GAMEDAY: QF vs Brisbane

Whispering_Jack

6 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Coz I’m wearing a Dees beanie! And a Dees face mask. And MFC socks and I’m carrying a Dees tote bag. I’m already up in everyone’s grill as it is!

Just remembered: I’m wearing my Demonland t-shirt too. But relax everyone! The DL t-shirt sustained no coffee besmirching. Phew. 

Fabulous! And a little bit sorry I asked. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jnrmac said:

I don't see Brisbane as having quick ball movement. They're very slow and methodical coming from their d50 to minimise turnovers. Happy to kick to a contest where their talls come up from the Fwd line.

Its then they try to go quickly and they get quite a few goals over the back. 

Ooooh, I just twitched remembering all those over the back goals in past years

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dee-tox said:

Brissy went out in straight sets last year. Chris Pagan won't like another loss in a major final and this team will give plenty. 

They got to the preliminary last year by beating Richmond in week one, but getting rolled by Geelong in their second match. You are thinking of 2019 (when they were stiff as well in losing to Richmond then getting pipped by GWS).

Saw a stat today that when Cemron kicks no goals, Brisbane are 0-3. If he kicks 3 goals, they are 9-0.

They also had 5 guys kick more than 25 goals.

Very nervous about their firepower.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Weekends don't get much bigger in the Nesbitt household than a Qualifying Final and an old Old Firm game. I hope I still have a voice come Monday morning. Enjoy your day everyone. 

There’s only one game I want to see the Red and Blue win Rab

Gawaan the Hoops

• Like 2

Brisbane are two years older and more experienced, are in their prime and into their 3rd consecutive top 4 finals campaign, if we win it will be against the tide ...

Average Attributes
  Melbourne Attribute Brisbane  
187.4cm Height 188.4cm
85.8kg Weight 88.3kg
24yr 8mth Age 26yr 5mth
93.4 Games 119.3

Total Players By Games
  Melbourne Games Brisbane  
7 Less than 50 5
2 50 to 99 5
10 100 to 149 5
3 150 or more 7
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Weekends don't get much bigger in the Nesbitt household than a Qualifying Final and an old Old Firm game. I hope I still have a voice come Monday morning. Enjoy your day everyone. 

Enjoy. I hope our boy Ange does well in his first one 

😉

• Like 2

I hope you're celebrating a famous win for the Dees tonight along with the rest of us. As for the old firm game, I'm hoping the Bhoys give Rangers a tonking

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

There’s only one game I want to see the Red and Blue win Rab

Gawaan the Hoops

Hey there Pennant. Enjoy cheering on the boys and the bhoys. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Deebymistake said:

To all those SA dees supporters going to the game, so darn happy for you guys.  Go proudly, cheer loudly and raise hell for all us Victorians who literally are in hell.  

From me too here in Northern NSW.

Yell your guts out for us. Get them over the line and soak it all up.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Deebymistake said:

To all those SA dees supporters going to the game, so darn happy for you guys.  Go proudly, cheer loudly and raise hell for all us Victorians who literally are in hell.  

Glorious day here on the Victorian/NSW border.
No cases within 2hrs drive and cannot leave the yard without being interrogated and having my papers checked by Dans gestapo.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Pollyanna said:

Brisbane are two years older and more experienced, are in their prime and into their 3rd consecutive top 4 finals campaign, if we win it will be against the tide ...

Average Attributes
  Melbourne Attribute Brisbane  
187.4cm Height 188.4cm
85.8kg Weight 88.3kg
24yr 8mth Age 26yr 5mth
93.4 Games 119.3

Total Players By Games
  Melbourne Games Brisbane  
7 Less than 50 5
2 50 to 99 5
10 100 to 149 5
3 150 or more 7

Great Post Pollyanna. Thats a substantial age difference.  The interesting stat I reckon is we have 10 players to their 5 with 100 to 150.

I suspect these are the Olivers, Tracs , Langdon, Lever, Hunt, Brayshaw etc .. Which are now young but experieneced . c..f. Lions. Could be an advantage, or at least a very bright future for the Dees in what is a 5 year journey starting tonight towards a Flag.  We will win inside this upcoming window.

I suspect it will be next year, but hope I am wrong.

Port is being oversold today, with the media ignoring the clear warning signs in the Cats list.

Cats were my big worry - but not anymore.

• Like 4

Well here we are.

Sure rolled around quick with the joy of last weeks win warming the cockles of our hearts.( not sure i spelt that right).

We can do this.

We will do this.

Enjoy the day dlanders.

Kozzie to have a day out.

Dees by twenty five.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bingers said:

My only concern is the number of young players who haven't played in a final before

I am not too concerned. 

A couple may get overwhelmed, become fumbly and make errors (could be the experienced players as well), but I think with the balance (old and new heads) of our team they should be fine. It may also help our youngsters, as there are no preconceived ideas and may free them up.

Some could stand up as  being made for finals. Hoping that is Pickett, Rivers, Petty, Sparrow and Jackson.

Am I hoping for too much?

• Like 2