Training Ground?

Romey

2 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Point of order Mr Fence. Although the Bonnie Doon FC already wear the ugly Essendon gear we in the general vicinity do not want that malodorous rabble (EFC) anywhere near us. 

Off to Tasmania with them I say.

There is some synergy with that thought.

Each second week the Bombers can fly over from Tasmania.

1 hour ago, Stiff Arm said:

The bottom of Lake Eildon

Sorry Stiffy, but that would pollute the water. No, we don't want that krap up here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pre-Covid the trucks were dumping dirt in the gully west of the Airport Golf club (bastards!)  and apparently are again.  The N-S runway (i.e. not pointing at the Bummers) is preferred because that is the way that Sydney is.  So that one first.  The E-W is short because they only use it when there is a strong wind (E-W) which pulls them up nicely when heading into same..

Edited by redandbluemakepurple

• 2 weeks later...

Dodgy welding on 1,200 tonnes of steel imported from Qatar needs to be replaced in the new stand they're constructing at the Cattery. I guess slave labour just isn't what it used to be.

https://www.austadiums.com/news/1261/steel-defects-delay-gmhba-stadium-redevelopment#:~:text=It's been reported the delays,been blamed for the delay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Dodgy welding on 1,200 tonnes of steel imported from Qatar needs to be replaced in the new stand they're constructing at the Cattery. I guess slave labour just isn't what it used to be.

https://www.austadiums.com/news/1261/steel-defects-delay-gmhba-stadium-redevelopment#:~:text=It's been reported the delays,been blamed for the delay.

Good old Watpac.

• Haha 2

The decision by builder Watpac to source 1200 tonnes of steel from overseas for the Kardinia Park project meant builders breached their commitment to local content baked into major project contracts.

who'd believe that?

would we have ever known that if steel hadn't been dodgy?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Vineytime said:

Brad Green spoke to the premium members prior to the Sydney game on Sunday, it’s down to 2 locations, Caulfield and Goschs Paddock, the club is hoping to announce something within 6 months. 

Did you have a gut feel on what location they may lean on?

Caufield to me sounds like a prime spot.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Gosch's paddock has very limited space so, hopefully they'll choose Caulfield.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I guess it depends on what Gosh's would look like as its prime placement. But Caufield I imagine may give us way more room, capacity for better facilities and more of a sense of "our own turf" Tbh though both sound exciting to me. 

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

27 minutes ago, Vineytime said:

Brad Green spoke to the premium members prior to the Sydney game on Sunday, it’s down to 2 locations, Caulfield and Goschs Paddock, the club is hoping to announce something within 6 months. 

Great to hear there has been some progress! 😎👍🏻

Looking forward to hearing more news on our Home Base for the Melbourne Football Club in 6 months time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supreme_Demon said:

Great to hear there has been some progress! 😎👍🏻

Looking forward to hearing more news on our Home Base for the Melbourne Football Club in 6 months time.

Have heard all this before. 

The same story as 6 months ago.....and when you are as old as me, the same story as 30 years ago!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1

They looked at Caulfield race track thirty years ago, so much for the MCG precinct or bust.

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

If it is Caulfield, my retired Dad who lives around the corner already said he will attend every training session and report back... so I mean if that doesn't seal the deal... 

Redleg who is also getting closer to retirement each day, lives a leisurely 10-15 min walk to Caulfield Racecourse and could also be a training reporter if required.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

If it is Caulfield, my retired Dad who lives around the corner already said he will attend every training session and report back... so I mean if that doesn't seal the deal... 

Bring on JNM senior!

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Gosch's paddock has very limited space so, hopefully they'll choose Caulfield.

At the moment it does. Add in the space between Goschs and AAMI and there's tonnes of room. Of course, that means finding alternatives for the other codes using those spaces, or at a minimum, sole use on certain days.

A three/four story facility covering car park F should also provide plenty of space for indoor training and admin.

Caufield does look good as well. So long as they go over it with due diligence, and then go over the due diligence with due diligence and then go over the due..... you get where I'm going

We want something that will give us best facilities in a few years, with scope to improve over the next 20-50 years

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluey said:

They looked at Caulfield race track thirty years ago, so much for the MCG precinct or bust.

Well now is the certainly the time to pull the trigger on Caulfield if that is the preferred option because the Racecourse is being redevloped, with or without MFC. It is now or never (for Caulfield). I say its a great location, not just becuase I am a short train ride away 😎

It would certainly give the Dees a 'true home' and it would be in the old recruiting zone with its fan base relatively close by.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

No idea, it was pleasing to hear that it is their main focus atm and hopefully announcing something this season. 

• Like 1

Whilst I want us to have a home base that's league standard the amount of money spent by governments on afl clubs training grounds is absurd. You've got people waiting 18 months to have hernia operations whilst overpaid sportsmen sit in government funded spas. Meanwhile the AFL burns money trying to keep soccer out in the wastelands of the GC and GWS. Perspective required.....and no I don't need a hernia operation but a friend has a double and has been waiting 9 months so far.

• Like 6
  • Angry 1