GAMEDAY: Rd 08 vs Brisbane

11 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Playing Jones has put us behind the 8 ball already. 

There is a regular track watcher who is at this very moment furiously typing a raging defence of Jonesy.

The melts will be epic.

P.S. I'm actually happy to see Jones back in the team and think he should give us something if played forward.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, binman said:

Well you know what they say about country folk....:pj:

That we are living the dream?

:roos:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, binman said:

Brilliant Brady. Enjoy the game.

I have really missed watching us live this year. But i love it that some dees fans can now get to some games.

You must be pumped the tassie game looks as if it will now be at the Gabba or Metricon. 

Yeah mate I’m absolutely stoked to be able to go to some games live. Tonight and then Thursday night, plus Collingwood then hopefully North too. Sucks for you guys doing it tough down there. Living in Queensland not sure I’ll ever get the chance to see this many Dees games live in such a short space of time again, so going to make the most of it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Josh said:

GAME DAY oh yeah baby. Got a pastrami on the smoker and a Ruben sandwich (if you don't know look it up) for dinner, gotta try stay of the cans long enough though. 4 am start tomorrow isn't going to be fun, especially getting through the permit zone into NSW...

I find myself jumping on the Game Day thread early to see what Josh is smoking/slow cooking/BBQing- good stuff! 

• Haha 4

Been doing some brewing this morning and I usually like to have a few as I'm cleaning up the Brewhaus (ie carhole)...could be trouble by gametime.

The boy played his first game for the season yesterday in the U-10s, kicking the frost off the ground at 9am. They had a dominant win which I am taking as an omen. Their number 31 was BOG with a great aerial display for a kid...Fritta omen.

• Like 4

Until getting trapped in Oz I've spent most of my adult life living in time-zones west of Australia. I thought getting up at 5am in Europe to watch the football was a drag. But having to wait until after 5pm is much worse. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

I find myself jumping on the Game Day thread early to see what Josh is smoking/slow cooking/BBQing- good stuff! 

I used to start real early every weekend for work and for a while I started nearly every game day thread.

I guess this is my new thing

• Like 2

There is no doubt how clever the technology is that shows ads on Demonland that reflect interests, concerns and likely sales opportunities. 

An excellent example is this ad with a picture of my face showing my frown and worry lines that is featuring prominently on my game day thread (best i don't mention the others):

4391339146297533730?sqp=4sqPyQQ7QjkqNxABHQAAtEIgASgBMAk4A0DwkwlYAWBfcAKAAQGIAQGdAQAAgD-oAQGwAYCt4gS4AV_FAS2ynT4&rs=AOga4qmXU9EjjyA870hWM7JEdgBXwkNaSw

1 hour ago, DemonOX said:

Where was this reported binman?

Tasmania have closed off their borders to most states (including Qld), and so North's two Tassie games have had to be shifted to QLD. 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Until getting trapped in Oz I've spent most of my adult life living in time-zones west of Australia. I thought getting up at 5am in Europe to watch the football was a drag. But having to wait until after 5pm is much worse. 

Lets hope you can find a way out of here....

• Like 1

Don't think we'll win this. The Lions are in the kind of form we are merely aspiring to be in right now. Will be happy with a gutsy, tight and close game (and would of course be elated with a win!). The only thing that would upset me is seeing any kind of regression and a low-effort performance.

Edited by Mel Bourne
  • Like 1

If you look at the rain radar, it looks like substantial showers in about 2 hours, for about an   then dry for maybe 3 hours, but that might slip away south    look at it again at 5pm                   Go Dees

22 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Lets hope you can find a way out of here....

I'm scouting time-zones where I can wake up at a reasonable hour, make coffee, and then watch the footy. Turkmenistan here I come. 

8 minutes ago, 640MD said:

If you look at the rain radar, it looks like substantial showers in about 2 hours, for about an   then dry for maybe 3 hours, but that might slip away south    look at it again at 5pm                   Go Dees

Really hard to tell what that bit of rain out West will do by the time it gets to the GC (if at all...).  Either way, think it's most likely to be fine most of the time...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Skuit said:

I'm scouting time-zones where I can wake up at a reasonable hour, make coffee, and then watch the footy. Turkmenistan here I come. 

I can recommend Russia.... Relatively inexpensive and everything you need.

And then there's Georgia (most of Russia's best food is Georgian)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I can recommend Russia.... Relatively inexpensive and everything you need.

And then there's Georgia (most of Russia's best food is Georgian)

I should have mentioned I'm averse to cold and fond of water. But whereabouts in Russia? Is it easy to get a visa for an extended stretch (I have dual Oz and Dutch citizenship)? Georgia is intriguing. 

7 hours ago, Forest Demon said:

Rain has been expected, so we should be prepared, but it has bucketed down all night in Brisbane. I can only assume it’s similar on the GC.

On paper you’d think the wet suits us, but past evidence suggests it doesn’t. We need to play smart this evening.

It doesnt look like its going to rain during the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skuit said:

I should have mentioned I'm averse to cold and fond of water. But whereabouts in Russia? Is it easy to get a visa for an extended stretch (I have dual Oz and Dutch citizenship)? Georgia is intriguing. 

If you like history Moscow is great. Kazan sits on the Volga.

Georgia is great. I forgot to mention that it is where wine originated (though next door Armenia says the same). Tbilisi and the mountains.

Visas for Georgia are relatively easy for Westerners. IIRC you can stay for a year. Russia is more of a process.

2 hours ago, pineapple dee said:

" Abandon hope all ye who barrack for the dees"  I think that's in the bible somewhere. Either Revelations, or the bit which has " Blessed are the cheesemakers "

And if you haven't read the bible yet, don't bother. I've read the end.   The devil did it !!!!!

Whats so special about the chessemakers?