GAMEDAY: Grand Final vs Western Bulldogs

Winners at last

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

Except you’ve gotta wait 12 fggng hours before opening your presents. Worst. Christmas. EVER.

I've been asking Santa for a MFC premiership for 30 years and he hasn't bought one on Christmas day yet.  So if we win today, stuff that [censored], he can have his Christmas day, we'll celebrate MFC premiership day on September 25 every year in our household until we win one on another date in September.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Tokyo Olympics 1964, 2021 

Dees premiership 1964, …

Birds of Tokyo as the headline act

I love the omens all aligning 

Go Dees 

In the words of Max Gawn, “That’s news to me.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

There's a lot of talk about targeting Max and ....... no doubt Beveridge will have a plan to curb his influence.

However, there's been little said about Jackson. I reckon he could be today's wildcard. The doggies ruck stocks aren't good enough to handle them both and concentrating on Max could backfire badly.

The young bloke is playing "at home" . He'll be fired up for a big one.

Could be spot on here but also I hope that those 3 umpires keep an eye out for illegal blocking of Max way off the ball. Brisbane did it to him at Metricon last year and Umps did nothing. Hears hoping they pay one early to Max if it happens.

• Like 4

Feeling confident our last10 quarters of football terrific, a fit 23, in form, will bring pressure, it’s ours today!!

Dogs comparatively,

good 2nd half against Bombers 

lucky and umpire assisted against Lions who we beat by 4 goals 9! Average standard game, except it was close!

beat the witches hats called Port!

Demons will deliver four more ferocious quarters today and Dogs won’t stand the heat!!

Go Demons - Cup in sight!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Too distracted to post much of late.

I think we win, and win pretty easily in the end.

Objectively the bookies have got the price right at 1.65 (it has been the quote for two weeks now). 

We have won our last six matches, including 3 wins against top 4 sides. In doing so we averaged 100.5 per game.

In that same period the dogs have gone 4 wins and 3 losses and averaged 80 points per game.

In that period we have significantly improved two key elements - we have been scoring from stoppages and starting fast. All season the dogs have been terrific in both these areas, but have fallen away in the last 6 weeks

Even with the two week break to freshen up, the dogs are playing two players that are the very least suspect fitness wise in Keath and Martin - and that is always a huge risk in a Grand Final.

The Martin selection was tacit acknowledgement the model they have used all year of basically no ruck and sharking the opposition ruck man just won't cut it. At least not against us. 

By contrast, we could barely be fitter. We are fitter and stronger than the dogs and will run out the game better.

As we have shown all season, if the dogs have a lead at 3 quarter time they will struggle to hold us off. Conversely if we have a lead, which i expect we will, we will be very hard to run down.

Despite reports to the contrary, Beveridge is not a coaching savant who will magic up tactical moves that will bamboozle Goodie and his coaching team and overcome our advantages. 

Many are suggesting the two week break really helps the dogs. Not sure why.

Who knows what impact it will have, but we were able to have a full scale hit out las Saturday arvo. They couldn't becuase they needed to freshen up their weary troops.

Also the dogs get an advantage from the two week break narrative cuts against the us against the world  palaver Beveridge loves to engineer.

And the dogs would have probably preferred to keep going given their momentum - and bevo could also play the we have been in quarantine and the dees haven't, look at them at the beaches and cafe, card. 

Our preparation has been perfect, we have established a routine over the last month - one that as Pert noted on the Demonland podcast, was planned with exactly this scenario in mind.

Our game is built for the g and Optus oval is almost exactly the same dimensions. It suits us and with our defensive system and running power of all players, gives us a considerable comparative advantage. And this will be third time we have played there in the last 2 months. And in that time we have probably trained there at least 5 times

Many seem to be considering the dog's performance in the prelim to be the equal of ours. I don't.

Port were woeful and bizarrely did not bring the heat in the first quarter. Perhaps it was something to do with the fact Port thrive on the energy of their home crowd and there was on 26, 000 people there. 

The Cats were hard at it all game as evidenced by the pressure rating for the match, which was something like 185 to 175 our way.

That's a really poor preparation for the blitzkrieg they will face tonight. 

And there is no way we give Hannan and Smith the space to run into Port did. 

And it's worth noting Port beat them round 23 in a cut throat, must win game

And prior to the Port win, they were very lucky to just get over the top of the lions. A team we touched up by 7 goals (could easily have been 10) in our first final. 

I'm surprised more people have not pointed out the advantage we get of having already experienced the insanity of packed Optus Oval with its colour, intensity and above all deafening noise. That will all come as a shock to the dogs as might the fact it will be a very pro demons crowd. 

The major issue for the dogs is that we are unlikely to concede more than 70 points. Which means they have to keep us under 70 points to win.

On a perfect deck, in perfect conditions and with our offensive weapons' and ability to generate repeat inside 50s on back of forward half pressure, they will struggle mightily to do so. 

I think we will come out of the blocks and blitz them. They might stick with us for a quarter, maybe even a quarter and a half. But i expect we will get on top and be better place to take advantage of periods in the first half when we get the momentum.

I can see us with 4-5 goal lead at half time, with the dogs pressing super hard in the third quarter but not being able to significantly bridge the gap. So a 4-5 goal lead at three quarter time. 

Last quarter the dogs have spent there petrol tickets and we keep rolling to a 43 point win.

Tracc or Viney for the Norm Smith.

Good luck and super positive vibes to the Demonland posse. Thanks to all for your fantastic posts and for the dees community vibe. I've loved that aspect and its gone  along to way to mitigate the impact of the game not being here at the g.  

I hope everyone has wonderful days.

See you on the other side.

Go redlegs.

Edited by binman
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 6

This is surreal. 

I’m going to a GF in Perf that my beloved Demons are playing in. 

Giddy up!! 🔴🔵💪

• Like 27
  • Love 12

I am just loving this attention our club is receiving but to anxious to put my own thoughts out there. Go Dees.💕🙏💙❤️💙❤️🔥

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, binman said:

Too distracted to post much of late.

I think we win, and win pretty easily in the end.

Objectively the bookies have got the price right at 1.65 (it has been the quote for two weeks now). 

We have won our last six matches, including 3 win against top 4 sides. In doing so we averaged 100.5 games.

In that same period the dogs have gone 4 win and 3 losses and averaged 80 points per game.

In that period we have significantly improved two key elements - we have been scoring from stoppages and starting fast. All season the dogs have been terrific in both these areas, but have fallen away in the last 6 weeks

Even with the two week break to freshen up the dogs are playing tow players that are the very least suspect fitness wise in keath and Martin.

By contrast, we could barely be fitter. We are fitter and stronger than the dogs and will run out the game better. As we have show all season, if the dogs have a lead at 3 quarter time they will struggle to hold us off. Conversely if we have a lead, which i expect we will, we will be very hard to run down.

Despite reports the contrary, Beveridge is not a coaching savant who will magic up tactical moves that will bamboozle Good and his coaching team and overcome our advantages. 

Many are suggesting the  two week break really helps the dogs. Not sure why.

Who knows what impact it will have, but we were able to have a full scale hit out las Saturday arvo. They couldn't becuase they needed to freshen up their weary troops.

Also the dogs get an advantage from the two week break narrative cuts against the us against the world  palaver Beveridge loves to engineer.

And the dogs would have probably preferred to keep going given their momentum - and bevo could also play the we have been in quarantine and the dees haven't, look at them at the beaches and cafe, card. 

Our preparation has been perfect, we have established a routine over the last month - one that as Pert noted on the Demonland podcast, was planned with exactly this scenario in mind.

Our game is built for the g and Optus oval is almost exactly the same dimensions. It suits us and with our defensive system and running power of all players, gives us a considerable comparative advantage. And this will be third time we have played there in the last 2 months. And in that time we have probably trained there at lest 5 times

Many seem to be considering the dog's performance in the prelim to be the equal of ours. I don't.

Port were woeful and bizarrely did not bring the heat in the first quarter. Perhaps it was something to do with the fact Port thrive on the energy of their home crowd and there was on 26, 000 people there. 

The Cats were hard at it all game as evidenced by the pressure rating for the match with which was something like 185 to 175 our way.

And there is simply no way we give Hannan and Smit the space to run into Port did. 

That's a really poor preparation for the blitzkrieg they will face tonight. 

I'm surprised more people have not pointed out the advantage we get of having already experienced the insanity of packed Optus Oval with its colour, intensity and above all deafening noise. That will all come as a shock to the dogs as might the fact it will be a very pro demons crowd. 

The major issue for the dogs is that we are unlikely to concede more than 70 points. Which means they have to keep us under 70 points to win. On a perfect deck, in perfect conditions and with our offensive weapons' and ability to generate repeat inside 50s on back of forward half pressure, they will struggle mightily to do so. 

I think we will come out of the blocks and blitz them. They might stick with us for a quarter, maybe even a quarter and a half. But i expect we will get on top and be better place to take advantage of periods in the first half when we get the momentum.

I can see us with 4-5 goal lead at half time, with the dogs pressing super hard in the third quarter but not being able to significantly bridge the gap. So a 4-5 goal lead at three quarter time. 

Last quarter the dogs have spent there petrol tickets and we keep rolling to a 43 point win.

Tracc or Viney for the Norm Smith.

Good luck and super positive vibes to the Demonland posse. Thanks to all for your fantastic posts and for the dees community vibe. I've loved that aspect and its gone  along to way to mitigate the impact of the game not being here at the g.  

I hope everyone has wonderful days.

See you on the other side.

Go redlegs.

Perfect @binman. I wanted to post a big pre-game rev-up for all Demonlanders, brethren in nerves and ultimate exultation tonight, but the nerves are beating me. Nervertheless, we’re on, we all can feel it, and as you’ve said, can’t wait to celebrate with you all on the flip side. GO YOU MIGHTY DEES. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, McQueen said:

This is surreal. 

I’m going to a GF in Perf that my beloved Demons are playing in. 

Giddy up!! 🔴🔵💪

Say hello to Macca for me Macca

• Like 1