Post Match Discussion - Elimination Final

Demonland

• 11 months later...

Far out what a night this was.. this was literally 12 months ago. If you had told me that in 12 months time we would finish 2nd last on the ladder with 5 wins, i would have completely told you you've lost the plot. Especially after this performance when we completely bullied the cats..

Feels like a lifetime ago now...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Far out what a night this was.. this was literally 12 months ago. If you had told me that in 12 months time we would finish 2nd last on the ladder with 5 wins, i would have completely told you you've lost the plot. Especially after this performance when we completely bullied the cats..

But it is only half that time, until the next season starts.

45 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Might go watch the highlights again. We can reminisce or start with a phantom post match discussion.

Full Game.
A year is a long time in football.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GDRDtbQeo8Xgc1tpxOLWHhFYP8inGKbE/view?fbclid=IwAR0giCWvO_GF2t17wVG-MZHIOGPE2PWbMO8pnqlW_2tV24pDeylKraWt0O8

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

@dazzledavey36 

talk about sick and twisted 

however I read through the thread and interesting to see how many posters this season if doom are absent in this thread

our resident clown only posted once and it was to praise Chris Scott's press conference, which is obviously the first thing which would come to mind as a real Dees supporter after your biggest highlight in 12 years

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 9/7/2019 at 10:12 AM, dazzledavey36 said:

Only the MFC could find a way!

4 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

@dazzledavey36 

however I read through the thread and interesting to see how many posters this season if doom are absent in this thread

our resident clown only posted once and it was to praise Chris Scott's press conference, which is obviously the first thing which would come to mind as a real Dees supporter after your biggest highlight in 12 years

Ha I did see that..

On 9/9/2018 at 7:26 AM, Dee Zephyr said:

Cats have been outscored 23.16 (154) to 6.17.(53) in first quarters of their last 6 finals.

This needs an update

Outscored 28.21 to 8.19 in first quarters.. ha ha ....last 7 finals

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

@dazzledavey36 

I think we've all known that he's not actually a Melbourne supporter all this time.  As you've said previously, he would have similar accounts on other fan forums to stir up as much trouble as possible. 

As for this thread - I don't think I've ever celebrated harder than when Hannan kicked the sealer.  12 years of raw emotion was let out that night.  The opportunity to do this again won't be another 12 years in the making.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's funny how perceptions change based on on field performance

Agreed.

In a similar light, I think last weekends finals games (and potentially next weekends) by other teams can also put some perspective on where the MFC was/is at:

1. Last weekend, Essendon were smashed by WC in Perth by about the same margin as we were against WC in last year's preliminary final;

2.  The Bulldogs were pretty underwhelming and got blown out of the water by GWS;

3.  After setting themselves up in a good ladder position and a home game at the Gabba, Brisbane were pretty woeful against Richmond.  Obviously Brisbane have the double chance and still have the opportunity to redeem themselves.

Whilst this season has undoubtedly been a total train wreck for the MFC, what can be said is that in 2018 our team stood up in finals and that much of that same list is still the core that will take us into 2020 and beyond, so I'm comfortable in the knowledge that they do have the mental fortitude to win big games/finals if the team can regain that kind of fitness, system and confidence back.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

3.  After setting themselves up in a good ladder position and a home game at the Gabba, Brisbane were pretty woeful against Richmond.  Obviously Brisbane have the double chance and still have the opportunity to redeem themselves.

Brisbanes game was Melbourne like.
Ahead on the inside 50's and scoring shots.
Still got beaten convincingly.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Sad 1

On 9/10/2018 at 1:27 PM, jnrmac said:

I posted a while back that our 3rd qtr stats are outstanding. The number 1 team for the year. That says to me the coaching staff are able to make the necessary changes, reinforce the messages, get the team back on track if needed or counteract the opposition moves.

That is a very good sign that the coaches can identify what needs to be done and impart the right messages and moves.

It also seems that we have tightened up measurably since the Sydney game to mostly one on one footy - none of the no wings, or 2 behind the square for the bounce etc.

Have faith jnr. We have a young team and a young coach and they'll learn from this year. Give them a chance to prove themselves next year and have an opportunity for redemption.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Have faith jnr. We have a young team and a young coach and they'll learn from this year. Give them a chance to prove themselves next year and have an opportunity for redemption.

Doc.  I sure hope they do use 2019 as a learning experience, analyze what went wrong, then look ahead and make amends.  If they just write it off as a mere aberration and don’t learn from it we would be in for a lot more pain. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Doc.  I sure hope they do use 2019 as a learning experience, analyze what went wrong, then look ahead and make amends.  If they just write it off as a mere aberration and don’t learn from it we would be in for a lot more pain. 

I don't think goody will review this season. Put it behind us. Wasn't the Melbourne way.

(Insert sarcasm emoji here)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/9/2019 at 8:34 AM, Wiseblood said:

As for this thread - I don't think I've ever celebrated harder than when Hannan kicked the sealer.  12 years of raw emotion was let out that night. 

Same.
I was in the pocket with my three tortured kids and he kicked it right in front of us.
That goal and the looks on my kids faces will stay with me forever.
Gives me chills every time.

But then to turn their toes up like they did this year just shattered me.
And again, that's mainly because of the kids.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Fork 'em said:

Same.
I was in the pocket with my three tortured kids and he kicked it right in front of us.
That goal and the looks on my kids faces will stay with me forever.
Gives me chills every time.

But then to turn their toes up like they did this year just shattered me.
And again, that's mainly because of the kids.

Thanks for posting that. In a year that was bitterly disappointing from start to finish, it is bloody nice to invoke memories of an epic moment. I hit the roof in a good way at that goal - me and every other MFC fan I guess.

Hadn’t heard that call of it though. It’s a ripper. My memory is BT calling 40, 30, 20, 15... 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 11:18 PM, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think you'll find this poster is one of the strongest slaters of our coaches now and how he saw the warning signs last season. 

Edited by Pennant St Dee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

I think you'll find this poster is one of the strongest slaters of our coaches now and how he saw the warning signs last season. 

Exactly, that's why I I quoted that post to remind him that things are never as bad or as good as they seem. Don't worry he'll be back on board next year when we bounce back and he can point to that post and say "see, I knew Goodwin was a ripper I always backed him"

• Like 1