• Podcast:      

Sign in to follow this  
picket fence

In What Universe Sheedy??

Saw a book on the shelves today Best players seen and coaches Etc Etc

By Kev "Legend in my own Lunchbox"!

Only one thing Wrong...

No Rob Flower!

In what universe would Rob Flower not be in something like this??

Sheedy has NO IDEA!!!!!!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Dimwit Sheedy has complete disdain for anything MFC related. If Robbie had of played for the scum, Sheedy would be dubbing him the GOAT.

Loathe him with an absolute passion. Hate is a very powerful word, but i really do dislike him. The biggest self-entitled FIGJAM there ever was.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Only one thing Wrong...

No Rob Flower!

Sheedy has NO IDEA!!!!!!

This goes back to his failed application for the SC job at the dees. He's hated us ever since.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, picket fence said:

Only one thing Wrong...

No Rob Flower!

Sheedy has NO IDEA!!!!!!

Picket, I think the only time you are truly happy is when you are angry.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

Dimwit Sheedy has complete disdain for anything MFC related. If Robbie had of played for the scum, Sheedy would be dubbing him the GOAT.

Loathe him with an absolute passion. Hate is a very powerful word, but i really do dislike him. The biggest self-entitled FIGJAM there ever was.

He speaks highly of you as well 'DD'...

I've found Sheeds to be a top bloke, he's been a great ambassador for the game with time for fans of all clubs & loves getting involved with some friendly banter.

3 hours ago, MFC-11 said:

This goes back to his failed application for the SC job at the dees. He's hated us ever since.

This he hates us stuff is always overblown on here...

Seems like a conspiracy theory of the highest order...Sheedy hates us, man didn't land on the moon, vaccinations cause autism.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I’ve seen him out and about several times myself rjay. Arrogant/narcissistic doesn’t even come close

Edited by Demon Disciple

8 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

I’ve seen him out and about several times myself rjay. Arrogant/narcissistic doesn’t even come close

P***head might though.

1 hour ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Yous lot don't like him because he's spoken a lot of truths about Melbourne over the years. 

... or because he's perverted the game in so many ways. 50 metre penalties, unlimited interchange, experienced players being rookies ... the list goes on and on

Who cares? I’m sure there’s plenty of other deserving players not included as well.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

And he was a great proponent for indigenous players.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:44 PM, rjay said:

I've found Sheeds to be a top bloke, he's been a great ambassador for the game with time for fans of all clubs & loves getting involved with some friendly banter.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, rjay said:

Agree. That is my experience with him on a few occasions we have met and others who have told me the same.

I was told of a story one evening when KS was out dining with his family and on leaving, passed a table of young men. He stopped and of his own volition engaged the guys about who they followed and for about 10 minutes, while his  family waited  had a discussion on footy. My son was one of the guys, so I know it is true. The guys were really impressed and KS apparently is known for this.

Sometimes we build our dislikes of people for reasons that are not factual. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Agree. That is my experience with him on a few occasions we have met and others who have told me the same.

I was told of a story one evening when KS was out dining with his family and on leaving, passed a table of young men. He stopped and of his own volition engaged the guys about who they followed and for about 10 minutes, while his  family waited  had a discussion on footy. My son was one of the guys, so I know it is true. The guys were really impressed and KS apparently is known for this.

Sometimes we build our dislikes of people for reasons that are not factual. 

It is possible to dislike someone's public persona even if they are a nice person in private.  Donald Trump may be a nice guy in private  (OK, I have a very long bow).

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, sue said:

It is possible to dislike someone's public persona even if they are a nice person in private.  Donald Trump may be a nice guy in private  (OK, I have a very long bow).

Image result for longest bow

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

He took copious sums of money to pretend to care about the new plastic franchise  GWS.

He is devoid of soul, like Tom Scully.

Rubbish. He was sounded out by the AFL and GWS to be  their first Coach to bring a profile to the club. 

He moved states to do the job and was successful at starting a club in hostile territory.

He is nothing like the player you mentioned as he played his entire career at one club and basically coached for his entire career at another. The GWS job came after he had retired from Coaching.

Easy to rewrite history.

Congrats on yet another negative post.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Very, very good coach with a capacity to learn, bring in systems from other sports, encourage and inspire his players, and he is also an absolute nutcase. Although I understand Sheedy's brilliance, I loathe him for his thuggery in 2000 GF and refuse to move past it until we hold aloft a premiership cup of our own.

From his era, there is an genuine belief among ex-footballers that champions only come from Premiership teams. Therefore Robbie Flower, Gary Wilson, Bob Skilton, Bernie Quinlan etc... are considered great players but never "best ever". 

• Like 2

Sheeds (and I know him) is complex. He is a bit of a lighthouse-  a blinding light of brilliance followed by periods of WTF! darkness. But he is a good bloke that is both more and less what you'd expect.

• Like 3

I remember in my earlier years being a Prahran supporter and Sheedy who had played with them and still maintained contact with them as a very likeable bloke. Can always remember him speaking in the change rooms and he sure had everyones attention.

• Like 1

Have as much interest reading this as I do reading Allan Hird's article. Seriously why do the herald sun think it's a good idea getting a father to write an article about the club his son coached at and basically stuffed up. 

So what if David Evans got life membership. Just because he was honest and it was exposed what his son was trying to do. 

On 12/8/2019 at 6:57 PM, MFC-11 said:

Maybe it Goes back much further to 1966 when he trained with Melbourne as he was in our zone. Now according to Tom Hafey who gave us a corporate pep talk some years ago about resilience and overcoming adversity, a young Sheedy who had been rejected by Melbourne for being too short and too slow for a centreman came across to Richmond and was a revelation. Hafey said he was invaluable as a leader and setting training standards and for, in Hafey’s words, dealing physically with any young smart arses and assorted shirkers from Hafey’s training regime. It seems that Norm Smith and Co at the time overlooked a born leader; our loss, the Tigers gain but according to Hafey, his rejection by MFC was a big deal for Sheedy at the time. 

• Like 3