year of that contract unless they could get like 3 top 5 picks or something crazy like that. I'll never forget pick 2 for Lachie weller

16 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

You’re projecting what I do and do not know. I respectfully request that you keep your own inane summations to yourself

This man is not as it all seems….posters on here say ‘there, there’ and ‘thanks for your service’ but I’ll say one thing - he will never set foot in the club again

How do you know this?

9 hours ago, darkhorse72 said:

Exactly right. You could argue that we paid overs for Lever, but we were determined to get him, so you pay what you think they’re worth. You can’t go after a player during the season, offer them huge dollars and then try to screw their parent club - bad form.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, A F said:

How do you know this?

It’s pretty obvious IMV. I have no issue for LJ wanting to leave. It’s his right. However it’s not too much for us to ask LJ to behave professionally in the matter so that we are adequately compensated or have some leverage in negotiations.

This is the part that leaves a sour taste and I’m sure the club would be unhappy with this as well given how much we have supported him and did right by him all year.  It is quite disrespectful.

Edited by CYB
  • Like 3