Where will we play the Lions?

Demonland

1 minute ago, Pulp Fritschon said:

If not Alice lets just go to the Gabba. Will get a good crowd. We take the gate. Best thing for footy. 

Forget best for footy. It’s all about best for us. I do not want to play Lions at their home ground. It’s our home game. We don’t deserve such a disadvantage. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Does it matter? I mean the only benefit which I am highly jealous of is if you are in some random city and they just so happen to pick somewhere close to where you live. I feel for the nt crowd and for those who would’ve enjoyed the game live, but as far as I’m concerned, lions anywhere any place.

and I have never felt this way about the dees in my life. They could play in my neighbours yard, I’d still be excited to watch.

guys, what a time to be alive

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

There is no way we should agree to play in Queensland at all. not at the GABBA nor Carrara. The Lions can get stuffed. They were so well looked after last year. This is one of the greatest overreactions by the Government. Virtue signalling at its finest as usual. Go play in Sydney or Canberra. 

The Victorian lockdown is virtue signalling?

• Like 3

Personally if we can’t play it in the Alice (really hope that isn’t the case) I say we play it at Giants Stadium. Neutral venue, but we actually played quite well there last year, then look to shift our GWS home game there on 3rd July. 

EDIT Also under no circumstances should we accept it being played in QLD. 

Edited by Pates
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, CYB said:

If we can’t play in Alice play it at the G and move another game of ours there later on in the year. 

A Queensland-based team will not be playing in Melbourne for obvious reasons. The only sensible place to play a game against a non-Victorian team is NSW because we don't have COVID exposure currently and only close our borders under extreme circumstances. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pulp Fritschon said:

If not Alice lets just go to the Gabba. Will get a good crowd. We take the gate. Best thing for footy. 

memories of our darkest days when we sold multiple home games to Brisbane.

No thanks

Even going to Sydney costs us over $500k in lost revenue from the NT.

The virus couldn't have hit us at a worse time.

I'd prefer Wagga oval tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

memories of our darkest days when we sold multiple home games to Brisbane.

No thanks

Even going to Sydney costs us over $500k in lost revenue from the NT.

The virus couldn't have hit us at a worse time.

I'd prefer Wagga oval tbh

Okay what bout Albury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Unless the COVID numbers explode, I would be surprised if the NT government don’t let the game go ahead

You live in Alice don't you rgrs?

I'm assuming its a pretty important match for the nt government in terms of promoting tourism. Particularly now that people can't travel overseas.

A genuine Friday night blockbuster. Massive ratings. The best bang for bucks of any of these matches. 

And it would be a big hit for the local economy. A friend looked at accommodation with thought of flying up.  Completely full.

The dees are in iso all week and will have daily tests probably. Could fly in on Friday morning and book a hotel area and be isolated. Then bus to the game. Flt out next day.

What's the sense about the likelihood of it going ahead? Or how keen the government is for it to?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Okay what bout Albury.

Wagga is the centre of the Riverina league (Carey's home town ) and has a very good Aussie rules oval. Have not seen the Albury oval but why not.

No way will "normal" Victorians be allowed in NT next Friday. Cancelled my flights and accomodation on Thursday

24 minutes ago, Pates said:

Personally if we can’t play it in the Alice (really hope that isn’t the case) I say we play it at Giants Stadium. Neutral venue, but we actually played quite well there last year, then look to shift our GWS home game there on 3rd July. 

EDIT Also under no circumstances should we accept it being played in QLD. 

Call me crazy, but if it can't be played at tbe Alice and we get the gate I reckon we should pick the gabba.

It would be a bold move. A statement. Anyone. Any where. Any time.

We play ok there. Know it well after last year. And would get to play in front of a packed house. Good practice for finals.

And as a home game all the qld demon fans could go, so it wouldn't be a totally lions crowd. 

Would have a much, much better vibe than bloody giants stadium with 33 people there.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, binman said:

You live in Alice don't you rgrs?

I'm assuming its a pretty important match for the nt government in terms of promoting tourism. Particularly now that people can't travel overseas.

A genuine Friday night blockbuster. Massive ratings. The best bang for bucks of any of these matches. 

And it would be a big hit for the local economy. A friend looked at accommodation with thought of flying up.  Completely full.

The dees are in iso all week and will have daily tests probably. Could fly in on Friday morning and book a hotel area and be isolated. Then bus to the game. Flt out next day.

What's the sense about the likelihood of it going ahead? Or how keen the government is for it to?

Well if the fully booked accommodation (know it is from friends who tried to book about a month ago) includes Melbournians flying up for the game there will suddenly be lots of vacancies.  

I guess the NT government will be very cautious about exposing its vulnerable communities so it will depend a lot on what happens in Melbourne over the next 2-3 days. They may allow a tested team to fly in for 24-36 hrs but not allow ‘tourists’ to fly in and out. 

• Like 1