Petracca Closes in on New Deal

Demonland

fitter-faster-petracca-closes-in-on-new-deal

It would be great to have him signed up early in the season, eliminate external speculation and allow him and the team to focus on getting us back up the ladder.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 13

10 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

fitter-faster-petracca-closes-in-on-new-deal

It would be great to have him signed up early in the season, eliminate external speculation and allow him and the team to focus on getting us back up the ladder.

Totally agree, I think Trac’s agent might be wanting him to hold off and back him in for a big year to get a bigger return but it would be more settled for him and the team to have it sorted before the start of the year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

I hope they wait until at least Mid season.

A new attitude needs time to settle down and become ingrained.  Or it could just as easily go south again.   Wait Melbourne, for Tracca's sake and ours.

Let him settle his new found maturity,  with some hunger to yet prove more to himself,  and to us all.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

A new attitude needs time to settle down and become ingrained.  Or it could just as easily go south again.   Wait Melbourne, for Tracca's sake and ours.

Let him settle his new found maturity,  with some hunger to yet prove more to himself,  and to us all.

I can see no value in delaying these matters.

If the involved parties can reach an agreement, do it and move on.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

So, if Trac is ready to sign now, do you propose that we say "just wait until mid season Christian, we are not sure that you can sustain this attitude if we sign you up now".  ...and then let every other club in the comp go sniffing around and promise a better deal than what the MFC can offer. 

Sorry, that just doesn't make sense. 

It doesn't make sense either that if we sign him up that he will slacken off and go back to old habits.  Trac is a competitive beast, I think the next level that he is evidently taking his game through a combination of natural maturity and lifting his training intensity is entirely self driven to attempt to become an elite player and it's just that it's taken a while for him to both build a base post knee reco and to realise just how hard he needs to work to become the player he probably sees himself as.  I doubt signing up to a good price for his new contract would have any bearing on his output.  Conversely, continued speculation on his playing future with the MFC could have a corrosive effect for both the club and him.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I can see no value in delaying these matters.

If the involved parties can reach an agreement, do it and move on.

Are we really that desperate that we need to rush in and sign before he has even played one H&A game in 2020.  Just let him settle.

Do you think we might loser him if he hasn't signed on by June.?   I don't think he is going anywhere but to be in Red and Blue.

Let him play, and get into a routine and see what his form really is,  and then make the contract accordingly, at that time.

We don't need to panic and rush these things.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

So, if Trac is ready to sign now, do you propose that we say "just wait until mid season Christian, we are not sure that you can sustain this attitude if we sign you up now".  ...and then let every other club in the comp go sniffing around and promise a better deal than what the MFC can offer. 

Sorry, that just doesn't make sense. 

It doesn't make sense either that if we sign him up that he will slacken off and go back to old habits.  Trac is a competitive beast, I think the next level that he is evidently taking his game through a combination of natural maturity and lifting his training intensity is entirely self driven to attempt to become an elite player and it's just that it's taken a while for him to both build a base post knee reco and to realise just how hard he needs to work to become the player he probably sees himself as.  I doubt signing up to a good price for his new contract would have any bearing on his output.  Conversely, continued speculation on his playing future with the MFC could have a corrosive effect for both the club and him.

I don't think anyone would speak in terms like that. he hasn't been at his best in the past and 'Seems'  to be maturing.   Why do anything Pre 2020 season,  that might alter the state of mind.

I see no value in rushing the contract terms prior to June, 2020.  Mid season break is the time, I reckon.

We see how he's shaping, and he sees how the team is shaping up.

• Like 1

Haven’t heard anything about this yet but god I hope this gets done soon before his price increases. He’s definitely going to improve his output this year and drive his price up further. There’s multiple other clubs, including the Pies, hounding his manager. If we’ve got open communication to get it done then we better not stuff it up.
At worst he’s a good forward option, which we need. At best he’s a potential midfielder/forward weapon in the Dusty/Dangerfield mould.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

I don't think anyone would speak in terms like that. he hasn't been at his best in the past and 'Seems'  to be maturing.   Why do anything Pre 2020 season,  that might alter the state of mind.

I see no value in rushing the contract terms prior to June, 2020.  Mid season break is the time, I reckon.

We see how he's shaping, and he sees how the team is shaping up.

He was pretty bloody good for the majority of last year as well though.  I think that's when he actually put it all together and what we are seeing now is the fruits of the 100% attitude that he has established last season and then applied to the entire preseason just gone.

I've seen enough.  You obviously haven't in your mind and that's fine too.

Hopefully one way or another he has an outstanding season and signs up to the MFC on a long term deal - happy days.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

He was pretty bloody good for the majority of last year as well though.  I think that's when he actually put it all together and what we are seeing now is the fruits of the 100% attitude that he has established last season and then applied to the entire preseason just gone.

I've seen enough.  You obviously haven't in your mind and that's fine too.

Hopefully one way or another he has an outstanding season and signs up to the MFC on a long term deal - happy days.

Well he's contracted now, until the end of 2020.   I think we should wait til mid-season, and see, and the waiting might help Tracca to strive further.  To prove to himself, 

let alone anyone else, just how far he can go.

He might absolutely star, he might get bruised/hurt,  and go into his shell.   He might get injured,   but he won't be going anywhere.

He will be looking at a large & lengthy contract this time round,  and it is one we should do our due diligence on,  as we'll be having a few talented players coming up for contracts in the next 2 years.

We need to get things right and not jump too soon.

What if Josh Kelly becomes available or Zac Williams, through this season.   Lets not spend all our bikkies before acceptances.  These things need to be worked into our other contract commitments,  leaving some room to chase other players.

8 hours ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

Are we really that desperate that we need to rush in and sign before he has even played one H&A game in 2020.  Just let him settle.

Do you think we might loser him if he hasn't signed on by June.?   I don't think he is going anywhere but to be in Red and Blue.

Let him play, and get into a routine and see what his form really is,  and then make the contract accordingly, at that time.

We don't need to panic and rush these things.

Do we want him on the list next year? If the answer is yes you sign him up as soon as he and the club can come to an agreement. To try and play around by delaying talks from the clubs side would be amateurish in the extreme.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

The boys Italian we don't leave our mate's, sign him now he will be worth 1 million a season by season end

WWII?

• Haha 3