Heritier Lumumba

The Third Eye

47 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

I expect the next story to be criticism that the investigation is not external or independent. And that would be a fair criticism. I can't even see how Collingwood can see how this can play out well for them. If the review finds Collingwood's behaviour has been racist, the club will be criticised and, if that's the case, deservedly so. If the review claims Collingwood's behaviour has not been racist, it will be described as a cover-up and Lumumba will still be aggrieved.

• Like 1

His beef is with Collingwood and nothing to do with us so I hope he continues to give them grief. BTW I used to be also nicknamed “chimp” but not for racial reason but because I could climb anything and do fancy acrobatics. If I were dark skinned however I would find the term very offensive. 

Roosy has backed up Lumumba's account now too.

Says a lot that even after so many adding their own accounts that Collingwood would need to 'investigate' them and have consistently used language that questions Lumumba's story.

• Like 1

I am staggered that McGuire kept his jobs in the media after calling Adam Goodes King Kong. 

If he had said it in the last month he would have been axed for sure. 

H.L.is not going to let this go...

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Roosy has backed up Lumumba's account now too.

Says a lot that even after so many adding their own accounts that Collingwood would need to 'investigate' them and have consistently used language that questions Lumumba's story.

Now,,, let me see;  do I believe Lamumba, or Eddie.

Eddie loves Goodes... Not.!

Eddie loves Winmar... Not.!

Eddie loves Eddie Pie... Yes, thats it.

I believe Lamumba.!

• Like 2

Nice to see Roosy jump at the chance for a bit of cheap publicity and no doubt deflecting from the fact that we recruited an absolute lemon.

It's shocking to have Lumumba's claims verified, even if it wasn't widespread or mean spirited what an idiotic playing group at the Pies. What I can't work out is why Lumumba has such a grudge against Buckley who was turning over the list and had the good sense to notice Lumumba's form and focus on football were both slipping.

It seems the awful nickname was far more prevalent at the time Malthouse was coaching than Buckley, yet Lumumba's grievances are with Bucks.

Our backyard isn't squeaky clean.

I don't want to give media or anyone else amunition but most of you 40 or over will know who I'm talking about.

There was a much loved indigenous player both by the players and supporters who had a nickname that never sat well with me.This isn't in hindsight.

Edited by Wrecker45
Typo

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Nice to see Roosy jump at the chance for a bit of cheap publicity and no doubt deflecting from the fact that we recruited an absolute lemon.

It's shocking to have Lumumba's claims verified, even if it wasn't widespread or mean spirited what an idiotic playing group at the Pies. What I can't work out is why Lumumba has such a grudge against Buckley who was turning over the list and had the good sense to notice Lumumba's form and focus on football were both slipping.

It seems the awful nickname was far more prevalent at the time Malthouse was coaching than Buckley, yet Lumumba's grievances are with Bucks.

My take on it is that it's been clearly more aimed at Collingwood, but Buckley's lies about the whole situation have thrust him to the front of the subject. From memory, almost all the comments I've seen from Lumumba have been at Collingwood and the only time he's epcifically mentioned Buckley is when Buckley had denied the whole thing (and was then caught out later).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

I don't want to give media or anyone else amunition but most of you 40 or over will know who I'm talking about.

There was a much loved indigenous player both by the players and supporters who had a nickname that never sat well with me.This isn't in hindsight.

Don't think I know this story, would be keen to hear mate. If you think it's not good to share here feel free to PM.

27 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

Sean Charles?

28 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

14 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Don't think I know this story, would be keen to hear mate. If you think it's not good to share here feel free to PM.

I would also be interested to know more about this, or at least what era it fell in.

34 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

All clubs will have these issues in their past.

...and if one of our ex players was aggrieved I hope we would apologise for poor behaviour.

My take is the problem lies with Collingwood's refusal to admit fault.

Heritier would like them to acknowledge what he says is correct and apologise.

Players have come out and verified his story so why do Collingwood feel the need to launch some half a.... enquiry.

I can understand his frustration.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rjay said:

All clubs will have these issues in their past.

...and if one of our ex players was aggrieved I hope we would apologise for poor behaviour.

My take is the problem lies with Collingwood's refusal to admit fault.

Heritier would like them to acknowledge what he says is correct and apologise.

Players have come out and verified his story so why do Collingwood feel the need to launch some half a.... enquiry.

I can understand his frustration.

Yep. If they'd dealt with it properly in the first place it would be water under the bridge by now.

Completely understand Hertier's stand on this. Just wants them to own up to it and apologise like decent human beings.

This just keeps swinging over Eddie's head.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Yep. If they'd dealt with it properly in the first place it would be water under the bridge by now.

Completely understand Hertier's stand on this. Just wants them to own up to it and apologise like decent human beings.

but eddie cleaned the club up some years back, starting with the cheer squad, wasn't it. 

Or was that just the outside,  with a black and white wash.?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Much like another prominent leader frequently in the news, Eddie doesn't "do" apologies. He does bluster and big-noting himself.

Come to think of it, why aren't YOU apologising to HIM???

• Like 1

In some ways I think if clubs knew of some particular dirty laundry regarding this topic right now now would be the best time to come forward and acknowledge it and apologise. Collingwood have denied it for so long that to admit it now will kind of look hollow, as if they were forced into it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

Ohhhh actually, I think I may know now, just clicked.

It wasn't a nickname at the club, it was an incident by G.Lyons during an Eagles game when he abused Chris Lewis who pointed out Charles to him, which Lyon said something along the lines "he understands".   Lyon apologised publicly and acknowledge how wrong it was expressed the same in his book at the time.  It was around the time of the stand by Kraker and the start of the changing culture of the AFL.   

• Like 1