Changes vs Adelaide

What

15 minutes ago, Roost It said:

Hannan is out of form 

Bugg is done

Kentband Vanders need yo find continuous form at VFL level. Neither has done much of anything at AFL level

i love how people think that average VFL players can fix our ills

No one said that.

8 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

No one said that.

Not in so many words maybe. But there are a lot of posters who seem to think that the 19 yr old Baker is going to fix our outside run problem. Or that Keilty would come in and do a better job then Oscar McDonald who a 'woeful footballer'.

I think when supporters see Kent kick a few or Vanders lay a dozen tackles that they would immediately come in and make an impact at AFL level. Both of those guys aren't AFL match fit. Goodwin mentioned in a press conference last week that AVB was a month away with him needing to build form and fitness at VFL level.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

No one said that.

So we’re going to make a change even though it will offer no improvement. How about we just leave it. I’ve a soft spot for JKH cause he’s worked his backside off to get here. It takes more than 2 games to find the pace of the game, I’d give him 5 games 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roost It said:

So we’re going to make a change even though it will offer no improvement. How about we just leave it. I’ve a soft spot for JKH cause he’s worked his backside off to get here. It takes more than 2 games to find the pace of the game, I’d give him 5 games 

Yeah Lets play him because you have a soft spot for him.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Roost It said:

And he still won't have it RI

You have a soft spot..... that's fine. I don't. He's used up all his goes.  Absolutely he tries hard. He has half a game really ( kinda fits us perfectly come to think of it ) Irony...he's all defence...not much chop for a small fwd .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roost It said:

JKH stays in, we have no one to replace him 

If he stays we are in worse shape than I thought! Gave us ZILCH then missed a Crucial goal through panic!

Not the answer!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, picket fence said:

If he stays we are in worse shape than I thought! Gave us ZILCH then missed a Crucial goal through panic!

Not the answer!

Who is?

Id be happy to replace him IF we had a replacement. Please stop saying Pedersen it’s boring

Edited by Roost It
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Roost It said:

Who is?

Id be happy to replace him IF we had a replacement. Please stop saying Pedersen it’s boring

Im talking about JKH!! Play OSCAR BAKER FCS

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CelebratingJade said:

Still think we need extra height 

I think Pedersen gives us versatility and I like his reliable clunking

So a small needs to come out, if not JKH then it has to be Jeffy for mine and push JKH deep forward

Pedo for Oscar then.

Hannan for JKH

14 minutes ago, Roost It said:

Oh lord 

JKH is a spud

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Im talking about JKH!! Play OSCAR BAKER FCS

Anyone can replace JKH he is useless.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Anyone can replace JKH he is useless.

Says the current irrational poster

Edited by Roost It
  • Love 1
  • Shocked 1

We play Adelaide Oval really well.  Probably as well as we play Etihad.

We flogged the Crows there by 8 goals last season, and beat both Port and the Crows there in 2016. Should have rolled Port a few weeks ago but didn't take our chances.

Above average Vfl players  get games over average Vfl players but when those better Vfl players get their chance and constantly fail then you have to then rely on the average Vfl players and hope that somebody can step up. Don't be surprised an average player in Baker gets a game. 

3 hours ago, picket fence said:

Not the answer!

Exactly jkh gave us nil. 

He panicked when he should have won the game

i gave him the benefit of a chance but he is not afl standard

move over and give Baker his deserved shot

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pinkshark said:

I remember him taking strong grabs, and knocking the stuffing out of players at the contest.  I liked him.  Still do.  He's a hungry young man.  

I agree with those things.  I liked him too. And was excited for what he could be.  But he wasn't an elite talent nor an established AFL player.  And with his actual stats,  those big marks and goals were remembered were actually not that frequent. 

He is tough, physical, competitive and had potential, so I hope he can make it back. I just think that we're remembering his output fondly based on nostalgia and our overall terrible performance at the time, and rating current players low because their weaknesses are currently exposed. 

Will we be happy with 12 possessions from VDB? Because we aren't happy with 15-20 from Pettracca, nor 15 and 2 goals from ANB...

• Like 1