What they're saying at Whitten Oval.

Fork 'em

On 9/27/2021 at 9:50 AM, deelusions from afar said:

With the lock down and not being able to celebrate with friends and family, I've found myself trawling the individual (non participating) club boards that have grand final threads - it is quite satisfying seeing them go from "Dees are shot, give Bont the medal" to "Holy [censored] this is the most insane football I've ever seen - and in a grand final!"

This was also enjoyable:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/best-30-minutes-of-football-ever.1287418/

Yeah, this is a great thread isn't it?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Of all the teams to beat the Bulldogs are probably the ones I have no ill feelings towards.

Except Lachie Hunter, can’t stand him.

I don't have anything against Bulldogs supporters, but their team is so full of FIGJAMs they give Geelong a run for their money. Beating them was a delight.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 9/27/2021 at 8:31 AM, Mazer Rackham said:

I read through that game day thread on the WOOF web site and just reading their comments on "that 10 minutes" gave me chills all over again.

From hope, confidence, belief, to shell shock and trauma.

On Sunday I read through some neutral clubs' game day threads and their post match comments. They weren't shell shocked but they were awed, amazed, impressed, and frightened by what they saw.

Shock and awe.

Each GF has its story. Some that come to mind ... 1970: handball handball handball. 2005: whosit's game saving mark in the last minute. 2010: but for one crazy bounce of the ball ...

I think the "story" of 2021's GF, when people talk about it at the pub or whatever, will be ... oh yeah, that was the one where the Demons exploded and blew the Dogs off the park in 10 minutes of devastating football. "That 10 minutes."

How fitting. We played like Demons and put the Dogs through hell. Supporters of all clubs will remember this game, and "those 10 minutes", always.

Yep, 57 years of fury in 10 minutes of football!

Clarry’s goal and aeroplane celebration had me in tears and out the front door, screaming incoherently and with guttural savagery at the stars!

Better watch it again.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

They were laughing how the premiership was theirs and how sweet it was. Once they started losing they changed their tune saying 2021 doesn’t count. They even claimed they’re still better than us. Come on, we were in the top 4 all year. The only beat Brisbane by a bees d**k. They claim they they weren’t doing certain things and got unfair penalties, very few actually admit we were the better team.

They also claimed that margins don’t really matter. Ok beaten by 74 points they’re still the better team. I was embarrassed and humiliated when We lost in 2000 by 60 points. I’d never once claim it didn’t matter. Clowns

• Like 6

All I heard all week from bulldogs fans that because they’ve played more, they’ll be more fresh and we had played one game in 28 days and it would disadvantage us.

After the grand final, all I heard was how they had to travel all round and barely had any time to rest and try it’s why they lost

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

On 9/26/2021 at 8:43 PM, Bitter but optimistic said:

I just had a look at the Norf's big footy page to see what they had to say about BBB. 

While there was some to and fro about him, what infuriated and disgusted me were some vile and disgusting posts about Daisy Pearce by a couple of absolute pigswill and moronic posters.

It stems (they claim) from a comment Daisy made about BBB leaving Norf for Melbourne.

I have now moved Norf  to the top of my most hated oppo supporters list and fervently hope that their ****ty club remains cellar dwellers until they are disbanded.

…. or preferably  relocated ( or to use a 18th century English judicial term, transported)  to van Diemans Land.  

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 2

On 9/26/2021 at 8:43 PM, Bitter but optimistic said:

I just had a look at the Norf's big footy page to see what they had to say about BBB. 

While there was some to and fro about him, what infuriated and disgusted me were some vile and disgusting posts about Daisy Pearce by a couple of absolute pigswill and moronic posters.

It stems (they claim) from a comment Daisy made about BBB leaving Norf for Melbourne.

I have now moved Norf  to the top of my most hated oppo supporters list and fervently hope that their ****ty club remains cellar dwellers until they are disbanded.

Anyone against Daisy is my enemy. She is as much Melbourne as Demonland.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

I believe the Doggy fan or fans who desecrated a Demon shrine (at us getting to the GF that was painted in someone’s house) in Footscray may have helped bring some bad karma on the Dogs for the Grand Final.

• Like 1

Got out on the bike yesterday morning. All those people that painted their picket fences red, white & blue before the GF must be regretting that decision now they're looking at another three coats to get rid of it so soon afterwards. Lucky for them the block sizes in Footscray and Seddon are quite small. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Got out on the bike yesterday morning. All those people that painted their picket fences red, white & blue before the GF must be regretting that decision now they're looking at another three coats to get rid of it so soon afterwards. Lucky for them the block sizes in Footscray and Seddon are quite small. 

They could of course paint the white ones alternately red and blue     

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

I hope they got approval from their landlords.... 😉

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, low flying Robbo said:

I hope they got approval from their landlords.... 😉

I didn't think squatters had landlords? 🙃

Edited by picket fence
  • Haha 3

What annoys me is reading through it again is they claim that we got away with several throws. While I agree there were some of our passes that looked questionable, they were guilty of many as well, but they chose to conveniently ignore those. They only complain about the umpiring when it benefits us and say nothing when the same happens to them. Teat for tat, I say  

Edited by Cassiew
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

58 minutes ago, Cassiew said:

What annoys me is reading through it again is they claim that we got away with several throws. While I agree there were some of our passes that looked questionable, they were guilty of many as well, but they chose to conveniently ignore those. They only complain about the umpiring when it benefits us and say nothing when the same happens to them. Teat for tat, I say  

I thought we got a good run from the umpires and that they umpired really well. Or maybe it was just they didn’t get their usual silver service. 

• Like 3

No matter what the supporter from other teams say 2021 was our year whether we were lucky or not the result is in the record books and wont change.

I agree we had a good year with injury but most times the premier have good years and a bit of luck but the way we beat the 3 teams in the finals was emphatic 33 83 and 74 we were getting better with each outing.

We were challanged by the Bulldogs but they were found wanting and if you look at the Bulldog players faces when Clayton kicked the goal with 20 seconds left in 3rd quarter it was shell shock of the highest order and they had lost the game at that point and did not believe they could come back from there like they did in the 2nd quarter.

We should enjoy our victory because come the 1st match of the 2022 season we are on zero wins like every other side and must climb the AFL ladder again, then win finals to get to the holy grail in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Cassiew said:

Any bulldog fan complaining about umpiring needs a reality check. The dogs had a +79 free kick differential for the home and away season! That’s one of the highest ever! That means they AVERAGE 3.4 more frees than their opposition EVERY GAME! For contrast our Dees were -11! That’s -0.4 frees a game on the opposition. The nearest team to them, Geelong had literally half the frees they got, thats unheard of, and it’s a consistent trend, the umps love the doggies!
Two of the six games for the year where the dogs lost the free kick count were the prelim and the GF, the two games the best 6/3 umpires umpired, coincidence?!

They can whinge about whatever frees they want in the GF, we had a clear GOAL taken from us that would’ve put us 13 points clear in the second quarter. 
Whinge it up umpires pet dogs, we’re Premiers without all the assistance!

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/08/31/the-full-2021-afl-free-kick-ladder/

Edited by deejammin'