COVID & AFL 2021

Demonland

Not much chance of any of us seeing the Demons play again this yeah.

We should stay in Perth and the Crows and Cats should fly over. Melb cannot be trusted to last even a few days out of Lockdown

Flat AS.  so flat

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I feel you.

I am meant to go interstate on my now 3 times rescheduled honeymoon in 3 weeks. That holiday is now slipping away faster than Gold Coast last week.

If I don't have a holiday soon I will probably lose my mind.

You  will survive Jaded. You are well versed in coping with disappointment over a long period of time. Supporting the MFC has taught you resilience in spades.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Wouldn’t be surprised if the AFL are in discussion with McGowan and the WA government for a 4 week finals hub in Perth, the way things are panning out, 7 day quarantine for all 8 teams during the pre finals bye.

TV and gate revenue to recoup some lost funds over the last 2 seasons. Still a lot at risk if it gets into WA

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Not much chance of any of us seeing the Demons play again this yeah.

We should stay in Perth and the Crows and Cats should fly over. Melb cannot be trusted to last even a few days out of Lockdown

Flat AS.  so flat

So am I.

This lockdown's going to hurt the most as it will be probably be the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of ruling out the grand final and possibly all finals.

I know I should be grateful if we win a flag this year but watching it in lockdown with a 500 metre travel radius imposed on all Victorians and a 6:30pm curfew sounds like the pits if you ask me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BDA said:

Definitely prefer Adelaide. It's easier to get to if the Dees make it

Strongly agree.  It's possible to drive to Adelaide.  Drive to Perth is a big ask.  Flights will be impossible to get.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Age said:

How does this week go ahead? 5 games in Vic that surely can't go ahead and it's got to be too late to move everyone interstate

Games will go ahead with no crowds as planned like they always have. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John Crow Batty said:

Got my second dose of AZ on Monday. Feeling a little wonky for a couple of days but fine today. I urge everyone not to waste time if you haven’t got one already. Get in quickly. 

How old are you (if you don't mind me asking)?

I have to admit another lock down is not easy to contemplate as I watch the 5pm news. It is not as hard for me as numerous others but it must be tough for some. It must be  hard for the young to see what the future holds for all those trying to make their  way in the world. Lots of things that I have been able take for granted are now severely   restricted to them. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, BDA said:

Gil is earning his fat salary this year. It must be a nightmare trying to keep the show on the road

I am no fan but I don't envy him

• Like 1

I guess my concern of finals hub in Perth is the quality/saftey/look of the surface grand final day after playing 8 finals in the 3 week lead up to the granny.

I'd love for Vic to kick this delta variants [censored] and reclaim the granny like they deserve. 

Second best option would be QLD imo, not just because I'd cheer for 100 demons supporters but because we have two afl grounds here to hold a finals hub. 

Top 4 teams play their finals at the Gabba. 

5-8 at metricon 

Semis played at metricon 

With prelims and granny at the Gabba.

*assuming we also kick this delta variants [censored]* 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GCDee said:

I guess my concern of finals hub in Perth is the quality/saftey/look of the surface grand final day after playing 8 finals in the 3 week lead up to the granny.

I'd love for Vic to kick this delta variants [censored] and reclaim the granny like they deserve. 

Second best option would be QLD imo, not just because I'd cheer for 100 demons supporters but because we have two afl grounds here to hold a finals hub. 

Top 4 teams play their finals at the Gabba. 

5-8 at metricon 

Semis played at metricon 

With prelims and granny at the Gabba.

*assuming we also kick this delta variants [censored]* 

they could easily fly one or two games into Adelaide which would make it work well crowd wise

If you were playing all in WA at least two of the first weeks games would be played at a WAFL stadium because you just wouldn't get any reasonable attendance for all four games.

Other than the GF the crowds in Qld last year were rather abysmal

14 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

they could easily fly one or two games into Adelaide which would make it work well crowd wise

If you were playing all in WA at least two of the first weeks games would be played at a WAFL stadium because you just wouldn't get any reasonable attendance for all four games.

Other than the GF the crowds in Qld last year were rather abysmal

Yeah WA definitely and SA as well would be good. Would be good to give some finals to Tassie as well 

Write the rest of the country off.

I'm sitting in Northern Rivers NSW watching this stuff creep up the coast.

As a resident of NSW I'd just like to apologise in advance for the crap that's likely to come your way. It's becoming a hot mess in NSW. Half the people I know around here haven't bothered or aren't planning to get vaxed.

Moving my second AZ shot forward to next Monday.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Yeah WA definitely and SA as well would be good. Would be good to give some finals to Tassie as well 

Write the rest of the country off.

I'm sitting in Northern Rivers NSW watching this stuff creep up the coast.

As a resident of NSW I'd just like to apologise in advance for the crap that's likely to come your way. It's becoming a hot mess in NSW. Half the people I know around here haven't bothered or aren't planning to get vaxed.

Moving my second AZ shot forward to next Monday.

I want to bring my second AZ shot forward but wasn’t sure how early this can happen. If you don’t mind me asking, when did you have your first shot?

Things could be worse. For example, my wife's book launch at La Mama was due on July the 17th. The lockdown started on the 15th. Her father's funeral is tomorrow. More than 50 people wanted to attend: the figure is now 10.

Yet there are still morons who take the likes of Alan Jones and his ilk to heart and pretend this plague has to do with the infringements to OUR FREEDOMS. 

• Like 5