POSTGAME: GRAND FINAL vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

26 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

It really happened. Name now engraved on the cup.

premiership cup.jpg

18 minutes ago, Demonland said:

21A01DB9-CFBE-4F4F-BCC3-AAE4B0C271AD.jpeg

Where did you get that from?

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

21A01DB9-CFBE-4F4F-BCC3-AAE4B0C271AD.jpeg

My new wallpaper ❤️💙

I figure if I see it every time I turn my phone on it might finally sink in. 💕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2021 at 1:03 AM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Anyone quietly happy that the celebrations were forced to finish just half a week in as most of the club headed back to VIC? Now the boys     can already focus on 2022.

I’ll never forget Jared Roughead commenting that after their 2008 flag, Hawthorn returned to pre season with an extra player in terms of added skin-fold and proceeded to have a complacent 2009 and somehow missed the finals after their breakthrough flag.

No club that has broken their major drought  (Sydney, Hawthorn 2008 Geelong, Dogs and Richmond) has gone back to back. 

True, but Sydney got as close as you can get without doing so (loss by 1 point in 2006). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Steve said:

Muck raking by McClure. Patently ridiculous to suggest the signing of this song is the reason why a bitter rivalry has developed. IF there is rivalry its because the teams have faced off as 1 and 2 placed teams twice during H&A and contested a GF. Nothing to do with a popular song which is sung by numerous sets of fans.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BDA said:

Muck raking by McClure. Patently ridiculous to suggest the signing of this song is the reason why a bitter rivalry has developed. IF there is rivalry its because the teams have faced off as 1 and 2 placed teams twice during H&A and contested a GF. Nothing to do with a popular song which is sung by numerous sets of fans.

He didn’t say that. He said there is animosity between the teams and the FDs and that it was displayed with their rendition of that stupid song.

He said it on Sportsday that he hosts with Gerard Healy.

I think he’s right, and I love that we drew first blood.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rpfc said:

He didn’t say that. He said there is animosity between the teams and the FDs and that it was displayed with their rendition of that stupid song.

He said it on Sportsday that he hosts with Gerard Healy.

I think he’s right, and I love that we drew first blood.

I don’t think there’s too much love lost between (these) two clubs, both the administrators and players,” McClure told SEN’s Sports Day.

This is a rivalry full of nastiness and there’s a few things that stem from it. There are senior players from both sides that don’t particularly get along”.

“The fact that Melbourne sang the same Bulldogs song they sang in the rooms that leaked on social media, it got back to the Dogs and it didn’t go down too well”

I don’t think McClure can assert there is a nasty rivalry based on us singing a song. Where does the nastiness come from? How has he formed this view? Does he explain further in the Sports Day interview? Do you have a link?

3 hours ago, Mr Steve said:

What a load of [censored]! I’m embarrassed for every journalist involved in this! If true “get over it princess. You don’t own the song” more likely to be journalists trying to make something out of nothing though. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Marty said:

What a load of [censored]! I’m embarrassed for every journalist involved in this! If true “get over it princess. You don’t own the song” more likely to be journalists trying to make something out of nothing though. 

Slow news day. And what do you do on a slow news day? Why, you take a nothing story and blow it outta proportion! Better still, make sh*tt up!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RickyJ45 said:

freed from desire.... my new ringtone...

The chorus was adapted in 2012 by Stevenage F.C. fans for winger Luke Freeman as: "Freeman's on fire, your right back is terrified!" Following that, in early 2016, Newcastle United supporters adapted the song for their striker Aleksandar Mitrović, the refrain being: "Mitro's on fire, your defence is terrified", which has also been used by fans of Fulham FC. However, Mitrović suffered poor form; the chant came into greater prominence in May of that year, as Wigan Athletic supporter Sean Kennedy uploaded on YouTube his version of "Freed from Desire" titled "Will Grigg's on Fire", in recognition of the recent goal-scoring feats of Will Grigg, a Wigan player. Since it was uploaded, the song has become a viral football chant. This version was recorded by dance producers Blonde under the alias DJ Kenno, and it reached No. 76 on the UK single chart.

Fans from Northern Ireland also sang "Will Grigg's on Fire", notably during UEFA Euro 2016, as he played for Northern Ireland. Fans of Ireland, Wales, England, and France made their own versions of the song for their players, such as "Vardy's on Fire" and "Grizi's on Fire". It was later seen as the unofficial song of UEFA Euro 2016. "Freed from Desire" itself was used as the unofficial anthem for the Belgian team during the 2018 FIFA World Cup

As you can see it gets around, even my local soccer club started playing this at club events in 2016, someone tell the Bulldogs you can't own a banger aha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1