New List Manager - Tim Lamb?

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

We had the perfect opportunity to go after Mabior Chol last year when GC put him up for trade. 

He's kicked 29 goals this year playing as a genuine forward/ruckman which is exactly what we're screaming out for.

Instead we go and put our chips in for Tom Fullarton instead.

This 100%. More goals than Petty, McAdam and Fullarton combined.  I suggested him last year but was shot down as people said he was lazy and soft. He’s averaging 3.1 tackles per game which is elite for a forward.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

We had the perfect opportunity to go after Mabior Chol last year when GC put him up for trade. 

He's kicked 29 goals this year playing as a genuine forward/ruckman which is exactly what we're screaming out for.

Instead we go and put our chips in for Tom Fullarton instead.

How do you know that we didn't try to recruit Chol?  

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

How do you know that we didn't try to recruit Chol?  

Because we didn't. If I remember correctly it Tim Lamb who was briefly interviewed on trade radio at the time and there was the discussion around key forwards and the question was asked if we had put our hat in the ring for Chol and he pretty much confirmed we hadn't 

By then it was a 3 way fight between Adelaide, North and Hawthorn.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/07/2024 at 21:01, Sir Why You Little said:

Ok, i was told a different story, from an insider so the truth is somewhere inbetween. 
I am sure Harmesy could have had cramp if he had really wanted to, in front of an “AFL” official. 
Sad the way it ended for both of them actually….

You are wrong WYL, for once you could admit it. Cramp is not an injury, the stewards would not let it happen. This was disclosed in the weeks after the game, there is no "in between". Your alleged insider is an outsider like all of us here.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ANG13 said:

I am happy Ed has signed on. But I question the length of the contract, surely he wouldn’t have left if it was only a three year deal. 

Probably allows us to pay less per year and enabling us to go after other players

• Like 2

On 28/07/2024 at 21:24, Colm said:

This 100%. More goals than Petty, McAdam and Fullarton combined.  I suggested him last year but was shot down as people said he was lazy and soft. He’s averaging 3.1 tackles per game which is elite for a forward.

And May wouldn’t have broken ribs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chol for me lacks a bit of competitiveness. It seems that way anyway. Maybe it’s just his relaxed approach. One thing though is for Hawks he isn’t rucking much. Weddle taking more ruck contests at times. Seems the type when the chips are down and the team is struggling he really struggles. Not sure he was the answer. But would be better than Fullarton that’s for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Hunt29 said:

Chol for me lacks a bit of competitiveness. It seems that way anyway. Maybe it’s just his relaxed approach. One thing though is for Hawks he isn’t rucking much. Weddle taking more ruck contests at times. Seems the type when the chips are down and the team is struggling he really struggles. Not sure he was the answer. But would be better than Fullarton that’s for sure. 

He's kicked 31 goals for the year.

On that form alone he would be sitting second on our goalkicking behind Fritsch. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 25/07/2024 at 18:01, Sir Why You Little said:

Signing Grundy for 4 years and then giving up after 6 months. 

Josh Schache and Tom Fullarton as replacements 

billings for Jordan 

Letting go of Bedford…. (I was angry at the time, i knew he would become an very good player)

I think our trading since the Flag has been a big F

Jordan went for more opportunities and let’s be honest he would not have made us any better this year. Jordan is an average player and his numbers prove that.   As for the carry on with Bedford, he gets talked about like his Cyril Rioli  Bedford is a role player at best and very average by foot.  It was either him or Chandler.   Chandler is playing just as well as Bedford.  When you have a strong team you lose fringe players, it’s how the system works.  I agree Billings has not been great but he was taken as a depth player and he has stayed healthy which has held him back so I think he has hit expectations this year, I never expected him to be playing every week and he cost us nothing. 

IMG_4751.png

Edited by Demons11
  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Demons11 said:

Jordan went for more opportunities and let’s be honest he would not have made us any better this year. Jordan is an average player and his numbers prove that.   As for the carry on with Bedford, he gets talked about like his Cyril Rioli  Bedford is a role player at best and very average by foot.  It was either him or Chandler.   Chandler is playing just as well as Bedford.  When you have a strong team you lose fringe players, it’s how the system works.  I agree Billings has not been great but he was taken as a depth player and he has stayed healthy which has held him back so I think he has hit expectations this year, I never expected him to be playing every week and he cost us nothing. 

IMG_4751.png

Role Players or not. They are still much better than what we replaced them with….

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 2

6 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He's kicked 31 goals for the year.

On that form alone he would be sitting second on our goalkicking behind Fritsch. 

I was more coming from a point of view that he wasn’t perhaps the answer to the ruck/forward option. He doesn’t even really play that role at Hawks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demons11 said:

IMG_4751.png

Doesn't say how many turnovers he's had

• Like 1

Personally I'm not concerned with the recruitment of either Hunter or Billings. Hunter was pretty solid last year and this year he's been hit with injury, though I question his commitment this year. Billings has been ok in patches and really poor at other times, but it is his first year back after a lot of injuries so keen to see him after another full pre season. Both were brought over on 2 year deals, so not like we've tied ourselves into long contracts and they didn't cost much in draft picks.

McAdam is a bit of a strange one, some of the stuff he did for Adelaide was amazing but he hasn't looked like it this year. Will hold judgement until after the coming preseason but looking like a bust.

The one decision that blows my mind was to offer Schache another season, rather than using that spot to look for a genuine backup ruck. Given Fullarton had never played as a full time ruck it was a strange decision, as I see him as more of a replacement of Schache.

• Sad 2

On 23/07/2024 at 11:12, spirit of norm smith said:

You get assessed on actions and outcomes.  Lamb is tracking for a F grade outcome. Fail.  Unsure how he would keep his role going forward. Fyi Josh Mahoney delivered excellent trades and success.  

Remind me - when did Lamb take over?   Was he involved with the May Lever Langdon BBB premiership players or was it post 🏆?

PS. he is also responsible for re signings.  

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Demons11 said:

IMG_4751.png

Spot on. The James Jordan story has always been over played. Even when he was with us he was mostly ineffective. Talk of Grundy being AA  few weeks ago was ridiculous also.

• Like 2

I'm unsure as to whether Lamb chooses these trade targets or just facilitates the mechanic of the  trades bearing in mind existing list commitments.if it is the latter than it is difficult to be critical as as none of the trades cost us a great deal .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Demonsone said:

What would lamb be saying now watching all the trades in the last 2 seasons siting at Casey?? Biggest flops and perhaps the worst in the afl … 

Reading all the posts you make, I can't get over the sheer positivity you express.

• Facepalm 1

Hunter was ok for a year, Billings a bust, but these guys were worth the punt given the little we paid for them

A 2nd rounder for McAdam and the recruitment of Fullerton will seemingly no intention of actually playing him on the other hand....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, monoccular said:

Remind me - when did Lamb take over?   Was he involved with the May Lever Langdon BBB premiership players or was it post 🏆?

PS. he is also responsible for re signings.  

Josh Mahoney was responsible for all of those trades. He left at end of calendar 2020.  

Tim Lamb took over as list manager for player trade off seasons for 2021, 2022, 2023. 

2021. In.  Dunstan (DFA)

2022. In.  Grundy. Hunter, Schache 
outs.  Bedford,  Hunt, Jackson, Weideman

2023. In. McAdam, Billings, Fullarton    outs.  Grundy. JJ (FA ) , Harmes. 

Edited by spirit of norm smith
Ouch
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Josh Mahoney was responsible for all of those trades. He left at end of calendar 2020.  

Tim Lamb took over as list manager for player trade off seasons for 2021, 2022, 2023. 

2021. In.  Dunstan (DFA)

2022. In.  Grundy. Hunter, Schache 
outs.  Bedford,  Hunt, Jackson, Weideman

2023. In. McAdam, Billings, Fullarton    outs.  Grundy. JJ (FA ) , Harmes. 

He’s lucky to still have his job. But by the sounds of it he’s trying hard to get sacked. 

• Like 1