A loss to Carlton ...

Matsuo Basho

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Lose this and we will lose all confidence and probably finish second last.

win and we COULD get on a bit of a run and end up on ~8 wins and save some embarressment and have something to build on for next year

so I think it matters.

I really did expect that we would build some momentum on the confidence we took from the Freo game. Yet to think our second half against Brissy was arguably the worst we've played all year, really does inspire zero confidence of not only beating Carlton, but going on a bit of a run if we win. This team is soul crushing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

It’s an indictment on this year’s squad that we’re going to struggle to match the 2015 squad’s achievement of 7 wins. A squad that regularly featured whipping boys such as Bail, M Jones, McKenzie, Toumpas, Dawes, Michie and Newton.

So sad but so very true. The team that was going to bring home the bacon

A famous sage once said, "Marge, I don't hate your mother, I just wont be sad when she dies."

Sums up my feeling for the club at present.

Won't be heartbroken if we lose. Disgusted yes, but sad no.

I'm tipping a garbage, uninspiring 10 point win where I feel flat as a tack afterwards.

• Like 1

The disappointing thing for me is that for once, outsiders were beginning to take us seriously as a club. Many tipped us to finish top 4 and to have a fair dinkum crack at the flag. We hit a record membership number and were rewarded with a couple of Friday night games. 

If we bounce back next season no one will care because we’re just ‘typical’ Melbourne. If we lose to Carlton on the weekend my response would be ‘meh’. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

We'll lose to Carlton!

Agreed. There was something in the air in the second half last week. Mids getting frikn reamed at the centre bounces, 2 tackles or something like that in one of the quarters. The stats were alarming and It spoke of a collective lowering of heads. perhaps it was an expression of a collective disappointment that the season is over so soon? Perhaps a collective expression / realisation that goodys plan no longer works? Whatever it was, it was glaring and as an attitude that’s been building for weeks it’s not something that will disappear in a week. 

Dees to open up an early 5 goal lead then get roped back in and over run in the last. Blues by 5 goals. 

The 1966 rebuild seems like yesterday. Ken Jungwirth, Syd Catlin, Rowarth, Hugh Bromell, Ken Rowe, Frank Vearing, Chapman, Stewart, Leahy, Neville Stone, Rob Dowsing, Kerry Ryan, the list goes on, Dillon, Feldmann... Flash forward to 2020 and it's swapping out players, early draft picks and demonland summer updates.

7 hours ago, Wells 11 said:

Agreed. There was something in the air in the second half last week. Mids getting frikn reamed at the centre bounces, 2 tackles or something like that in one of the quarters. The stats were alarming and It spoke of a collective lowering of heads. perhaps it was an expression of a collective disappointment that the season is over so soon? Perhaps a collective expression / realisation that goodys plan no longer works? Whatever it was, it was glaring and as an attitude that’s been building for weeks it’s not something that will disappear in a week. 

Dees to open up an early 5 goal lead then get roped back in and over run in the last. Blues by 5 goals. 

We'll be lucky to kick 5 goals. Watch Carlton pummel us by 10 goals.

On 7/4/2019 at 3:00 PM, Die Hard Demon said:

I really did expect that we would build some momentum on the confidence we took from the Freo game. Yet to think our second half against Brissy was arguably the worst we've played all year, really does inspire zero confidence of not only beating Carlton, but going on a bit of a run if we win. This team is soul crushing.

The third quarter against the Brisbane bears the players came out and looked like they just couldn’t be bothered. They have put the cue in the rack for the year. They know the game plan is no good, most of their fellow players aren’t that good and they won’t be playing finals this year. Just collect the pay check and don’t try too hard because there’s no accountability anyway. You’ll get a game next week because there’s nobody better in Casey and lots are out injured.

I reckon we'll win well tomorrow!

Why? [censored] if I know!

However, I've been reading all the pessimism and I'm figuring ……. " We can't be that hopeless" . Can we?

Anyway, I'll probably run into @Moonshadow at the footy …. which in itself is good reason to get [censored]. 

So I'll be in the right mood either way.

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

I am waiting for weid to play like he did in those 2 finals games. This may be tbe one.

If he doesnt have a breakout game soon , how long should we persist with him?

Ask MB

7 minutes ago, bingers said:

Is that like the Kruezer Cup years ago?

Bingers, it's not that far away except that Carlton wants to win but Adelaide want them to lose. Maybe I'm reading to much into it.